Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#551 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Pence's former lead coronavirus task force aide slams Trump and endorses Biden in new video
A former top aide to Vice President Mike Pence assailed President Donald Trump's response to the pandemic in a new video Thursday, adding to the growing list of former Trump administration officials who have criticized the President and, in several cases, endorsed his Democratic opponent Joe Biden. Olivia Troye, who was a homeland security adviser to Pence and his lead staffer on the White House's Coronavirus Task Force, charged in the two-minute video that Trump failed to protect the American public because he only cared about himself and getting reelected. Troye's criticism is particularly striking because of her role working on the coronavirus task force, which Pence leads.

"Towards the middle of February, we knew it wasn't a matter of if Covid would become a big pandemic here, it was a matter of when," said Troye, who left the White House in late July. "But the President didn't want to hear that, because his biggest concern was that we were in an election year, and how was this going to affect what he considered to be his record of success?" At one coronavirus task force meeting, Troye claimed that Trump suggested "maybe this Covid thing is a good thing." "I don't like shaking hands with people. I don't have to shake hands with these disgusting people," Troye claimed Trump said at the meeting.
Here's the standard Flock/Spock/Trump response:

1) if unnamed sources say it, "fake news" or "no due process"

2) If named sources say it, "disgruntled" or "minor involvement only."

3) If Trump on tape or video says it, "he was misunderstood" or "he didn't want to panic the public."
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
jaybee
Posts: 1840
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#552 Post by jaybee » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:49 am

You forgot:

4). I was being sarcastic.

Or the latest (concerning the director of the CDC):

5). He was confused and did not understand the question - I talked to him. (Translation: Do it my way or I'll fire your ass)
Jaybee

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#553 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:44 am

Trump incorrectly claims that coronavirus affects ‘virtually’ no young people

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... pdates-us/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#554 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:07 pm

No matter what the CDC says, here’s why many scientists think the coronavirus is airborne.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate- ... -airborne/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20086
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#555 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:34 am

Senator Mike Lee tested positive. He met Tuesday with Judge Barrett. Neither wore masks. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#556 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:34 am
Senator Mike Lee tested positive. He met Tuesday with Judge Barrett. Neither wore masks. --Bob
Sen Thom Tillis of North Carolina who. like Trump, is in a tough re-election campaign, and, like Trump, is losing significantly, now has tested positive as well.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20086
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#557 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:34 am
Senator Mike Lee tested positive. He met Tuesday with Judge Barrett. Neither wore masks. --Bob
Sen Thom Tillis of North Carolina who. like Trump, is in a tough re-election campaign, and, like Trump, is losing significantly, now has tested positive as well.
That's going to prove inconvenient. Both Senator Lee and Senator Tillis sit on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which has 12 Republicans and 10 Democrats. And I don't think the Senate has made any provision to allow Senators to cast committee votes without being physically present. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13223
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#558 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:20 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:34 am
Senator Mike Lee tested positive. He met Tuesday with Judge Barrett. Neither wore masks. --Bob
Sen Thom Tillis of North Carolina who. like Trump, is in a tough re-election campaign, and, like Trump, is losing significantly, now has tested positive as well.
That's going to prove inconvenient. Both Senator Lee and Senator Tillis sit on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which has 12 Republicans and 10 Democrats. And I don't think the Senate has made any provision to allow Senators to cast committee votes without being physically present. --Bob
I heard that McConnell was going to have the infected senators sit in the gallery - physically present but distant from the others. He's determined to have the vote, no matter what.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20086
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#559 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:43 pm

The CDC was prepared to order passengers on all forms of public transportation, nationwide, to wear masks. Donny blocked the order. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#560 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:50 pm

Trump is holding an event at the White House tomorrow where upwards of 1,000 people will be on the lawn to hear him deliver a speech from the same balcony where he did his Il Duce pose.The topic will be law and order. This is such an unimaginably bad idea on so many levels that it boggles the mind, even for Trump. Event organizers claim that people will go through a COVID check before entering and will be required to have a mask with them, but I'd be surprised if even half the people at the event are actually wearing masks. Trump himself may be far enough from the crowd so that they can't catch whatever he's spewing out during his speech, but the same staff, workers, and security personnel who are part of the ongoing outbreak within the White House will be circulating around the guests.

As for the topic of Trump's speech, I doubt he will use the occasion to unequivocally condemn the white nationalist militia groups whose members were arrested yesterday. After all, he was so sympathetic to the Michigan governor today.

And after Spock gave us Bored liberals a lecture on how we aren't flexible, I'm curious how Trump's attitude in holding this event shows any flexibility on his part.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20086
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#561 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:48 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:39 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:28 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:04 pm
Let's wait and see if that's true. Do you agree that everyone should be on the same page to protect against this? Or make it another antiDonny bullet point? You're such a caring person.
I have every confidence that Donny will respond to the coronavirus almost as well as George W. Bush responded to Hurricane Katrina, and that Mike Pence will handle this crisis almost as well as he managed AIDS cases in Indiana. The evidence is clear that we can't count on Donny's government either to give us accurate information or to respond with so much as a modicum of competence. We're on our own here. And yes, I'm pissed off about it. --Bob
You're an idiot.
Revisiting the past. I was right that we could not count on Donny's government to give us accurate information. I was right that we could not count on Donny's government to respond with so much as a modicum of competence. I was right that, just as he did in Indiana, Vice President Pence prioritized ideology and politics over public health. And I was right that we were on our own. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20086
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#562 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:53 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:10 pm
Ok you echo chamber bubble drones. (You know who you are).

We all know the MSM never overhypes things.

Here's the CDC statistics for the common, everyday flu in the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Lets give it a month or two.
If the corona virus in the US is significantly higher with REAL statistics and not hype in the next few months, I will agree with you that you are right about all this chicken little stuff. And for your prize, if I live through it, I won't vote for trump.
If it fizzles out, and the media finds another thing to hype and drool over, then you admit to me that the MSM is NOT to be trusted. No if, ands, buts or whataboutisms. I'm not going to ask that you vote for trump, because even if you say you will, I know you won't. But finally, for God's sake, admit you're wrong about something. All of you. That'll be enough.
(Emphasis added.) I wonder whether flock will keep his promise here. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#563 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:51 pm

Mark Meadows 10/25/20 wrote:We are not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation areas,.. What we need to do is make sure that we have the proper mitigation factors, whether it's therapies or vaccines or treatments to make sure that people don't die from this.
Here's Mark Meadows doing his best Neville Chamberlain impression. Notably absent from his discussion of the measures to be taken include things like better education on mask wearing and social distancing from the top, mandates on public gatherings, improved testing and contact tracing. You know, the things they do in the countries that have done a better job of controlling the epidemic. And treatments and therapies will help, until the hospitals get overwhelmed, but they won't make sure that people don't die or suffer lifelong debilitating effects.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20086
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#564 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Ironically, the king of voter suppression, Governor Brian Kemp of Georgia, may not get to vote in tomorrow's election. He's in quarantine because he was exposed to Rep. Drew Ferguson, who tested positive. Governor Kemp requested an absentee ballot on Friday but it's unlikely to arrive in time, although if it gets to him by tomorrow he can walk it to a drop box. I don't know whether Georgia law permits Governor Kemp to designate someone to drop off his ballot for him so he can remain in quarantine. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#565 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:48 pm

It's been a while since this thread was updated, but the virus doesn't take a break for elections or post-election lawsuits:
Tennessee state Rep. David Byrd says barring a "miracle," he may soon be placed on a ventilator due to COVID-19. The Waynesboro Republican, who posted on Facebook Thursday to ask friends for prayers, was hospitalized over the weekend with pneumonia after testing positive for the coronavirus. "I really need a miracle today!!" Byrd wrote Thursday. "My doctor said if my oxygen level doesn't improve then he has no choice but to put me on a ventilator. So please pray that God will breathe His healing spirit into my lungs!!"

Byrd, 63, was among the nearly 70 House Republicans in attendance at a caucus meeting held in the House chamber Nov. 24, a week-and-a-half before he was hospitalized with the virus. He could be seen at one point on the House floor not wearing a mask. Days before that, he hosted a dinner for dozens of fellow caucus members at a restaurant in his district to kick off a multi-night House Republican retreat.

Several members from the House and Senate have contracted coronavirus in recent months. Byrd is at least the second House Republican to be hospitalized with the virus. Rep. Mike Carter, R-Ooltewah, reported in August that he was placed in the intensive care unit for a critical case of COVID-19. Byrd and Carter in June voted in support of a House resolution stating that "mainstream media has sensationalized the reporting on COVID-19 in the service of political agendas."
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/p ... 884037001/

If he'd only followed proper protocols instead of accusing people of sensationalizing the news about the virus, he might not need a miracle at this point.

In another political COVID story, the newly elected Republican Speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives died of COVID one week after being sworn into his new post. He had attended an indoor political caucus several days earlier at which a number of Republican representatives refused to wear masks.

Sadly, these cases won't serve as learning moments for the anti-maskers any more than the death of Herman Cain did.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#566 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:49 pm

A White House official who fell ill with Covid-19 in September is recovering after three months in the hospital, though he lost his right foot and lower leg in his battle against the virus, according to a friend. Crede Bailey, the director of the White House security office, was the most severely ill among dozens of Covid-19 cases known to be connected to the White House. Bailey’s family has asked the White House not to publicize his condition, and President Donald Trump has never publicly acknowledged his illness.

Bailey’s friends have raised more than $30,000 for his rehabilitation through a GoFundMe account. The White House declined to say whether Trump has contributed to the effort. “Crede beat COVID-19 but it came at a significant cost: his big toe on his left foot as well as his right foot and lower leg had to be amputated,” Dawn McCrobie, who organized the GoFundMe effort for Bailey, wrote Dec. 7. “His family has staggering medical bills from a hospital stay of 2+ months and still counting in the ICU and a long road ahead in rehab before he can go home,” McCrobie wrote Nov. 13, when she created the account. “When he does make it home there will be major changes necessary to deal with his new, and permanent, disability.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... riend-says

Another person, like Krox's daughter, that Spock dismisses as no big deal. This man will consider COVID a big deal the rest of his life, even though he isn't part of the "official" casualty toll. And his exposure probably owes a lot more to Donald Trump's attitude than most cases.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#567 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California is distributing 5,000 body bags mostly to the hard-hit Los Angeles and San Diego areas and has 60 refrigerated trailers standing by as makeshift morgues in anticipation of a surge of coronavirus deaths.

The precautions come from hospitalizations that now are double the summertime peak and threaten to soon overwhelm the hospital system. Gov. Gavin Newsom said Tuesday that the number of average daily deaths has quadrupled from a month ago.

The surge is forcing an urgent scramble for more staff and space, a crush that might not abate for two months despite the arrival of the first doses of vaccines this week.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#568 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Apparently, some people around the Trump White House have some common sense, their commander-in-chief not among them:
ewer than 70 people showed up to [Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's] indoor Christmas party after Pompeo invited 900 people. The event, hosted by the Secretary of State and his wife Susan at the State Department, was avoided by the majority of invitees after the celebrations prompted an outcry from public health officials. Current restrictions in Washington D.C. limits indoor gatherings to fewer than 10 people amid the rising number of coronavirus cases.

Public health officials and lawmakers warned that the party could be a 'superspreader event', two U.S. officials told The Washington Post. About 70 people sent an RSVP for the event but even fewer attended as a result. Two invitees said the celebration put the guests as well as staff at risk of contracting coronavirus, which has killed more than 310,000 people across the U.S. One woman, who is married to a diplomat serving abroad, declined to attend because if she got sick her children would have no one to care for them. 'It was a completely irresponsible party to throw,' she said.

Pompeo, who was supposed speak at the celebration, cancelled his speech, the officials said. He instead brought in a substitute speaker. It is not known whether the decision to cancel the speech was due to the health concerns surrounding the massive indoor reception. The party was for the family members of diplomats serving overseas who stay at home whilst their loved ones are posted abroad.

A Santa wearing a face mask was at the event to speak to the guests and refreshments including drinks and boxed meals were available, the officials said. A spokesman said officials 'plan to fully enforce social distancing measures at this reception, and face coverings are mandatory for admittance.' But photos of the festivities showed guests removing their masks to eat food at their tables. The event comes as the White House has hosted a series of holiday celebrations despite warnings against large gatherings.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... party.html

The reason Pompeo cancelled his speech turns out to be because he's now quarantining because he came in contact with someone who tested positive.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 10148
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#569 Post by Estonut » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:42 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm
Gov. Gavin Newsom said Tuesday that the number of average daily deaths has quadrupled from a month ago.
Gee Gavin, ya think that your own demonstation that your rules were not important enough to be followed may have had anything to do with this?

In related news, the signatures required to recall him were under 250k when I last posted about it. Now, thanks partly to his luxury dinner at the French Laundry, the number has more than tripled to over 750k, which is half the number needed to recall this clown. At the time, it was posted how bad the optics were for these people to spend a minimum of $350 per diner. I have since read that, in addition to that, the bar tab was $15,000. I don't know if that's for Gavin & his wife, or the whole party.

Since then, I've become aware of additional instances of really politically stupid, perhaps not illegal things that he has done:

He has robbed a fund created and designated by voters to be used to fix infrastructure and is applying the money to his own pet projects (Green New Deal, etc.). If this isn't illegal, it certainly should be.
Gov. Newsom would rather take gas-tax money for bike lanes than fix California’s roads

Under his watch, unemployment payments have been made in the name of prison inmates, including Scott Peterson, Cary Stayner and other notables, such as "John Doe" and "Poopy Britches." The amount of such fraud was first announced as around $140 million.

A week later, the LA Times revised the figure to $400 million:
California’s prisoner unemployment fraud now estimated at $400 million, officials say

Politico sets the figure at upwards of $1 billion:
California inmates part of $1B unemployment fraud schemes, prosecutors say

Here's another problem, Gav:
Companies part of group founded by CA governor collectively get nearly $3 million in PPP loans, data shows
They state, "In 2018, Gov. Newsom placed his ownership interests in the PlumpJack Group into a blind trust. This means he would have no knowledge or role in the company's business decisions made during his time in office." I'm sure it's just a coincidence that "his sister Hilary Newsom is listed as the company's President and Partner."

I'm sure there is more. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, buddy.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#570 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:32 pm

Estonut wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:42 pm
Under his watch, unemployment payments have been made in the name of prison inmates, including Scott Peterson, Cary Stayner and other notables, such as "John Doe" and "Poopy Britches." The amount of such fraud was first announced as around $140 million.

A week later, the LA Times revised the figure to $400 million:
California’s prisoner unemployment fraud now estimated at $400 million, officials say

Politico sets the figure at upwards of $1 billion:
California inmates part of $1B unemployment fraud schemes, prosecutors say
The $1 billion figure is nationwide, not just in California. And the figure now appears to be $8 billion rather than just $1 billion. The initial study into the problem was done by researchers from UCLA, so many of the anecdotes mentioned were from California. This article gives a bit more context to the problem:

https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en-us/po ... nce-fraud/
Moderator Jon Coss, vice-president of risk, fraud & compliance for Thomson Reuters’ Government unit, noted that during the eight months of the current public health emergency, states have been required to process more than 60 million new claims for unemployment benefits, as much as 10- to 15-times the typical volume of claims. This includes claims for self-employed individuals who are eligible for benefits for the first time under the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA). The increased volume of claims, the need to quickly process applications, and reduced verification requirements have created a situation that is primed for fraudsters to steal billions.

When asked what is different now compared with the start of the PUA, panelist Randy Gillespie, director of the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) Unemployment Insurance Integrity Center, said that early on “fraud was rampant” because states were handed a brand new program to administer, and it did not include the checks and balances necessary to keep fraud and waste in check. The PUA stripped away some protections against unemployment insurance fraud because individuals were permitted to self-certify their eligibility. Prior to the PUA, states could rely on quarterly wage reports and verify wages with employers.

Additionally, the earlier attacks were largely committed by international organized crime rings, Gillespie said, adding that although every state has implemented new protections and have gotten “much better” at preventing fraud, he is still hearing that there are “tens of thousands” of fraudulent claims every week. Panelist Lisa Schmith, CEO of Meridian Leadership Solutions, agreed that some states have made significant strides toward reducing unemployment insurance fraud and pointed to California’s identity verification program, ID.me, which has greatly reduced the number of fraudulent claims.
So what you really have is a program put together by the Trump administration without the proper anti-fraud safeguards in place. That's just part of the problem with waste and fraud in many of the coronavirus stimulus programs. To the extent that states are at fault, the problems seem to be in red states as well as blue states.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24247
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#571 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:52 am

Image
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19492
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#572 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:21 pm

It's truly amazing that Great Britain, Russia, and China were all able to develop and distribute vaccines earlier than the U.S. without the leadership of Donald Trump.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 10148
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#573 Post by Estonut » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:12 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:21 pm
It's truly amazing that Great Britain, Russia, and China were all able to develop and distribute vaccines earlier than the U.S. without the leadership of Donald Trump.
Misinformed much?
The U.K. is the first Western country to deliver a broadly tested and independently reviewed vaccine to the general public. The COVID-19 shot was developed by U.S. drugmaker Pfizer and Germany’s BioNTech. U.S. and European Union regulators may approve it in the coming days or weeks.
UK starts virus campaign with a shot watched round the world

So Great Britain has less stringent testing protocols (for the same vaccine) as the U.S.

As for any vaccine that Russia and/or China may have developed, I'll give you $1,000 if you take either one.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20086
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#574 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:08 am

Estonut wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:12 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:21 pm
It's truly amazing that Great Britain, Russia, and China were all able to develop and distribute vaccines earlier than the U.S. without the leadership of Donald Trump.
Misinformed much?
The U.K. is the first Western country to deliver a broadly tested and independently reviewed vaccine to the general public. The COVID-19 shot was developed by U.S. drugmaker Pfizer and Germany’s BioNTech. U.S. and European Union regulators may approve it in the coming days or weeks.
UK starts virus campaign with a shot watched round the world

So Great Britain has less stringent testing protocols (for the same vaccine) as the U.S.

As for any vaccine that Russia and/or China may have developed, I'll give you $1,000 if you take either one.
The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine was developed without the help of "Operation Warp Speed." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 10148
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#575 Post by Estonut » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:28 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:08 am
Estonut wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:12 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:21 pm
It's truly amazing that Great Britain, Russia, and China were all able to develop and distribute vaccines earlier than the U.S. without the leadership of Donald Trump.
Misinformed much?
The U.K. is the first Western country to deliver a broadly tested and independently reviewed vaccine to the general public. The COVID-19 shot was developed by U.S. drugmaker Pfizer and Germany’s BioNTech. U.S. and European Union regulators may approve it in the coming days or weeks.
UK starts virus campaign with a shot watched round the world

So Great Britain has less stringent testing protocols (for the same vaccine) as the U.S.

As for any vaccine that Russia and/or China may have developed, I'll give you $1,000 if you take either one.
The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine was developed without the help of "Operation Warp Speed."
Pfizer/BioNTech themselves disagree with your lie.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Post Reply