Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#26 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:11 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:03 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:30 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:15 pm

There's 60 people out of 350 million in this country that have this thing and you people are once again hysterical with political rage. Politics is your religion and you are a cult. You are sickening.
So, your defense of Trump is that complete incompetence, cluelessness, and lack of preparation are okay because the epidemic isn't that bad... yet.

I will say this. With Mike Pence in charge of our response, we've got this under control as long as prayer is the cure for the coronavirus. Because that's Mike Pence's go-to treatment instead of anything that's scientifically valid.
I hope Pence prays instead of using a mask.
That'll help a whole lot more than what any of the dems and the MSM are doing.

And BTW, the mask doesn't protect YOU much, it is much more useful to protect other people from you. So you don't spit, cough or sneeze on them. YOU are much more likely to catch a virus from touching something an infected person has contaminated. Not breathing air. But you can continue to swim around in your ignorance.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronaviru ... t-protect/
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#27 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:23 pm

Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:10 pm
If it fizzles out, and the media finds another thing to hype and drool over, then you admit to me that the MSM is NOT to be trusted.
This is like saying that if a hurricane doesn't hit after a storm warning has been issued, then it's just hype. And it's not just the press and the Democrats. It's the World Health Organization and the CDC and just about every other health organization around. As opposed to that, you've got Donald Trump and his followers like Rush Cigar-Smoking-Is-Good-for-You Limbaugh and you. And Trump's primary concern seems to be the stock market and not people actually getting sick and dying.

What's morbidly fascinating here are comparisons between Republican response now and when Obama was president during the Ebola crisis (11 total cases and no fatalities in the US). How about this:
Donald Trump wrote:Ebola patient will be brought to the U.S. in a few days - now I know for sure that our leaders are incompetent. KEEP THEM OUT OF HERE! Ebola is much easier to transmit than the CDC and government representatives are admitting. Spreading all over Africa-and fast. Stop flights. If this doctor, who so recklessly flew into New York from West Africa,has Ebola,then Obama should apologize to the American people & resign!
Or how about this:
Richard Burr, NC Senator wrote:From the outset of the Ebola outbreak we have been two steps behind, when we should have been two steps ahead. The President made a lot of commitments to combat Ebola, actions which I supported, but it has become clear that the Administration’s capacity to fulfill these promises in a timeline that sufficiently addresses this crisis does not exist.
Rand Paul, KY Senator wrote:Imagine if a whole shipload of our soldiers [sent to Africa to fight the disease] get Ebola? I’m concerned about this. It’s a big mistake to downplay it, and act as if this is not a big deal, we can control all of this. This could get beyond our control.
Of course, it's easy to understand Republicans concern about the Ebola crisis. It reached its height just before the 2014 midterm elections giving them a great opportunity to bash the Democrats and Obama.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:23 pm
If it fizzles out, and the media finds another thing to hype and drool over, then you admit to me that the MSM is NOT to be trusted.
This is like saying that if a hurricane doesn't hit after a storm warning has been issued, then it's just hype. And it's not just the press and the Democrats. It's the World Health Organization and the CDC and just about every other health organization around. As opposed to that, you've got Donald Trump and his followers like Rush Cigar-Smoking-Is-Good-for-You Limbaugh and you. And Trump's primary concern seems to be the stock market and not people actually getting sick and dying.

What's morbidly fascinating here are comparisons between Republican response now and when Obama was president during the Ebola crisis (11 total cases and no fatalities in the US). How about this:
Donald Trump wrote:Ebola patient will be brought to the U.S. in a few days - now I know for sure that our leaders are incompetent. KEEP THEM OUT OF HERE! Ebola is much easier to transmit than the CDC and government representatives are admitting. Spreading all over Africa-and fast. Stop flights. If this doctor, who so recklessly flew into New York from West Africa,has Ebola,then Obama should apologize to the American people & resign!
Or how about this:
Richard Burr, NC Senator wrote:From the outset of the Ebola outbreak we have been two steps behind, when we should have been two steps ahead. The President made a lot of commitments to combat Ebola, actions which I supported, but it has become clear that the Administration’s capacity to fulfill these promises in a timeline that sufficiently addresses this crisis does not exist.
Rand Paul, KY Senator wrote:Imagine if a whole shipload of our soldiers [sent to Africa to fight the disease] get Ebola? I’m concerned about this. It’s a big mistake to downplay it, and act as if this is not a big deal, we can control all of this. This could get beyond our control.
Of course, it's easy to understand Republicans concern about the Ebola crisis. It reached its height just before the 2014 midterm elections giving them a great opportunity to bash the Democrats and Obama.
Of course you didn't bother to read my post, just knee-jerked it again. (Flu deaths 2018 - 61,000. Corona Virus Deaths so far - 0, Flu cases 2018 - 45,000,000, Corona Cases so far - 60)

Oh gee-willikers! You mean the repub politicians showed the same hypocrisy as the dems are doing now? How can that be?
We all know that those evil repubs used ebola as a political weapon, but the dems are not even capable of thinking of using corona as a political weapon. They are far above such tactics. Every illness and death from ebola and corona is trump's fault and those repub lackies who lick his boots. Ain't that right, SSS?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#29 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:13 am

The 1918 flu pandemic that is considered one of the 20th century's worst public health catastrophes had a fatality rate of approximately 1%. The coronavirus has a fatality rate of between 2% and 3%, and it appears highly transmissible, even by people who are presymptomatic. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#30 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:33 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:13 am
The 1918 flu pandemic that is considered one of the 20th century's worst public health catastrophes had a fatality rate of approximately 1%. The coronavirus has a fatality rate of between 2% and 3%, and it appears highly transmissible, even by people who are presymptomatic. --Bob
Bobby, I'm not saying corona is not dangerous. I'm saying that people like you and those you have chosen to represent you are using this, like you use any possible thing, to bash trump. It would be laughable if it weren't so fucked up and pathetic.
You are so concerned about how dangerous this illness is, and the first thing that occurs to you to do is find some way to blame trump. That seems to be your cure all for everything. Introspection, bobby.

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:14 am

Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:33 am
You are so concerned about how dangerous this illness is, and the first thing that occurs to you to do is find some way to blame trump.
Trump has done a lot to weaken our country in many ways. A lot of them aren't evident, such as the cuts in spending for the CDC and other measures he has taken. That is, they're not evident until there's an emergency. It's like someone who saves money in a construction project by not putting in sprinklers and fire alarms. It's not evident until there's a fire.

Your problem is that you're so fixated on the wonderful job you think Trump is doing that you refuse to admit any sign of his incompetence no matter how blatant it appears. Instead, you blame me, Bob, Adam Schiff, Nancy Peolosi, Chuck Schumer, and fake news who you think are all obsessed with bringing Trump down.

Unfortunately, none of us can do anything to remedy the problem (although the Democrats in the house have pushed through hundreds of bills that Mitch McConnell sits on). All we can do is point it out and let the voters decide in November.

flockofseagulls104

#32 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:41 am

Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:14 am
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:33 am
You are so concerned about how dangerous this illness is, and the first thing that occurs to you to do is find some way to blame trump.
Trump has done a lot to weaken our country in many ways. A lot of them aren't evident, such as the cuts in spending for the CDC and other measures he has taken. That is, they're not evident until there's an emergency. It's like someone who saves money in a construction project by not putting in sprinklers and fire alarms. It's not evident until there's a fire.

Your problem is that you're so fixated on the wonderful job you think Trump is doing that you refuse to admit any sign of his incompetence no matter how blatant it appears. Instead, you blame me, Bob, Adam Schiff, Nancy Peolosi, Chuck Schumer, and fake news who you think are all obsessed with bringing Trump down.

Unfortunately, none of us can do anything to remedy the problem (although the Democrats in the house have pushed through hundreds of bills that Mitch McConnell sits on). All we can do is point it out and let the voters decide in November.
No, he has strengthened the country in many ways. It's your party that has weakened it with your obsession on taking him out. You are right in one thing. ALL YOU CAN DO AND HAVE DONE is find things or make things up to club him with. That is your platform. So we'll let the voters decide. I think most of them are sick of it. But we'll find out.

silverscreenselect

#33 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:54 pm

Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:41 am
So we'll let the voters decide. I think most of them are sick of TRUMP. But we'll find out.
Fixed it for ya.

flockofseagulls104

#34 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:52 pm

Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:54 pm
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:41 am
So we'll let the voters decide. I think most of them are sick of TRUMP. But we'll find out.
Fixed it for ya.
I don't quite think so.

flockofseagulls104

#35 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:18 am

Ok you echo chamber bubble drones. (You know who you are).

We all know the MSM never overhypes things.

Here's the CDC statistics for the common, everyday flu in the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Lets give it a month or two.
If the corona virus in the US is significantly higher with REAL statistics and not hype in the next few months, I will agree with you that you are right about all this chicken little stuff. And for your prize, if I live through it, I won't vote for trump.
If it fizzles out, and the media finds another thing to hype and drool over, then you admit to me that the MSM is NOT to be trusted. No if, ands, buts or whataboutisms. I'm not going to ask that you vote for trump, because even if you say you will, I know you won't. But finally, for God's sake, admit you're wrong about something. All of you. That'll be enough.
Not one of you lefties has even commented on this. Because you know it's true?

silverscreenselect

#36 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:44 am

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:18 am
How serious the outbreak eventually proves to be does nothing to change the basic issue of the government's preparedness, or, in this case, lack thereof. South Korea has tested over 35,000 people for the virus (as of this article last week); the US had tested under 500 (and I've heard anecdotal reports of individuals being charged several thousand uninsured dollars for tests). Plus, the initial tests here were flawed and inconclusive. The Koreans even have a drive-through testing station where people can find out if they're infected. Our reaction seems to be putting Mike (I-believe-in-prayer-to-cure-diseases) Pence in charge, accusing Democrats of wanting thousands of people to die, and stocking up on toilet paper. And of course, our ability to detect, respond, and treat has already been severely hampered by Trump budget cuts.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsand ... 610db7670e

That's something fundamentally wrong with this and that's true whether there are a handful of deaths or thousands. Trump is going to meet with CDC officials Friday. Let's see if something comes from this or he turns it into his usual patting-himself-on-the-back-while-blaming-Democrats grandstanding.

flockofseagulls104

#37 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:24 am

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:44 am
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:18 am
How serious the outbreak eventually proves to be does nothing to change the basic issue of the government's preparedness, or, in this case, lack thereof. South Korea has tested over 35,000 people for the virus (as of this article last week); the US had tested under 500 (and I've heard anecdotal reports of individuals being charged several thousand uninsured dollars for tests). Plus, the initial tests here were flawed and inconclusive. The Koreans even have a drive-through testing station where people can find out if they're infected. Our reaction seems to be putting Mike (I-believe-in-prayer-to-cure-diseases) Pence in charge, accusing Democrats of wanting thousands of people to die, and stocking up on toilet paper. And of course, our ability to detect, respond, and treat has already been severely hampered by Trump budget cuts.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsand ... 610db7670e

That's something fundamentally wrong with this and that's true whether there are a handful of deaths or thousands. Trump is going to meet with CDC officials Friday. Let's see if something comes from this or he turns it into his usual patting-himself-on-the-back-while-blaming-Democrats grandstanding.
I didn't ask for a batphone report. I want a yes or no. Are you willing to take me up on my offer?

silverscreenselect

#38 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:05 am

Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:24 am
I didn't ask for a batphone report. I want a yes or no. Are you willing to take me up on my offer?
I never said how bad the virus spread might be. What I did say, and I haven't heard anything from you that would take exception to this in any way, is that Trump's reaction to this, both in terms of CDC funding before the fact and after-the-fact response, has been woefully deficient, and that's true whether one person or a million people are infected. Well founded or not, we may be on the verge of a national panic and Trump's response has been pitiful. Trump's "solution" to this problem is the same as it is to every scientific problem: ignore it, claim it's junk science and/or fake news, and then blame the Democrats for fear mongering when something does happen.

flockofseagulls104

#39 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:54 am

Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:05 am
I never said how bad the virus spread might be. What I did say, and I haven't heard anything from you that would take exception to this in any way, is that Trump's reaction to this, both in terms of CDC funding before the fact and after-the-fact response, has been woefully deficient, and that's true whether one person or a million people are infected. Well founded or not, we may be on the verge of a national panic and Trump's response has been pitiful. Trump's "solution" to this problem is the same as it is to every scientific problem: ignore it, claim it's junk science and/or fake news, and then blame the Democrats for fear mongering when something does happen.
I said nothing about trump, except to offer not to vote for him if I turn out to be wrong. I am treated to yet another I hate Trump diatribe. Your obsession is overwhelming.
Do you accept my challenge, yes or no?

flockofseagulls104

#40 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:52 pm

Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:05 am
Here's your answer: No, it wasn't, no, it isn't and no, he won't.
Where's your answer to my challenge?

silverscreenselect

#41 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:59 pm

Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:52 pm
While the prospect of your denouncing Trump or whatever other penalty you had in mind if you lost is appealing, I'm not going to bet on anything that I "win" by having thousands of people die of a disease. That's what Trump Jr. accused the Democrats of doing.

flockofseagulls104

#42 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:43 pm

Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:59 pm
While the prospect of your denouncing Trump or whatever other penalty you had in mind if you lost is appealing, I'm not going to bet on anything that I "win" by having thousands of people die of a disease. That's what Trump Jr. accused the Democrats of doing.
Weaseling. You know this is overhyped and is being weaponized against trump. Your main response has been to blame trump for things that haven't happened. If you weren't such a hypocrite you would say yes because you hope I'm right and relatively few people will die of this illness. (It's not a disease). Your decision has nothing to do with deaths. You just don't want to have to admit you might be wrong about something.
I will hold to my end of the deal, regardless. Coward.

silverscreenselect

#43 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:58 pm

Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:43 pm
You know this is overhyped and is being weaponized against trump.
If this is being weaponized against Trump, then a whole lot of people in a whole lot of countries are in on it. The reaction here in the US has been very restrained in comparison to what's going on in other parts of the world.

flockofseagulls104

#44 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:07 pm

Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:58 pm
If this is being weaponized against Trump, then a whole lot of people in a whole lot of countries are in on it. The reaction here in the US has been very restrained in comparison to what's going on in other parts of the world.
Like I said. When it gets to numbers rivaling that of the normal flu, you have reason to complain. I'm on record believing that it won't. There are measurable scientific numbers here. Don't you believe in science?

silverscreenselect

#45 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:35 pm

Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Like I said. When it gets to numbers rivaling that of the normal flu, you have reason to complain. I'm on record believing that it won't. There are measurable scientific numbers here. Don't you believe in science?
Again, you missed the point. You and your right-wing buddies are claiming that this is all left-wing hysteria designed to make Trump look bad. Leaving aside that the Republicans did far worse during the Ebola outbreak in 2014, I noted that reaction in the US was fairly restrained in comparison to other countries and that if it's designed to make Trump look bad then a whole lot of other countries are in on it. And you also miss the point that our preparedness for a possible epidemic is woefully inadequate and that is largely Trump's doing.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#46 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:59 am

Weaseling. You know this is overhyped and is being weaponized against trump. Your main response has been to blame trump for things that haven't happened. If you weren't such a hypocrite you would say yes because you hope I'm right and relatively few people will die of this illness. (It's not a disease). Your decision has nothing to do with deaths. You just don't want to have to admit you might be wrong about something.
Actually, I'm blaming Donny for disbanding both the pandemic response team designed to help our own country respond to a possible pandemic and the team designed to help other countries, specifically including China, avoid starting a pandemic. And we know that this pandemic did, in fact, start in China so we are blaming Donny for something.

Of course, it's the nature of the beast that we can never know what would have happened if Donny hadn't disbanded the team specifically intended to lower the likelihood that this sort of thing would happen, but that certainly doesn't mean he should be absolved of blame. Kind of like blaming a driver for being too drunk to avoid an accident, even though we may not know whether he'd have been able to avoid the accident even if he'd been sober. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#47 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:25 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:59 am

Actually, I'm blaming Donny for disbanding both the pandemic response team designed to help our own country respond to a possible pandemic and the team designed to help other countries, specifically including China, avoid starting a pandemic. And we know that this pandemic did, in fact, start in China so we are blaming Donny for something.

Of course, it's the nature of the beast that we can never know what would have happened if Donny hadn't disbanded the team specifically intended to lower the likelihood that this sort of thing would happen, but that certainly doesn't mean he should be absolved of blame. Kind of like blaming a driver for being too drunk to avoid an accident, even though we may not know whether he'd have been able to avoid the accident even if he'd been sober. --Bob
Tunnel vision.

silverscreenselect

#48 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:01 am

You know this is overhyped and is being weaponized against trump. Your main response has been to blame trump for things that haven't happened.
Donald Trump on Sean Hannity show 3/4/20 wrote:Well, I think the 3.4% is really a false number. Now, this is just my hunch, and … But based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people who do this … Because a lot of people will have this, and it’s very mild. Uh, they’ll get better very rapidly, they don’t even see a doctor, they don’t even call a doctor. You never hear about those people, so you, uh, you can’t put them down in the category of the overall population in terms of this, uh, corona flu. If we have, you know, thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work—some of them go to work—but they get better. And then when you do have a death, like you’ve had in the state of Washington, and like you had one in California, I believe you had one in New York, you know, uh, all of a sudden it seems like 3 or 4%, which is a very high number, as opposed to … as opposed to a fraction of 1%
So, per Trump, if you've got coronavirus, you'll get better, go on to work.

flockofseagulls104

#49 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:36 pm

Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:35 pm
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:07 pm

Again, you missed the point. You and your right-wing buddies are claiming that this is all left-wing hysteria designed to make Trump look bad. Leaving aside that the Republicans did far worse during the Ebola outbreak in 2014, I noted that reaction in the US was fairly restrained in comparison to other countries and that if it's designed to make Trump look bad then a whole lot of other countries are in on it. And you also miss the point that our preparedness for a possible epidemic is woefully inadequate and that is largely Trump's doing.
No, you've missed the point. I'm not talking about trump. I'm saying that I believe this illness will not approach the levels of the every day common flu does every year in the US, either in number of cases or in deaths. And if I'm right, then it's obvious that the media is over-hyping it and getting susceptible people (and countries) into a panic, because that's what they do. I don't care one whit whether you blame trump for it or not, because I know you will. That's a given. So I will concede to you that point. Whatever happens, trump is to fuckin' blame, the bastard. He should be impeached again. Maybe thrown in jail for accessory to murder. After he's tarred and feathered on national TV. That is now taken care of. You win that point.

OK? So would you kindly put your trump obsession aside one minute and address the actual point of my post?

silverscreenselect

#50 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:51 pm

Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:36 pm
I'm saying that I believe this illness will not approach the levels of the every day common flu does every year in the US, either in number of cases or in deaths. And if I'm right, then it's obvious that the media is over-hyping it and getting susceptible people (and countries) into a panic, because that's what they do.
That's Monday morning quarterbacking. First, I agree that the media overhypes everything: that's what they do. Turn on the 11:00 news in Atlanta and half the time it will be a breaking story about someone getting killed. Is that the most important news event in Atlanta all day? Of course not, but if it bleeds it leads. The media will promote the daylights out of coronavirus stories because they get ratings. But that's not Trump or liberal bias, which you keep claiming and Trump keeps harping on. And by trying to pass this off as a liberal media attack, people run the risk of downplaying this too much. You're the one who keeps saying that this is some type of anti-Trump media conspiracy.