Hmmm

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Hmmm

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:16 pm

So. Where's the Smollett discussion?
Well, then

Bob Juch

Re: Hmmm

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Beebs52 wrote:So. Where's the Smollett discussion?
Down the hall and to the left.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:56 pm

I am too confused to comment, not by your question but by the layers to the story. They continue to unpeel.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 pm

All the news providers who jumped all over this story when they thought an attacker shouted "MAGA" are now patiently waiting for the story to develop.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:09 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:I am too confused to comment, not by your question but by the layers to the story. They continue to unpeel.
Layers? This story stunk from the very beginning, but anyone who questioned the discrepancies or the nonsensical was immediately labeled a racist.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

bazodee

#6 Post by bazodee » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:18 pm

This provides another excellent example of why one should forego the instant gratification of reacting on social media... ditto for the prep school kids on the National Mall.

None of us really knows what happened.

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:56 pm

bazodee wrote:This provides another excellent example of why one should forego the instant gratification of reacting on social media... ditto for the prep school kids on the National Mall.

I'm amazed and amused that BJ didn't inform us of this.

I'm glad that very soon aSSShole will explain it to us.
Not according to the MSM and the usual suspects in hollywood. They knew what happened right from the start. And now that it's unraveling, some of them are SAD that it might not be true that a hate crime happened. Darn, it fit our narrative to a tee. If it isn't true, it will be so much harder to call all conservatives racist. Boy, I wish this hate crime is true!!!!

This is just another instance of fake news that should hit anyone with an open mind right in the face. But I'm sure it won't have any effect on our resident trump haters. The bat phone will have an answer. Just wait.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:01 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
bazodee wrote:This provides another excellent example of why one should forego the instant gratification of reacting on social media... ditto for the prep school kids on the National Mall.

Not according to the MSM and the usual suspects in hollywood. They knew what happened right from the start. And now that it's unraveling, some of them are SAD that it might not be true that a hate crime happened. Darn, it fit our narrative to a tee. If it isn't true, it will be so much harder to call all conservatives racist. Boy, I wish this hate crime is true!!!!

This is just another instance of fake news that should hit anyone with an open mind right in the face. But I'm sure it won't have any effect on our resident trump haters. The bat phone will have an answer. Just wait.
I thought you were a trump hater?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: some of them are SAD that it might not be true that a hate crime happened.
What I'm sad about is that incidents like this, which got way more attention because of Smollett's celebrity status than otherwise would have happened, give the Trump supporters and enablers free rein to dismiss every claim as fake news despite the evidence that hate crimes against various minorities and members of the press are increasing in this country since Trump's election. And, by the way, these same people seem to buy any ridiculous "statistic" Trump throws their way tying immigrants to all sorts of crime, drug trafficking, and violence.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

mellytu74

#10 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:23 pm

Beebs -

Boonie and I were listening to TV when the first reports came out.

His immediate reaction was "Something smells here." I was more inclined to believe that something happened to Smollett.

EXCEPT one thing kept nagging me - the initial reports said the attackers yelled, "This is MAGA country."

I turned to Boonie - I says to him. "They're in Chicago. That doesn't sound like Chicago."

Not saying there aren't Trump supporters in Chicago but the "MAGA country" just sounded weird.

So, basically, I got nuttin' left to say. Except that I am afraid this will make it worse for people who really are attacked to be believed.

tlynn78

#11 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:48 pm

In the same bin as the discussions regarding the debunking of Kavanaugh's accusers, CNN labeling the VA Gov. a Republican, 1.5 million "voters" needing to be purged from LA county voter rolls, etc. It doesn't further the proper agenda, dontcha know.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:53 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: some of them are SAD that it might not be true that a hate crime happened.
What I'm sad about is that incidents like this, which got way more attention because of Smollett's celebrity status than otherwise would have happened, give the Trump supporters and enablers free rein to dismiss every claim as fake news despite the evidence that hate crimes against various minorities and members of the press are increasing in this country since Trump's election. And, by the way, these same people seem to buy any ridiculous "statistic" Trump throws their way tying immigrants to all sorts of crime, drug trafficking, and violence.
Whoomp, There it is!
(Now he's sad. Too bad it might not be true, huh, aSSShole? It got so much attention because it fit the narrative. All those 'journalists' and 'noble celebrities' showing their compassion before they knew anything about it. but it sure would have been a good hate crime for your side. Can't blame you for being sad if it didn't happen.)
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

I thought you were a trump hater?
You don't pay attention, son. I'm a fan boy, don't you know. Now run along.

flockofseagulls104

#14 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:05 am

CNN is reporting that the boys at Covington High School set up this whole frame of Smollett.

flockofseagulls104

#15 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:08 am

You're not sad because a trump hating semi celebrity was so full of hatred that he may have set up this whole thing to bolster his delusion that the US is a racist, homophobic etc... culture?

I'm sad for you.

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:48 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: he may have set up this whole thing to bolster his delusion that the US is a racist, homophobic etc... culture?
I'm sure that he's in a better position than you to judge the amount of racial and homophobic animosity he's had to put up with over the years. (including a letter addressed to him sent to the set of his show a few days before the attack incident that said "Die black fag.")

Funny that you never get upset when right wingers, including right wing news sources, fast track spurious dirt about liberals (e.g., Pizzagate). Look how long it took the "story" about AOC having her boyfriend on the government payroll (something that never happened) to make the rounds.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/alexan ... il-account

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/ocasio- ... d-twitter/

It didn't take long for right wingers to question whether Kamala Harris was eligible to run for President either. If this story is familiar, it's because Donald Trump spent five years peddling the notion that Obama was not native born.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... president/

Ritterskoop

#17 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:26 am

Estonut wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:I am too confused to comment, not by your question but by the layers to the story. They continue to unpeel.
Layers? This story stunk from the very beginning, but anyone who questioned the discrepancies or the nonsensical was immediately labeled a racist.
Not by me.

I don't think "racist" means what some other people think it means. I was brought up to believe that a racist is someone who thinks they are better than people of another group. Now, it seems to include anyone who thinks that an issue includes an element of race as part of its construction. Analysis is not the same as arrogance.

It helps to have these conversations with people who know your heart, rather than with strangers on the interwebs (folks on this board can fall somewhere in between those extremes).
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

flockofseagulls104

#18 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: he may have set up this whole thing to bolster his delusion that the US is a racist, homophobic etc... culture?
I'm sure that he's in a better position than you to judge the amount of racial and homophobic animosity he's had to put up with over the years. (including a letter addressed to him sent to the set of his show a few days before the attack incident that said "Die black fag.")

Funny that you never get upset when right wingers, including right wing news sources, fast track spurious dirt about liberals (e.g., Pizzagate). Look how long it took the "story" about AOC having her boyfriend on the government payroll (something that never happened) to make the rounds.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/alexan ... il-account

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/ocasio- ... d-twitter/

It didn't take long for right wingers to question whether Kamala Harris was eligible to run for President either. If this story is familiar, it's because Donald Trump spent five years peddling the notion that Obama was not native born.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... president/

BATPHONE!!!!

You are running right on script there, aSSShole.

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:42 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: BATPHONE!!!!

That's your latest code for "I don't have a real response, so I'll just say something I think will upset SSS and make myself feel good at the same time."

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 am

silverscreenselect wrote: I'm sure that he's in a better position than you to judge the amount of racial and homophobic animosity he's had to put up with over the years. (including a letter addressed to him sent to the set of his show a few days before the attack incident that said "Die black fag.")
You still believe the letter was real?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#21 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:58 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: BATPHONE!!!!

That's your latest code for "I don't have a real response, so I'll just say something I think will upset SSS and make myself feel good at the same time."
Your response to the Smollett thing is to post more crap from the batphone?

I never heard of 2 out of three of your 'responses' that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Even if I did, my response would be 'so the f**k what'? You think anyone with a rational mind paid any attention to the pizza thing? I guess in your mind they did. You think David Duke has some relevance.

I believe it's been reported that they found the magazine from which that hate letter was created in the possession of the guys Smollett allegedly paid.

aSSShole, This is the MSM, Social Media and the Hollywood elite going apeshit over a false narrative for the 2nd time in one month, just because it's anti trump. When will you address that with more than your standard ubiquitous response that you get from the bat phone?

silverscreenselect

#22 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:26 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: a false narrative for the 2nd time in one month, just because it's anti trump.
I guess the first "false" narrative was the Covington High School incident, one that eventually proved to be considerably more accurate than not (although not complete), although the right wing smear machine tried their best to destroy it (it doesn't take much to convince Trump enablers like you Flock).

What I pointed out was that going "ape shit" is not the exclusive property of the Hollywood elite. Right wingers spread their fabrications around with equal gusto, and those stories also find their way into the mainstream media as well. But you never get upset about that or about the non-stop stream of lies coming out of the mouth of Donald Trump on a daily basis.

I await your next witty Batphone retort.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#23 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:13 pm

Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#24 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:55 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: a false narrative for the 2nd time in one month, just because it's anti trump.
I guess the first "false" narrative was the Covington High School incident, one that eventually proved to be considerably more accurate than not (although not complete), although the right wing smear machine tried their best to destroy it (it doesn't take much to convince Trump enablers like you Flock).

What I pointed out was that going "ape shit" is not the exclusive property of the Hollywood elite. Right wingers spread their fabrications around with equal gusto, and those stories also find their way into the mainstream media as well. But you never get upset about that or about the non-stop stream of lies coming out of the mouth of Donald Trump on a daily basis.

I await your next witty Batphone retort.
The right wingers you so often complain about exist only in your distressed brain. Pizzagate? AOCs boyfriend? And you are still defending the MSM on the slandering of the Covington kids? Whoo boy. You are really scraping the bottom if the barrel trying to hide from the truth.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#25 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:14 pm

Why don'f we stop this thread. I know I can't, but since I started it let's let it go. It's just annoying.
Well, then