Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#551 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Pence's former lead coronavirus task force aide slams Trump and endorses Biden in new video
A former top aide to Vice President Mike Pence assailed President Donald Trump's response to the pandemic in a new video Thursday, adding to the growing list of former Trump administration officials who have criticized the President and, in several cases, endorsed his Democratic opponent Joe Biden. Olivia Troye, who was a homeland security adviser to Pence and his lead staffer on the White House's Coronavirus Task Force, charged in the two-minute video that Trump failed to protect the American public because he only cared about himself and getting reelected. Troye's criticism is particularly striking because of her role working on the coronavirus task force, which Pence leads.

"Towards the middle of February, we knew it wasn't a matter of if Covid would become a big pandemic here, it was a matter of when," said Troye, who left the White House in late July. "But the President didn't want to hear that, because his biggest concern was that we were in an election year, and how was this going to affect what he considered to be his record of success?" At one coronavirus task force meeting, Troye claimed that Trump suggested "maybe this Covid thing is a good thing." "I don't like shaking hands with people. I don't have to shake hands with these disgusting people," Troye claimed Trump said at the meeting.
Here's the standard Flock/Spock/Trump response:

1) if unnamed sources say it, "fake news" or "no due process"

2) If named sources say it, "disgruntled" or "minor involvement only."

3) If Trump on tape or video says it, "he was misunderstood" or "he didn't want to panic the public."
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jaybee

#552 Post by jaybee » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:49 am

You forgot:

4). I was being sarcastic.

Or the latest (concerning the director of the CDC):

5). He was confused and did not understand the question - I talked to him. (Translation: Do it my way or I'll fire your ass)
Jaybee

Bob Juch

#553 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:44 am

Trump incorrectly claims that coronavirus affects ‘virtually’ no young people

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... pdates-us/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#554 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:07 pm

No matter what the CDC says, here’s why many scientists think the coronavirus is airborne.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate- ... -airborne/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#555 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:34 am

Senator Mike Lee tested positive. He met Tuesday with Judge Barrett. Neither wore masks. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#556 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:34 am
Senator Mike Lee tested positive. He met Tuesday with Judge Barrett. Neither wore masks. --Bob
Sen Thom Tillis of North Carolina who. like Trump, is in a tough re-election campaign, and, like Trump, is losing significantly, now has tested positive as well.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#557 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Sen Thom Tillis of North Carolina who. like Trump, is in a tough re-election campaign, and, like Trump, is losing significantly, now has tested positive as well.
That's going to prove inconvenient. Both Senator Lee and Senator Tillis sit on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which has 12 Republicans and 10 Democrats. And I don't think the Senate has made any provision to allow Senators to cast committee votes without being physically present. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#558 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:20 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
That's going to prove inconvenient. Both Senator Lee and Senator Tillis sit on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which has 12 Republicans and 10 Democrats. And I don't think the Senate has made any provision to allow Senators to cast committee votes without being physically present. --Bob
I heard that McConnell was going to have the infected senators sit in the gallery - physically present but distant from the others. He's determined to have the vote, no matter what.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#559 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:43 pm

The CDC was prepared to order passengers on all forms of public transportation, nationwide, to wear masks. Donny blocked the order. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#560 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:50 pm

Trump is holding an event at the White House tomorrow where upwards of 1,000 people will be on the lawn to hear him deliver a speech from the same balcony where he did his Il Duce pose.The topic will be law and order. This is such an unimaginably bad idea on so many levels that it boggles the mind, even for Trump. Event organizers claim that people will go through a COVID check before entering and will be required to have a mask with them, but I'd be surprised if even half the people at the event are actually wearing masks. Trump himself may be far enough from the crowd so that they can't catch whatever he's spewing out during his speech, but the same staff, workers, and security personnel who are part of the ongoing outbreak within the White House will be circulating around the guests.

As for the topic of Trump's speech, I doubt he will use the occasion to unequivocally condemn the white nationalist militia groups whose members were arrested yesterday. After all, he was so sympathetic to the Michigan governor today.

And after Spock gave us Bored liberals a lecture on how we aren't flexible, I'm curious how Trump's attitude in holding this event shows any flexibility on his part.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#561 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:48 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:39 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:28 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:04 pm
Let's wait and see if that's true. Do you agree that everyone should be on the same page to protect against this? Or make it another antiDonny bullet point? You're such a caring person.
I have every confidence that Donny will respond to the coronavirus almost as well as George W. Bush responded to Hurricane Katrina, and that Mike Pence will handle this crisis almost as well as he managed AIDS cases in Indiana. The evidence is clear that we can't count on Donny's government either to give us accurate information or to respond with so much as a modicum of competence. We're on our own here. And yes, I'm pissed off about it. --Bob
You're an idiot.
Revisiting the past. I was right that we could not count on Donny's government to give us accurate information. I was right that we could not count on Donny's government to respond with so much as a modicum of competence. I was right that, just as he did in Indiana, Vice President Pence prioritized ideology and politics over public health. And I was right that we were on our own. --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#562 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:53 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:10 pm
Ok you echo chamber bubble drones. (You know who you are).

We all know the MSM never overhypes things.

Here's the CDC statistics for the common, everyday flu in the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Lets give it a month or two.
If the corona virus in the US is significantly higher with REAL statistics and not hype in the next few months, I will agree with you that you are right about all this chicken little stuff. And for your prize, if I live through it, I won't vote for trump.
If it fizzles out, and the media finds another thing to hype and drool over, then you admit to me that the MSM is NOT to be trusted. No if, ands, buts or whataboutisms. I'm not going to ask that you vote for trump, because even if you say you will, I know you won't. But finally, for God's sake, admit you're wrong about something. All of you. That'll be enough.
(Emphasis added.) I wonder whether flock will keep his promise here. --Bob