Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#601 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:57 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:44 pm
He never said the disease wasn't real. I will say there is no pancreatic cancer pandemic, but I've lost 2 good friends to it over the past 5 years
According to this site, about 48,000 in the United States will die of pancreatic cancer this year. That's a far cry from 500,000 due to COVID.

https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/pan ... statistics
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#602 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:41 am

We just found out today that our daughters' stepmother (the woman their father married after he left Mrs. SSS) has COVID. She's about my age. So too does our daughters' half-sister (their father had another child with his second wife). The younger woman, who is in her late 30s is in the hospital and has been on oxygen, although she's well enough to Facebook chat with our daughter. They live in a house with several people including children and grandchildren. So others may have or get the virus.

Younger people can and do get sick enough to be hospitalized. People who refuse the vaccine can and do get sick.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#603 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:43 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:41 am
We just found out today that our daughters' stepmother (the woman their father married after he left Mrs. SSS) has COVID. She's about my age. So too does our daughters' half-sister (their father had another child with his second wife). The younger woman, who is in her late 30s is in the hospital and has been on oxygen, although she's well enough to Facebook chat with our daughter. They live in a house with several people including children and grandchildren. So others may have or get the virus.
Prayers that all your daughter's family members recover.
silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:41 am
Younger people can and do get sick enough to be hospitalized. People who refuse the vaccine can and do get sick.
I don't think anyone argues that. That happens with the flu, strep, pneumonia and practically every other disease as well.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Vandal
Director of Promos
Posts: 5408
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Literary Circles
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#604 Post by Vandal » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:44 pm

Disneyland opened for the first time in 400 days.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Working on:
Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#605 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat May 29, 2021 7:45 pm

The Stetson Hat Company has ceased doing business with HatWRKS, a small Nashville hat store whose owner proudly announced on social media that the store was selling yellow Star of David patches with the logo "Not Vaccinated." The store still plans to sell trucker hats with the same logo. Another prominent hat manufacturer, Goorin Brothers is conducting an internal investigation to determine whether they want to continue supplying the store. Not surprisingly, a number of protestors have shown up at the store, holding banners saying "No Nazis in Nashville."

https://www.wkrn.com/news/protestors-su ... gram-post/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#606 Post by Bob Juch » Sat May 29, 2021 9:14 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:45 pm
The Stetson Hat Company has ceased doing business with HatWRKS, a small Nashville hat store whose owner proudly announced on social media that the store was selling yellow Star of David patches with the logo "Not Vaccinated." The store still plans to sell trucker hats with the same logo. Another prominent hat manufacturer, Goorin Brothers is conducting an internal investigation to determine whether they want to continue supplying the store. Not surprisingly, a number of protestors have shown up at the store, holding banners saying "No Nazis in Nashville."

https://www.wkrn.com/news/protestors-su ... gram-post/
I'd never heard of them in all my trips to/through Nashville, so I looked them up. Their store is not in the tourist area. FWIW, they're closed on Sundays.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#607 Post by BackInTex » Sat May 29, 2021 10:26 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:14 pm
FWIW, they're closed on Sundays.
Your bigotry is noted.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#608 Post by Bob Juch » Sat May 29, 2021 10:36 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:26 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:14 pm
FWIW, they're closed on Sundays.
Your bigotry is noted.
No, thers is.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#609 Post by BackInTex » Sat May 29, 2021 10:57 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:36 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:26 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:14 pm
FWIW, they're closed on Sundays.
Your bigotry is noted.
No, thers is.
No. Yours is. Lots of companies are closed on Sunday for various reasons.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7284
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#610 Post by tlynn78 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:16 am

:lol:
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:36 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:26 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:14 pm
FWIW, they're closed on Sundays.
Your bigotry is noted.
No, thers is.
🤣🤣🤣
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#611 Post by Bob Juch » Sun May 30, 2021 4:41 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:57 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:36 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:26 pm

Your bigotry is noted.
No, theirs is.
No. Yours is. Lots of companies are closed on Sunday for various reasons.
I'm not saying being closed on Sunday is a sign of their bigotry; it's the Star of David hats.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#612 Post by Bob Juch » Mon May 31, 2021 11:24 am

The owner of the hat store has apologized:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... n-vaccine/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#613 Post by BackInTex » Mon May 31, 2021 3:48 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:41 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:57 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:36 pm


No, theirs is.
No. Yours is. Lots of companies are closed on Sunday for various reasons.
I'm not saying being closed on Sunday is a sign of their bigotry; it's the Star of David hats.
I'm saying you pointing out that they are close on Sundays is showing your bigotry. The only reason to point that out is to "hint" that perhaps they are "Christian". Don't deny it. There is absolutely no other reason for your comment. None.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#614 Post by Bob Juch » Mon May 31, 2021 5:52 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 3:48 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:41 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:57 pm


No. Yours is. Lots of companies are closed on Sunday for various reasons.
I'm not saying being closed on Sunday is a sign of their bigotry; it's the Star of David hats.
I'm saying you pointing out that they are close on Sundays is showing your bigotry. The only reason to point that out is to "hint" that perhaps they are "Christian". Don't deny it. There is absolutely no other reason for your comment. None.
I'm pointing out they're bigoted hypocrites.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#615 Post by BackInTex » Mon May 31, 2021 6:57 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 5:52 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 3:48 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:41 pm

I'm not saying being closed on Sunday is a sign of their bigotry; it's the Star of David hats.
I'm saying you pointing out that they are close on Sundays is showing your bigotry. The only reason to point that out is to "hint" that perhaps they are "Christian". Don't deny it. There is absolutely no other reason for your comment. None.
I'm pointing out they're bigoted hypocrites.
Really? You know they are claiming to be Christian because....."closed on Sunday"? Like I said, lots of places close on Sunday for other than religious reasons. But that's O.K. You can both be bigots. It's not a closed club.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#616 Post by Bob Juch » Mon May 31, 2021 8:54 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 6:57 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 5:52 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 3:48 pm


I'm saying you pointing out that they are close on Sundays is showing your bigotry. The only reason to point that out is to "hint" that perhaps they are "Christian". Don't deny it. There is absolutely no other reason for your comment. None.
I'm pointing out they're bigoted hypocrites.
Really? You know they are claiming to be Christian because....."closed on Sunday"? Like I said, lots of places close on Sunday for other than religious reasons. But that's O.K. You can both be bigots. It's not a closed club.
What evidence do you have that the owner is not a Christian?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#617 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:49 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:54 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 6:57 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 5:52 pm

I'm pointing out they're bigoted hypocrites.
Really? You know they are claiming to be Christian because....."closed on Sunday"? Like I said, lots of places close on Sunday for other than religious reasons. But that's O.K. You can both be bigots. It's not a closed club.
What evidence do you have that the owner is not a Christian?
I don't know they are anything, or nothing. I didn't point out "they are closed on Sunday, FWIW". I didn't throw out a bigoted dig. You associate "closed on Sunday" with Christianity.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#618 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:35 am

The pandemic is not over:



And the rest of the story:

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/sta ... 29988?s=20

This deputy wasn't someone like Spock who's home on his farm and will probably be the only one to pay the price if he's wrong about COVID and the vaccine. Anyone who chooses to continue to put others at risk in a dangerous confined situation because of his political beliefs isn't deserving of much sympathy.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#619 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:58 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:43 pm
I postulated this months ago:

Mutation could make coronavirus more infectious, study suggests

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/health/c ... index.html

(CNN)Researchers in Florida say they believe they have shown that the new coronavirus has mutated in a way that makes it more easily infect human cells.

They say more research is needed to show whether the change has altered the course of the pandemic, but at least one researcher not involved in the study says it likely has, and the changes may explain why the virus has caused so many infections in the United States and Latin America.

It's a mutation that scientists have been worried about for weeks.
Note this was from almost a year ago. And now we have delta.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13223
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#620 Post by earendel » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:26 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:58 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:43 pm
I postulated this months ago:

Mutation could make coronavirus more infectious, study suggests

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/health/c ... index.html

(CNN)Researchers in Florida say they believe they have shown that the new coronavirus has mutated in a way that makes it more easily infect human cells.

They say more research is needed to show whether the change has altered the course of the pandemic, but at least one researcher not involved in the study says it likely has, and the changes may explain why the virus has caused so many infections in the United States and Latin America.

It's a mutation that scientists have been worried about for weeks.
Note this was from almost a year ago. And now we have delta.
And lambda, first identified in Peru.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#621 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:29 am

Natural selection at work yet again with the COVID virus. And these findings are based on admittedly small samples, not that this hasn't prevented anti-vaxers from jumping on the bandwagon of every snake oil remedy for COVID that's been suggested other than the vaccine. One question that the study does not answer is whether the virus, if present in the testes, can be transmitted through sexual activity even after the patient recovers. And it's not comforting to think that the virus may be lurking in various nooks and crannies of the bodies of "recovered" patients ready to flare up again.

COVID-19 — but not the vaccine — is a risk for male fertility
Dr. Ranjith Ramasamy 7/26/21 wrote:Contrary to myths circulating on social media, COVID-19 vaccines do not cause erectile dysfunction and male infertility. What is true: SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, poses a risk for both disorders.

Until now, little research has been done on how the virus or the vaccines affect the male reproductive system. But recent investigations by physicians and researchers here at the University of Miami have shed new light on these questions. The team, which includes me, has discovered potentially far-reaching implications for men of all ages – including younger and middle-aged men who want to have children. I am the director of the Reproductive Urology Program at the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine. My colleagues and I analyzed the autopsy tissues of the testicles of six men who died of COVID-19 infection.

The result: COVID-19 virus appeared in the tissues of one of the men; decreased numbers of sperm appeared in three. Another patient – this one survived COVID-19 – had a testis biopsy about three months after his initial COVID-19 infection cleared up. The biopsy showed the coronavirus was still in his testicles. Our team also discovered that COVID-19 affects the penis. An analysis of penile tissue from two men receiving penile implants showed the virus was present seven to nine months after their COVID-19 diagnosis. Both men had developed severe erectile dysfunction, probably because the infection caused reduced blood supply to the penis. Notably, one of the men had only mild COVID-19 symptoms. The other had been hospitalized. This suggests that even those with a relatively light case of the virus can experience severe erectile dysfunction after recovery.

These findings are not entirely surprising. After all, scientists know other viruses invade the testicles and affect sperm production and fertility. One example: Investigators studying testes tissues from six patients who died from the 2006 SARS-CoV virus found all of them had widespread cell destruction, with few to no sperm.

Additional research by my team brought welcome news. A study of 45 men showed the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines appear safe for the male reproductive system. This, then, is another reason to get the vaccinations – to preserve male fertility and sexual function. Granted, the research is only a first step on how COVID-19 might affect male sexual health; the samples were small. Studies should continue. Still, for men who have had COVID-19 and then experienced testicular pain, it is reasonable to consider that the virus has invaded testes tissue. Erectile dysfunction can be the result. Those men should see a urologist.

One reason for vaccine hesitancy is the perception among many that COVID-19 shots might affect male fertility. Our research shows the opposite. There is no evidence the vaccine harms a man’s reproductive system. But ignoring the vaccine and contracting COVID-19 very well could.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#622 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:13 am

Most Democrats and liberals have been supportive of tough vaccine and other COVID measures, but I've got to say I was dumbfounded at the tonedeafness displayed at this year's Emmy Awards. Attendees had to be fully vaccinated and have a negative COVID test before the show (I think it was in the last 24 hours but I'm not sure). Still, they were seated at large circular tables packed very close together. There was no attempt at social distancing and no masks in sight. The awards were presented in an air conditioned tent, but it seems to have been completely sealed, and there were several heavy chandeliers hanging from the "ceiling." Seth Rogen of all people was the only person to comment about this as he presented the night's first award.
Seth Rogen wrote:Good to be here at the Emmy Awards. Let me start by saying there is way too many of us in this little room. What are we doing? They said this was outdoors. It’s not. They lied to us. We’re in a hermetically sealed tent right now. I would not have come to this. Is it more important that we have three chandeliers than that we make sure we don’t kill Eugene Levy tonight? That is what has been decided. This is insane. I went from wiping my groceries to having Paul Bettany sneeze in my face. So, that’s a big week!
After Rogen's comments, crickets. Except for the right-wing media, which jumped all over the story and rightly so. People in movies and TV know that optics are important, and the optics for this event were horrible. Anyone watching doesn't know who has or has not been vaccinated or had a negative test. They do know who is sitting packed together like it's 2019 again without masks. This just reinforces the right's claims about how liberals have double standards (see, e.g., Gavin Newsom's dining fiasco). And at a time when we need to use every tool at our disposal to get people vaccinated and following other safety protocols. In the middle of this, in the most widely watched TV show of the night, Hollywood sent a big middle finger to the American public. Several of the award recipients mentioned being vaccinated and they did mention the COVID protocols in place but that's no substitute for what the home viewers had staring them in the face for three hours.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
jaybee
Posts: 1840
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#623 Post by jaybee » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:04 pm

I find myself on the fence for this one. Granted, any gathering of people in an enclosed space is caused for concern and for me personally - I do not think I would be comfortable in that kind of setting.

However: IF (a really big word there). IF they are really following and enforcing their guidelines then the room is full of either vaccinated people (with a possible but fairly small chance of carrying Covid) or people who have tested negative (with a virtually impossible chance of transmitting Covid at that time) then things SHOULD (another big word) be safe. These after all are the guidelines that came out last Spring and made sense to realistically get things moving again. A simple theory: If nobody in the room has Covid then nobody is going to get infected and it should be safe for all. If I knew that these guidelines were being followed and if I was up for an Emmy (Hahahahahaha) then I would probably go.

However #2: I don't think that there is any way that the above conditions were met - no proof of course, just being realistic. All that depends on how tightly things are being checked and how willing those going to the Emmys are to provide the proof needed of vaccine or test status. With a room full of big egos, lots of money and lots of power, some of them will slip through the net if they want to. All it takes are a few of the "I've already had Covid (even though I was never tested)" or the I've got my (fake) vaccine card right here along with a dose of "Do you realize who I am?" types and this changes from a contained safe environment to a tightly packed spreader event.

While the Emmys are a much smaller venue and a much more easily monitored event, these are the same makes-sense guidelines that were put in place last Spring (and promptly ignored by everyone). Which is why we have the shit-show that we have here in September 2021.

As for exposure - Yes, a big PR mistake. Even if it was totally safe there it's sending the wrong message.
Jaybee

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#624 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:09 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:13 am
Most Democrats and liberals have been supportive of tough vaccine and other COVID measures, but I've got to say I was dumbfounded at the tonedeafness displayed at this year's Emmy Awards. Attendees had to be fully vaccinated and have a negative COVID test before the show (I think it was in the last 24 hours but I'm not sure). Still, they were seated at large circular tables packed very close together. There was no attempt at social distancing and no masks in sight. The awards were presented in an air conditioned tent, but it seems to have been completely sealed, and there were several heavy chandeliers hanging from the "ceiling." Seth Rogen of all people was the only person to comment about this as he presented the night's first award.
Seth Rogen wrote:Good to be here at the Emmy Awards. Let me start by saying there is way too many of us in this little room. What are we doing? They said this was outdoors. It’s not. They lied to us. We’re in a hermetically sealed tent right now. I would not have come to this. Is it more important that we have three chandeliers than that we make sure we don’t kill Eugene Levy tonight? That is what has been decided. This is insane. I went from wiping my groceries to having Paul Bettany sneeze in my face. So, that’s a big week!
After Rogen's comments, crickets. Except for the right-wing media, which jumped all over the story and rightly so. People in movies and TV know that optics are important, and the optics for this event were horrible. Anyone watching doesn't know who has or has not been vaccinated or had a negative test. They do know who is sitting packed together like it's 2019 again without masks. This just reinforces the right's claims about how liberals have double standards (see, e.g., Gavin Newsom's dining fiasco). And at a time when we need to use every tool at our disposal to get people vaccinated and following other safety protocols. In the middle of this, in the most widely watched TV show of the night, Hollywood sent a big middle finger to the American public. Several of the award recipients mentioned being vaccinated and they did mention the COVID protocols in place but that's no substitute for what the home viewers had staring them in the face for three hours.
I'm sure it was safer than the cruise ships departing from Florida now. Covid fatigue is deadly.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#625 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:49 am

Last night, The Conners season premiere was live. At the end of the episode, they pulled the cameras back to show the studio audience. They were seated in bleachers like you'd see at a high school football game. There were about a half dozen rows of bleachers that ran the length of the stage across several sets. Everyone was masked (and vaccinated), but there wasn't any distancing. While the cameras were on the audience, the cast and crew got together on the living room set to hold up a sign dedicating the show to the memory of Norm McDonald (who was a writer on the show).
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Post Reply