I Spy...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

I Spy...

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:45 am

An interesting name among the forum browsers....!!!

lb13

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:45 am

something blue

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:46 am

I see her too!!!!

It's been a long time.

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri May 09, 2008 11:51 am

I was just reading some military history notes by hf jai last night, studying for an upcoming trivia contest.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

hf_jai

#5 Post by hf_jai » Fri May 09, 2008 11:52 am

Hi guys. Mind if I hang out here again?

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:57 am

hf_jai wrote:Hi guys. Mind if I hang out here again?

Be our guest!

Just beware of the snakes and squirrels.....

lb13

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:58 am

Hi Jai! Whoo hoo! How are ya?
Well, then

peacock2121

#8 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:00 pm

Mind?!?!

Mind?!?!

I mind that you stayed away so long.

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#9 Post by Rexer25 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi. Good to see you back, but I'm not sure you want to hang out with this bunch of ne'er-do-wells, reprobates and Texans.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

peacock2121

#10 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Rexer25 wrote:
Hi. Good to see you back, but I'm not sure you want to hang out with this bunch of ne'er-do-wells, reprobates and Texans.
Of course she does.

We're cute.

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 09, 2008 12:14 pm

Welcome back! :)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#12 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:16 pm

Rexer25 wrote:

I take exception to being lumped with Texans.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#13 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:29 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
Rexer25 wrote:

I take exception to being lumped with Texans.
At least we're not lumpy Texans.

ba da bing ba da boom Thank you. Thank you.
Well, then

hf_jai

#14 Post by hf_jai » Fri May 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Wow. Sorry about that. Decided to change my avatar and it took me a while. I'm thru with politics. For a while anyway. I'm willing to debate with friehnds, but I can't stand watching the Democrats pick a sure loser... again. It's just too painful.

Better to put my energy in my dogs. This one is Ricky. He's almost 11 months old. Good looker, ain't he?

peacock2121

#15 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:55 pm

hf_jai wrote:Wow. Sorry about that. Decided to change my avatar and it took me a while. I'm thru with politics. For a while anyway. I'm willing to debate with friehnds, but I can't stand watching the Democrats pick a sure loser... again. It's just too painful.

Better to put my energy in my dogs. This one is Ricky. He's almost 11 months old. Good looker, ain't he?
He is!

How many do you have now?

How are your kids doing?

Is the pump your daughter had put in working the way you hoped? Did it change her life?

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#16 Post by Evil Squirrel » Fri May 09, 2008 12:56 pm

hf_jai wrote:Wow. Sorry about that. Decided to change my avatar and it took me a while. I'm thru with politics. For a while anyway. I'm willing to debate with friehnds, but I can't stand watching the Democrats pick a sure loser... again. It's just too painful.

I may have to venture north and introduce myself. I really like dogs, just ask my good friend Annie....

tlynn78

#17 Post by tlynn78 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Better to put my energy in my dogs. This one is Ricky. He's almost 11 months old. Good looker, ain't he

Quite handsome, hf_jai. Glad to see you back.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

hf_jai

#18 Post by hf_jai » Fri May 09, 2008 1:26 pm

Nice to be back.

And nice to meetcha, Evil Squirrel.

(Someone's gonna have to clue me in on this squirrels and snakes thing lb mentions above.)

Kids are doing good, I guess. Karl is in Germany, about to deploy to Kosovo in another day or two. Hannah is a junior in high school. I hope she makes it to senior. Don't know if the pump has changed her life, but I guess it's got to be better for her than all those shots. She has a new gizmo that takes blood sugar readings continuously and sends them right to the pump, but she doesn't like to use it. Can't say as I blame her -- it comes with a really big needle -- but if we can get it going right, it should make her blood sugar more stable.

My health hasn't been great. I'm five years cancer free, and that's the good news. But when I quit smoking two years ago, I put on about 30 lbs and became diabetic. Also found a uterine tumor (not malignant) and a huge kidney stone., but they're both gone now. Seems like I take a zillion pills every day and I just HATE that. But at least I still can. :roll:

fuzzywuzzy

#19 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Fri May 09, 2008 1:36 pm

hf_jai wrote:Nice to be back.

My health hasn't been great. I'm five years cancer free, and that's the good news. But when I quit smoking two years ago, I put on about 30 lbs and became diabetic. Also found a uterine tumor (not malignant) and a huge kidney stone., but they're both gone now. Seems like I take a zillion pills every day and I just HATE that. But at least I still can. :roll:
WB jai!

I am so glad that you are here jai! I hope that things are now much better, and you will be a regular BB again.

I have e-mailed ya, and never heard back. I am glad that you are cancer-free! Thank goodness. You are still here and that is the main thing. :D

No longer live in Manhattan, I am not too far from you... I live in Fairway. Been here almost 5 years.

Take care...Happy Mother's Day!

fuzzy aka Kelly
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

MarleysGh0st

#20 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 09, 2008 1:46 pm

hf_jai wrote: (Someone's gonna have to clue me in on this squirrels and snakes thing lb mentions above.)
1. Annie, silvercamaro's talented and internet-savvy brownhound, tells us often of her battles with evil squirrels. Evil Squirrel joined the Bored in a futile effort to make the other side's case.

2. One night, earlier this week, the silvercamaro household played host to a 4 1/2 foot-long king snake, until some nice young police officers helped decapitate and dispose of said snake. It's been much talked about since!

:)

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#21 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 09, 2008 1:56 pm

hf_jai wrote:Nice to be back.

And nice to meetcha, Evil Squirrel.

(Someone's gonna have to clue me in on this squirrels and snakes thing lb mentions above.)

Kids are doing good, I guess. Karl is in Germany, about to deploy to Kosovo in another day or two. Hannah is a junior in high school. I hope she makes it to senior. Don't know if the pump has changed her life, but I guess it's got to be better for her than all those shots. She has a new gizmo that takes blood sugar readings continuously and sends them right to the pump, but she doesn't like to use it. Can't say as I blame her -- it comes with a really big needle -- but if we can get it going right, it should make her blood sugar more stable.

Yay for five years! Me, too last November! WHOOO HOOO for us!
I'm sorry abou the diabetes and other stuff. Bodies are a pain in the ass.

Your pup is gorgeous.
Well, then

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#22 Post by AnnieCamaro » Fri May 09, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi, Miss Jai. I'm Annie, the long-leggedy, brown-eyed girl standing in back of the photo I use as an avatar. I would very much like to meet Ricky and, with your permission, introduce him to Lizbit, my little sister. She's 11 months old, too, so perhaps they could dig holes and chew sticks together.

Just for the record, I do not hate all squirrels, just the evil ones. I know two, Daniel the Squirrel of Houston, TX, and the noted actor Rocket J. Squirrel, who are decent, upstanding, intelligent and nice. Even Evil Squirrel, whom you've met, clearly is bright and talented. Since you don't know me yet, I didn't want you to think that I am incapable of judging every squirrel on his or her own merits. I'm not that kind of girl.

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

hf_jai

#23 Post by hf_jai » Fri May 09, 2008 2:04 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:WB jai!

I am so glad that you are here jai! I hope that things are now much better, and you will be a regular BB again.

I have e-mailed ya, and never heard back. I am glad that you are cancer-free! Thank goodness. You are still here and that is the main thing. :D

No longer live in Manhattan, I am not too far from you... I live in Fairway. Been here almost 5 years.

Take care...Happy Mother's Day!

fuzzy aka Kelly
I don't remember getting an e-mail, but I've missed a lot of mail over the last few years. Fairway? We should do lunch some time.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#24 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:05 pm

Great to see you!

I was looking forward to your political perspectives, but I'm delighted to see you with or without them. Without is fine with me.

I wish you the best of luck in dealing with the health issues you and your family are having. My uncle went through almost exactly the same cycle you did (no uterine tumor, of course...) and is still active after more than 20 years.

Chime in anywhere! Don't skip EvilSquirrel's comic strip!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#25 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:09 pm

hf_jai wrote:Better to put my energy in my dogs. This one is Ricky. He's almost 11 months old. Good looker, ain't he?
As Beebs said (Beebs is always right), he's gorgeous. Thanks for posting his pic.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller