Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
Spock
Posts: 3568
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#676 Post by Spock » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:58 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:19 am
From an anti-vaxxer's twitter feed:
7/31/21 wrote:God bless Texas! If you're concerned or scared, YOU stay home. YOU order everything, have it delivered. YOU change your life and stay quarantined! The rest of us will go on about our business.
8/15/21 wrote:IF YOU CARED ABOUT YOUR NEXT BREATH, YOU'D GET OUT OF MY FACE TALKING ABOUT THAT DANG EXPERIMENTAL SHOT.
8/17/21 wrote:I will not water myself down to make me more digestible for you. You can choke.
9/14/21 wrote:Please pray for me and send good vibes. I've been admitted to ICU with COVID.
9/15/21 wrote:I'm to weak to answer calls, even all the txt. Please understand I'm very great full for all the prayers and concerns. It means the world. No real change, still struggling to breathe. I'm being pumped with as much oxygen as humanly possible. Just continue to pray please, I can use them. I'm struggling. I'm scared, I'm alone, I'm in so much pain
9/19/21 wrote:Sorry guys, not much to update going on day 7 in the hospital. They were able to lower my oxygen intake some, still struggling to breathe on my own. I'm fighting and trying so hard to get better. I miss my family, it's lonely and frustrating being inside the cold hospital walls. ... Please continue to pray for me and my family, this is one of the worst things I've ever experienced in my entire life.
From here on, the tweets were posted by this woman's mother. The woman wound up on dialysis and back on the ventilator. Leading up to:
10/13/21 wrote:With a heavy heart, I give everyone a sincere "THANK YOU" and inform you my beautiful daughter, [Name redacted], has passed away @9:41 this morning. She was a gorgeous light on the earth to so many.
https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAwar ... g_wed_all/
Just wondering if, to be fair, you guys scour the internet looking for reports of those injured by the vaccine or do you just swing one way.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24441
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#677 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Vandal wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:40 am
Green Bay Packers, Aaron Rodgers, Allen Lazard fined for COVID-19 protocol violations

The NFL's review of the Green Bay Packers' COVID-19 protocols was completed Tuesday, and a league source said the team was fined $300,000, while quarterback Aaron Rodgers and receiver Allen Lazard were each fined $14,650.

They were fined for violations of the protocols that were jointly agreed upon by the NFL and the NFL Players Association.

The source said the Packers' cooperation with the investigation was taken into consideration, but the team was warned that future violations could result in increased discipline, including possible change in draft position or loss of draft choice.

The violations included the unvaccinated Rodgers not wearing a mask during his news conferences and because the team did not report that Rodgers and Lazard attended a Halloween party, even though it was away from the team facility. By attending, Rodgers and Lazard violated the protocol that prevents unvaccinated players from gathering in groups of more than three, which was the reason for their fine. The amount of the players' fines were part of the jointly agreed upon fine schedule between the league and the players' union.

The investigation also included a review of video from inside the club facility and found a few isolated instances of Rodgers and Lazard failing to wear a mask in the facility. Other than those isolated incidents, the video showed no wide-spread or systemic mask-wearing violation, the source said.


https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/325 ... ource-says
Those fines amount to a slap on the wrist. 50 years ago that would have been significant. OHSA has the same situation.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24441
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#678 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:23 pm

Spock wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:58 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:19 am
From an anti-vaxxer's twitter feed:
7/31/21 wrote:God bless Texas! If you're concerned or scared, YOU stay home. YOU order everything, have it delivered. YOU change your life and stay quarantined! The rest of us will go on about our business.
8/15/21 wrote:IF YOU CARED ABOUT YOUR NEXT BREATH, YOU'D GET OUT OF MY FACE TALKING ABOUT THAT DANG EXPERIMENTAL SHOT.
8/17/21 wrote:I will not water myself down to make me more digestible for you. You can choke.
9/14/21 wrote:Please pray for me and send good vibes. I've been admitted to ICU with COVID.
9/15/21 wrote:I'm to weak to answer calls, even all the txt. Please understand I'm very great full for all the prayers and concerns. It means the world. No real change, still struggling to breathe. I'm being pumped with as much oxygen as humanly possible. Just continue to pray please, I can use them. I'm struggling. I'm scared, I'm alone, I'm in so much pain
9/19/21 wrote:Sorry guys, not much to update going on day 7 in the hospital. They were able to lower my oxygen intake some, still struggling to breathe on my own. I'm fighting and trying so hard to get better. I miss my family, it's lonely and frustrating being inside the cold hospital walls. ... Please continue to pray for me and my family, this is one of the worst things I've ever experienced in my entire life.
From here on, the tweets were posted by this woman's mother. The woman wound up on dialysis and back on the ventilator. Leading up to:
10/13/21 wrote:With a heavy heart, I give everyone a sincere "THANK YOU" and inform you my beautiful daughter, [Name redacted], has passed away @9:41 this morning. She was a gorgeous light on the earth to so many.
https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAwar ... g_wed_all/
Just wondering if, to be fair, you guys scour the internet looking for reports of those injured by the vaccine or do you just swing one way.
I've seen reports about a few myocarditis cases. Nothing more.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

A Non E. Muss
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#679 Post by A Non E. Muss » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:26 am

Spock wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:58 am
Just wondering if, to be fair, you guys scour the internet looking for reports of those injured by the vaccine or do you just swing one way.
You're a retard. Then again, you are a Trump supporter, so it's not that shocking. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20231
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#680 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:53 am

A Non E. Muss wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:26 am
[Something political.]
In honor of christie111 and silvercamaro, we're trying to discourage and avoid political posts on 11/11. Would you mind deleting your post and waiting until tomorrow? Thanks. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

A Non E. Muss
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#681 Post by A Non E. Muss » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:22 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:53 am
A Non E. Muss wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:26 am
[Something political.]
In honor of christie111 and silvercamaro, we're trying to discourage and avoid political posts on 11/11. Would you mind deleting your post and waiting until tomorrow? Thanks. --Bob
No.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19749
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#682 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:15 pm

After going nearly the entire season without any postponements or reschedulings, the NFL today rescheduled three Sunday games for later in the week due to COVID outbreaks. The Raiders will play at Cleveland Monday at 5, with the game televised on ESPN, followed by the regular Monday night game between Minnesota and Chicago. Seattle-LA Rams and Washington-Philadelphia will play Tuesday at 7, with both games on Fox. Presumably this will be a split national schedule. The Raiders were upset by the rescheduling because of the NFL pre-season mandate that teams would have to forfeit fames in the event of postponements. Cleveland has 24 players who have either tested positive or are on the COVID list. I'm not sure how much one more day is going to help. The Rams have 29 players on the COVID list and Washington has 23, including their top two quarterbacks.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19749
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#683 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:28 am

First confirmed US death related to Omicron variant was unvaccinated and had been infected before
A Texas man, whose death was the first confirmed Omicron-related in the US, was unvaccinated and had previously been infected with the coronavirus, according to a press release from Harris County Public Health. "The individual was at higher risk of severe complications from Covid-19 due to his unvaccinated status and had underlying health conditions," the release said. County Judge Lina Hidalgo announced the death on Monday, saying the man was in his 50s. The case is the first known confirmed Omicron-related death in the US.
I guess that Spock's natural immunity doesn't work in Texas.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#684 Post by Weyoun » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:53 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:28 am
First confirmed US death related to Omicron variant was unvaccinated and had been infected before
A Texas man, whose death was the first confirmed Omicron-related in the US, was unvaccinated and had previously been infected with the coronavirus, according to a press release from Harris County Public Health. "The individual was at higher risk of severe complications from Covid-19 due to his unvaccinated status and had underlying health conditions," the release said. County Judge Lina Hidalgo announced the death on Monday, saying the man was in his 50s. The case is the first known confirmed Omicron-related death in the US.
I guess that Spock's natural immunity doesn't work in Texas.
The usual retort from folks of Spock’s mindset is that “that person was probably fat and I am not.”

Doesn’t make it less tragic. Doesn’t mean there is no strain on hospital resources.

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7501
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#685 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:53 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:28 am
First confirmed US death related to Omicron variant was unvaccinated and had been infected before
A Texas man, whose death was the first confirmed Omicron-related in the US, was unvaccinated and had previously been infected with the coronavirus, according to a press release from Harris County Public Health. "The individual was at higher risk of severe complications from Covid-19 due to his unvaccinated status and had underlying health conditions," the release said. County Judge Lina Hidalgo announced the death on Monday, saying the man was in his 50s. The case is the first known confirmed Omicron-related death in the US.
I guess that Spock's natural immunity doesn't work in Texas.
The usual retort from folks of Spock’s mindset is that “that person was probably fat and I am not.”

Doesn’t make it less tragic. Doesn’t mean there is no strain on hospital resources.
I bet you're a blast at parties. Do you wear a turban and carry a crystal ball?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24441
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#686 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:16 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:50 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:53 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:28 am
First confirmed US death related to Omicron variant was unvaccinated and had been infected before



I guess that Spock's natural immunity doesn't work in Texas.
The usual retort from folks of Spock’s mindset is that “that person was probably fat and I am not.”

Doesn’t make it less tragic. Doesn’t mean there is no strain on hospital resources.
I bet you're a blast at parties. Do you wear a turban and carry a crystal ball?
Do you mean like Estoass does to know who's my friend or not?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11519
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#687 Post by BackInTex » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:34 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:53 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:28 am
First confirmed US death related to Omicron variant was unvaccinated and had been infected before
A Texas man, whose death was the first confirmed Omicron-related in the US, was unvaccinated and had previously been infected with the coronavirus, according to a press release from Harris County Public Health. "The individual was at higher risk of severe complications from Covid-19 due to his unvaccinated status and had underlying health conditions," the release said. County Judge Lina Hidalgo announced the death on Monday, saying the man was in his 50s. The case is the first known confirmed Omicron-related death in the US.
I guess that Spock's natural immunity doesn't work in Texas.
The usual retort from folks of Spock’s mindset is that “that person was probably fat and I am not.”

Doesn’t make it less tragic. Doesn’t mean there is no strain on hospital resources.
Funny, but the only retort was from a leftist about what a right-winger might retort, but they didn't. smh You're becoming SSS. Yeah, I'm sure you're not a leftist, but you post like one.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19749
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#688 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:00 am

Unvaxxed Glenn Beck says he has Covid-19 again
Right-wing talk radio personality Glenn Beck on Wednesday said he has contracted Covid-19 for the second time and complained about the disease’s effect on his lungs.“It’s starting to go into my lungs today and a little disturbing. I’m on all the medications and treatments and everything else, so ... it’s all good,” Mr Beck said during an appearance on Mark Levin’s daily radio show.

[Levin] asked Mr Beck if he was using a monoclonal antibody treatment. Monoclonal antibodies have been shown to have some effectiveness against some variants of Sars-CoV-2, but have been less successful against the Omicron variant that is currently racing through the US population. Mr Beck said the antibody treatment “doesn’t seem to be working” in his case, but he added that he is taking Ivermectin, an anti parasite drug popular in right-wing, anti-vaccine circles that has no proven effect against Covid-19.
I'm biting my tongue and my typing fingers but I won't comment further.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11519
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#689 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:28 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:00 am
Unvaxxed Glenn Beck says he has Covid-19 again
Right-wing talk radio personality Glenn Beck on Wednesday said he has contracted Covid-19 for the second time and complained about the disease’s effect on his lungs.“It’s starting to go into my lungs today and a little disturbing. I’m on all the medications and treatments and everything else, so ... it’s all good,” Mr Beck said during an appearance on Mark Levin’s daily radio show.

[Levin] asked Mr Beck if he was using a monoclonal antibody treatment. Monoclonal antibodies have been shown to have some effectiveness against some variants of Sars-CoV-2, but have been less successful against the Omicron variant that is currently racing through the US population. Mr Beck said the antibody treatment “doesn’t seem to be working” in his case, but he added that he is taking Ivermectin, an anti parasite drug popular in right-wing, anti-vaccine circles that has no proven effect against Covid-19.
I'm biting my tongue and my typing fingers but I won't comment further.
because no one who is vaccinated has contracted Covid? or contracted it a second time? why are you having to bite your fingers?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19749
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#690 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:07 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:28 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:00 am
I'm biting my tongue and my typing fingers but I won't comment further.
because no one who is vaccinated has contracted Covid? or contracted it a second time? why are you having to bite your fingers?
Covid spreading to the lungs is a bad sign, as is Beck's admission that the disease hasn't responded to monoclonal antibodies. Preliminary data shows that the Omicron variant does less damage to the lungs than earlier variants, but this is a precursor of virtually all the hospitalizations and deaths from the disease. From WebMD:
About 14% of COVID-19 cases are severe, with an infection that affects both lungs. As the swelling gets worse, your lungs fill with fluid and debris. You might also have more serious pneumonia. The air sacs fill with mucus, fluid, and other cells that are trying to fight the infection. This can make it harder for your body to take in oxygen. You may have trouble breathing or feel short of breath. You may also breathe faster. If your doctor takes a CT scan of your chest, the opaque spots in your lungs look like they start to connect to each other.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19749
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#691 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:25 pm

QAnon Star Who Said Only ‘Idiots’ Get Vax Dies of COVID
A leading QAnon promoter who urged both her followers and strangers she passed on the street not to take the COVID vaccine died Thursday of the coronavirus, making her just the latest vaccine opponent killed by the disease. Cirsten Weldon had amassed tens of thousands of followers across right-wing social media networks by promoting the pro-Trump QAnon conspiracy under the screenname “CirstenW.” She was prominent enough to become a sort of QAnon interpreter for comedian conspiracy theorist Roseanne Barr and started recording videos about QAnon with her.

Weldon focused on attacking vaccines and other efforts to fight COVID-19, saying in one video that Dr. Anthony Fauci “needs to be hung from a rope.” She claimed the vaccine killed people and even recorded herself yelling at people standing in line to receive vaccines. “The vaccines kill, don’t get it!” Weldon warned the waiting vaccine recipients in an undated video posted to one of her online accounts. “This is how gullible these idiots are. They’re all getting vaccine!”

n late December, however, Weldon started showing symptoms of coronavirus infection. In her last video, posted on Dec. 28, Weldon struggled through her remarks about the coming overthrow of the United States government, coughing and complaining that she was exhausted. Three days later, Weldon was hospitalized in Camarillo, California. She posted a picture of herself wearing an oxygen mask to Instagram and claimed she had “bacterial pneumonia.” Weldon wrote in a post on the social media network Telegram that she refused to take coronavirus treatment remdesivir, calling it “Dr Fauci’s Resmedervir (sic).”

Weldon’s death from COVID is just the latest instance of a far-right personality who opposed vaccination being killed by the virus. On Jan. 3, radio host Doug Kuzma died while infected with the coronavirus. One of Weldon's last public appearances was on Kuzma's podcast. Kuzma—who was an outspoken critic of the COVID-19 vaccine—contracted the disease after attending a QAnon-friendly gathering in Texas that right-wingers baselessly claimed was the victim of an anthrax attack.

Kuzma, who hosted a program on the far-right “Frog News Network” and called his listeners “froganites,” had come down with COVID-19 after attending the right-wing “ReAwaken America Tour” gathering held in Texas in mid-December. Friends of Kuzma told The Daily Beast that Kuzma had fallen ill following the event and was later admitted to the hospital, causing many of his loyal allies to lose touch with him. Rumors had begun circulating after the ReAwaken America Tour event around a baseless theory that attendees were victims of a “bioweapons” attack stemming from anthrax being pumped through fog machines—not the deadly virus that has been sweeping the globe for the last 18 months. [Event organizer Clay Clark] has denied the anthrax rumors and insisted in an interview with The Daily Beast: “There was not anthrax through the fog machines!”
It's just the start of the year, but competition for the 2022 Herman Cain Award is going to be fierce.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19749
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#692 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:54 am

WI State Representative Treig Pronschinske (R) wrote:So you ask what are we going to do to stop the spread of the pandemic, and, you know, you can’t see the virus. You can’t see anything. How are you going do it? How can you stop it? How? You physically cannot see the virus. You don’t know if it’s in this room or it’s outside or if it even exists right now in here. You have no clue. How are you going to stop that?
During the state legislature debate on a bill prohibiting employers from requiring proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Interesting how the same Republicans who complain about any regulation of businesses are in favor of this bill.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 10201
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#693 Post by Estonut » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:29 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:54 am
WI State Representative Treig Pronschinske (R) wrote:So you ask what are we going to do to stop the spread of the pandemic, and, you know, you can’t see the virus. You can’t see anything. How are you going do it? How can you stop it? How? You physically cannot see the virus. You don’t know if it’s in this room or it’s outside or if it even exists right now in here. You have no clue. How are you going to stop that?
During the state legislature debate on a bill prohibiting employers from requiring proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Interesting how the same Republicans who complain about any regulation of businesses are in favor of this bill.
You said this bill prohibits a particular regulation of businesses. Why is it interesting that "the same Republicans who complain about any regulation of businesses are in favor of this bill?"
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19749
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#694 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:15 am

Estonut wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:29 am
You said this bill prohibits a particular regulation of businesses. Why is it interesting that "the same Republicans who complain about any regulation of businesses are in favor of this bill?"
The bill prohibits employers from establishing their own work rules. I didn't say it prohibited regulation of business. Instead, it regulates businesses. It's the same as if the state prohibited employers from enforcing a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy in the name of "customer freedom."
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11519
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#695 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:33 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:15 am
Estonut wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:29 am
You said this bill prohibits a particular regulation of businesses. Why is it interesting that "the same Republicans who complain about any regulation of businesses are in favor of this bill?"
The bill prohibits employers from establishing their own work rules. I didn't say it prohibited regulation of business. Instead, it regulates businesses. It's the same as if the state prohibited employers from enforcing a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy in the name of "customer freedom."
Far from it. If someone could be vaccinated while at work, but when not at work or when the resign they are not longer vaccinated, then perhaps you’d be making sense. Perhaps, but not likely.

The vaccine is a permanent, 24x7, and long lasting thing. That is probably why the SC ruled agains the mandate. Wearing a mask? Sure,require it while at work if you want.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24441
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#696 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:58 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:33 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:15 am
Estonut wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:29 am
You said this bill prohibits a particular regulation of businesses. Why is it interesting that "the same Republicans who complain about any regulation of businesses are in favor of this bill?"
The bill prohibits employers from establishing their own work rules. I didn't say it prohibited regulation of business. Instead, it regulates businesses. It's the same as if the state prohibited employers from enforcing a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy in the name of "customer freedom."
Far from it. If someone could be vaccinated while at work, but when not at work or when the resign they are not longer vaccinated, then perhaps you’d be making sense. Perhaps, but not likely.

The vaccine is a permanent, 24x7, and long lasting thing. That is probably why the SC ruled agains the mandate. Wearing a mask? Sure,require it while at work if you want.
The vaccine is not permanent. We'll require boosters every six months for the rest of our lives.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11519
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#697 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:21 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:58 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:33 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:15 am


The bill prohibits employers from establishing their own work rules. I didn't say it prohibited regulation of business. Instead, it regulates businesses. It's the same as if the state prohibited employers from enforcing a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy in the name of "customer freedom."
Far from it. If someone could be vaccinated while at work, but when not at work or when the resign they are not longer vaccinated, then perhaps you’d be making sense. Perhaps, but not likely.

The vaccine is a permanent, 24x7, and long lasting thing. That is probably why the SC ruled agains the mandate. Wearing a mask? Sure,require it while at work if you want.
The vaccine is not permanent. We'll require boosters every six months for the rest of our lives.
LOL. The only reasons you’ll need boosters are for variants and earnings per share. The instructions from vaccine will always be there.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24441
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#698 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:27 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:21 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:58 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:33 pm


Far from it. If someone could be vaccinated while at work, but when not at work or when the resign they are not longer vaccinated, then perhaps you’d be making sense. Perhaps, but not likely.

The vaccine is a permanent, 24x7, and long lasting thing. That is probably why the SC ruled agains the mandate. Wearing a mask? Sure,require it while at work if you want.
The vaccine is not permanent. We'll require boosters every six months for the rest of our lives.
LOL. The only reasons you’ll need boosters are for variants and earnings per share. The instructions from vaccine will always be there.
No, the antibodies decline rather quickly.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19749
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#699 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:37 am

Donald Trump 1/15/22 wrote:If you’re white, you don’t get the vaccine or if you’re white you don’t get therapeutics .. In NY state, if you’re white, you go to the back of the line if you want help.
Race baiting is alive and well in Arizona where Trump delivered that speech with his usual handpicked group of "Blacks for Trump" sitting directly behind him for the photo op.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7501
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#700 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:12 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:37 am
Donald Trump 1/15/22 wrote:If you’re white, you don’t get the vaccine or if you’re white you don’t get therapeutics .. In NY state, if you’re white, you go to the back of the line if you want help.
Race baiting is alive and well in Arizona where Trump delivered that speech with his usual handpicked group of "Blacks for Trump" sitting directly behind him for the photo op.
Just letting nature take it's course.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

Post Reply