Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#51 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:00 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:51 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:36 pm
I'm saying that I believe this illness will not approach the levels of the every day common flu does every year in the US, either in number of cases or in deaths. And if I'm right, then it's obvious that the media is over-hyping it and getting susceptible people (and countries) into a panic, because that's what they do.
That's Monday morning quarterbacking. First, I agree that the media overhypes everything: that's what they do. Turn on the 11:00 news in Atlanta and half the time it will be a breaking story about someone getting killed. Is that the most important news event in Atlanta all day? Of course not, but if it bleeds it leads. The media will promote the daylights out of coronavirus stories because they get ratings. But that's not Trump or liberal bias, which you keep claiming and Trump keeps harping on. And by trying to pass this off as a liberal media attack, people run the risk of downplaying this too much. You're the one who keeps saying that this is some type of anti-Trump media conspiracy.
Damn it, do you not have one functioning brain cell?

I am the one talking about the media coverage and how it's panicking every one. YOU and your batphone are the one who keeps bringing up trump. YOU and your batphone are the ones using this over-hype as a political weapon. My challenge had to do with trust in the media, if you cared to read it. I want you to admit that if I'm right, the media can't be trusted to report unbiased facts, and will go instead for what they think will get them the most viewers. YOU brought in trump!!! YOU are weaponizing it. Here is my original post.
Ok you echo chamber bubble drones. (You know who you are).

We all know the MSM never overhypes things.

Here's the CDC statistics for the common, everyday flu in the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Lets give it a month or two.
If the corona virus in the US is significantly higher with REAL statistics and not hype in the next few months, I will agree with you that you are right about all this chicken little stuff. And for your prize, if I live through it, I won't vote for trump.
If it fizzles out, and the media finds another thing to hype and drool over, then you admit to me that the MSM is NOT to be trusted. No if, ands, buts or whataboutisms. I'm not going to ask that you vote for trump, because even if you say you will, I know you won't. But finally, for God's sake, admit you're wrong about something. All of you. That'll be enough.
Would you put aside your obsession????????
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#52 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:51 pm

Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:00 pm
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:51 pm
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:36 pm
I'm saying that I believe this illness will not approach the levels of the every day common flu does every year in the US, either in number of cases or in deaths. And if I'm right, then it's obvious that the media is over-hyping it and getting susceptible people (and countries) into a panic, because that's what they do.
That's Monday morning quarterbacking. First, I agree that the media overhypes everything: that's what they do. Turn on the 11:00 news in Atlanta and half the time it will be a breaking story about someone getting killed. Is that the most important news event in Atlanta all day? Of course not, but if it bleeds it leads. The media will promote the daylights out of coronavirus stories because they get ratings. But that's not Trump or liberal bias, which you keep claiming and Trump keeps harping on. And by trying to pass this off as a liberal media attack, people run the risk of downplaying this too much. You're the one who keeps saying that this is some type of anti-Trump media conspiracy.
Damn it, do you not have one functioning brain cell?

I am the one talking about the media coverage and how it's panicking every one. YOU and your batphone are the one who keeps bringing up trump. YOU and your batphone are the ones using this over-hype as a political weapon. My challenge had to do with trust in the media, if you cared to read it. I want you to admit that if I'm right, the media can't be trusted to report unbiased facts, and will go instead for what they think will get them the most viewers. YOU brought in trump!!! YOU are weaponizing it. Here is my original post.
Ok you echo chamber bubble drones. (You know who you are).

We all know the MSM never overhypes things.

Here's the CDC statistics for the common, everyday flu in the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Lets give it a month or two.
If the corona virus in the US is significantly higher with REAL statistics and not hype in the next few months, I will agree with you that you are right about all this chicken little stuff. And for your prize, if I live through it, I won't vote for trump.
If it fizzles out, and the media finds another thing to hype and drool over, then you admit to me that the MSM is NOT to be trusted. No if, ands, buts or whataboutisms. I'm not going to ask that you vote for trump, because even if you say you will, I know you won't. But finally, for God's sake, admit you're wrong about something. All of you. That'll be enough.
Would you put aside your obsession????????
Will you put aside your dezinformatsiya?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#53 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:27 am

Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:01 am
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:43 pm
You know this is overhyped and is being weaponized against trump. Your main response has been to blame trump for things that haven't happened.
Donald Trump on Sean Hannity show 3/4/20 wrote:Well, I think the 3.4% is really a false number. Now, this is just my hunch, and … But based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people who do this … Because a lot of people will have this, and it’s very mild. Uh, they’ll get better very rapidly, they don’t even see a doctor, they don’t even call a doctor. You never hear about those people, so you, uh, you can’t put them down in the category of the overall population in terms of this, uh, corona flu. If we have, you know, thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work—some of them go to work—but they get better. And then when you do have a death, like you’ve had in the state of Washington, and like you had one in California, I believe you had one in New York, you know, uh, all of a sudden it seems like 3 or 4%, which is a very high number, as opposed to … as opposed to a fraction of 1%
So, per Trump, if you've got coronavirus, you'll get better, go on to work.
Do you think he gave that same advice to, say, his own Chief of Staff? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Vandal
Director of Promos

#54 Post by Vandal » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:40 pm

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#55 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:19 am

The CDC wanted to recommend that seniors and other vulnerable individuals avoid flying. The White House scotched the recommendation.

This is incompetence leading directly to blood, American blood, on Donny's hands. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#56 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:44 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:19 am
The CDC wanted to recommend that seniors and other vulnerable individuals avoid flying. The White House scotched the recommendation.

This is incompetence leading directly to blood, American blood, on Donny's hands. --Bob
No it isn't. Get a grip.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Vandal
Director of Promos

#57 Post by Vandal » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:49 pm

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#58 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:08 pm

Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:44 am
Bob78164 wrote:

No it isn't. Get a grip.
Sticking your fingers in your ears and singing "la la la" at the top of your lungs will neither prevent the spread of the virus nor excuse Donny's incompetence in crippling the federal government's efforts to prevent the outbreak in the first instance and the slowing its spread. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#59 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:32 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:08 pm
Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:44 am
Bob78164 wrote:

No it isn't. Get a grip.
Sticking your fingers in your ears and singing "la la la" at the top of your lungs will neither prevent the spread of the virus nor excuse Donny's incompetence in crippling the federal government's efforts to prevent the outbreak in the first instance and the slowing its spread. --Bob
Neither will jumping up and down screaming and pointing fingers. Get a grip.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#60 Post by Vandal » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:41 am

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

silverscreenselect

#61 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:52 am

Well, there's at least some good news coming out about the coronavirus. Sen. Ted Cruz and Rep. Paul Gosar has decided to self-quarantine after they may have been exposed to the virus while at the CPAC (Conservative Political Action Committee) recently. While I wouldn't wish actually contracting the virus on them, anything that gets two Republicans away from the public for a period of time has to be good news. And if somehow significant numbers of attendees at this conference do contract the virus, you'll see the administration's song and dance change very quickly.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/ted-cruz- ... d=69476552
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#62 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:57 am

Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:52 am
Well, there's at least some good news coming out about the coronavirus. Sen. Ted Cruz and Rep. Paul Gosar has decided to self-quarantine after they may have been exposed to the virus while at the CPAC (Conservative Political Action Committee) recently. While I wouldn't wish actually contracting the virus on them, anything that gets two Republicans away from the public for a period of time has to be good news.

So good of you to share this important news with us and adding your objective and pertinent analysis.

Bob Juch

#63 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:52 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#64 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:20 pm

Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:52 am
Well, there's at least some good news coming out about the coronavirus. Sen. Ted Cruz and Rep. Paul Gosar has decided to self-quarantine after they may have been exposed to the virus while at the CPAC (Conservative Political Action Committee) recently. While I wouldn't wish actually contracting the virus on them, anything that gets two Republicans away from the public for a period of time has to be good news. And if somehow significant numbers of attendees at this conference do contract the virus, you'll see the administration's song and dance change very quickly.

Add Georgia Congressman Doug Collins to the list of those in self-quarantine.

jarnon

#65 Post by jarnon » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:24 pm

Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:20 pm
Add Georgia Congressman Doug Collins to the list of those in self-quarantine.
He closed the barn door too late.

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#66 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Matt Gaetz, who also is now self-quarantining, was on Air Force One with Donny earlier today. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#67 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:20 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:57 pm
Matt Gaetz, who also is now self-quarantining, was on Air Force One with Donny earlier today. --Bob
I guess his earlier security precautions didn't do him any good:

Bob Juch

#68 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Add Rep. Julia Brownley (D-Calif.) who met with an infected person.

Bob Juch

#69 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
I'm glad he went out of his way to try and infect trump.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#70 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:55 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Knock it off, Bob. Please. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#71 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:00 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:55 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Wow.

flockofseagulls104

#72 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:50 am

Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:00 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:55 pm
Bob Juch wrote:

Wow.
I am not disagreeing with you, but perhaps you can more understand when I requested some people to refrain in the past and you got upset.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#73 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:29 am

The Administration ordered every immigration court in the country to TAKE DOWN posters issued by the CDC explaining how to stop the spread of coronavirus. Four hours after the press published the story, they changed their mind. --Bob

Bob Juch

#74 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:19 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:29 am
The Administration ordered every immigration court in the country to TAKE DOWN posters issued by the CDC explaining how to stop the spread of coronavirus. Four hours after the press published the story, they changed their mind. --Bob
I'm waiting for them to open camps to isolate immigrants from the general population.

flockofseagulls104

#75 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:58 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:29 am
If you don't think crap like this happened in the obama admin or any other admin, you are crazy. The only difference now is there are thousands of 'journalists' now who are chomping at the bit to report or make up stuff like this. And millions of people like you who feel the need to share it with people like me who couldn't give a shit.