The Harvey List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: The Harvey List

#826 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:15 pm

The Boston Celtics have suspended head coach Ime Udoka for the 2022-23 season for a violation of team policies. According to published reports, this involved a consensual sexual relationship with a female Celtics staffer. The team will evaluate his long-term status at a later date.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#827 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:36 pm

Child sexual abuse claims against Tiffany Haddish and Aries Spears dismissed
Entertainment Weekly wrote:The Jane Doe lawsuit accusing comedians Tiffany Haddish and Aries Spears of forcing a woman and her brother to separately perform inappropriate, sexually suggestive acts on camera when they were minors has been dismissed, according to a filing provided by the defendants' lawyer.

EW has confirmed that the pseudonymous plaintiff asked a judge to dismiss the case with prejudice, meaning it cannot be refiled. In a statement obtained by TMZ, which first reported the news, the plaintiff said, "My family and I have known Tiffany Haddish for many years — and we now know that she would never harm me or my brother or help anyone else do anything that could harm us. We wish Tiffany the best and are glad that we can all put this behind us."

EW has reached out to the plaintiff, Haddish, and Spears for comment.

In a complaint filed last month, the 22-year-old plaintiff, identified as Jane Doe, accused Haddish (Girls Trip) and Spears (Mad TV) of intentional infliction of emotional distress, gross negligence, sexual battery, sexual harassment, and sexual abuse of a minor, claiming that the comedians made her and her brother film sexually themed comedy sketches when they were underage. The incidents were alleged to have occurred when Jane was 14 and her brother, identified as John Doe, was 7.

Representatives for Haddish and Spears quickly denied the allegations. Haddish's attorney Andrew Brettler said in a statement to EW that the plaintiff's mother had "been trying to assert these bogus claims against Ms. Haddish for several years. Every attorney who has initially taken on her case — and there were several — ultimately dropped the matter once it became clear that the claims were meritless and Ms. Haddish would not be shaken down."

Spears' attorney Debra Opri similarly said that her client wasn't "going to fall for any shakedown."

The complaint described two sketches that the siblings had alleged they were made to participate in, one of which was said to have been titled "Through a Pedophile's Eyes" and posted on the website Funny or Die before being taken down. The complaint charged that Spears played a pedophile in the sketch, which allegedly included him massaging baby oil onto John's back and observing the boy nude in the bathtub while smoking a cigarette, among other sexually suggestive acts. After the shoot ended, John "called his mother crying, saying he did not want to film anymore," the complaint claimed.

A few days after the suit made headlines, Haddish said she deeply regretted the sketches in a statement posted on social media. "I know people have a bunch of questions," she wrote. "I get it. I'm right there with you. Unfortunately, because there is an ongoing legal case, there's very little that I can say right now. But, clearly, while this sketch was intended to be comedic, it wasn't funny at all — and I deeply regret having agreed to act in it. I really look forward to being able to share a lot more about this situation as soon as I can."
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#828 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:05 am

Five years after “Rent” star Anthony Rapp publicly accused the Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey of sexual assault when Rapp was a teenager, a jury will hear the case in federal court in New York.

The civil trial is scheduled to start Thursday in downtown Manhattan at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#829 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:07 am

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235233951/

‘Scrubs’ Writer Eric Weinberg Charged by Los Angeles District Attorney

The television writer-producer was arrested again on Tuesday and charged with 18 counts of sexual assault by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office.

Television writer and producer Eric Weinberg has been charged with 18 counts of sexual assault by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office. Weinberg was arrested again on Tuesday and later released on $5 million bail, up from his previous bail of $3.225 million.

In a press conference on Wednesday, District Attorney George Gascón said that his office asked that Weinberg remain in detention without bail but that a judge denied the request. Gascón noted that Weinberg, who he called “a very wealthy individual,” quickly posted bail and is now out of custody. His arraignment is set for October 25.

Bob Juch

#830 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:09 pm

The Tampa Bay Lightning suspended the defenseman Ian Cole after a woman accused him of sexually assaulting her when she was a minor. The team says Cole will be suspended until an investigation wraps up.

https://theathletic.com/3674592/2022/10 ... legations/

Bob Juch

#831 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:10 pm

Harvey Weinstein Trial Begins With Heavy Burden on Accusers: ‘Everything Is at Stake for Them’

https://www.thewrap.com/harvey-weinstei ... s-testify/

Bob Juch

#832 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:54 am

Paul Haggis Rape Trial Begins With Focus on Scientology and Abuse of Hollywood Power

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/paul ... 235407541/

Opening statements began on Wednesday in a civil trial against Oscar-winning filmmaker Paul Haggis, who has been accused of raping a publicist nearly a decade ago.

Haleigh Breest, who filed a lawsuit against Haggis in 2017, alleges that the screenwriter and director forced her to perform oral sex and then raped her after she reluctantly agreed to have a drink at his Soho apartment following a movie premiere. Her attorneys asserted to jurors that the director used his fame and position in Hollywood to pressure Breest, who was 26 at the time.

“The defendant, Paul Haggis, is a famous movie director and screenwriter. He’s won two Oscars. He’s talented. He’s powerful. He’s also manipulative,” the plaintiff’s lawyer Zoe Salzman told the jurors in a Lower Manhattan courtroom. “The evidence in this case will show Mr. Haggis used his storytelling skills and fame to prey on, manipulate and attack vulnerable young women in the film industry.”

She continued, “He lured Haleigh [to his apartment], manipulated her into being alone and he attacked her. He did not stop when she said no. He did not stop when she struggled and resisted.”

Haggis does not deny the two had sex, but he says it was consensual. Moreover, the defense maintains the rape charge came in retaliation for Haggis’ decision to leave and then criticize the Church of Scientology. Haggis parted with Scientology in 2009, after 30 years, over its opposition to gay marriage. He has since alleged that leaders of the controversial religion were trying to “find dirt” on him before the rape allegation was leveled.

“Scientology is very successful at destroying its enemies without leaving a single fingerprint behind,” defense attorney Priya Chaudhry said in opening remarks. She alleges her client was targeted by the church because he “did not leave quietly.”

MORE

Bob Juch

#833 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:59 am

Danny Masterson Paid Jane Doe #1 $400,000 To Sign NDA, Rape Trial Testimony Reveals; Scientology Again Comes To Fore

https://deadline.com/2022/10/danny-mast ... 235149347/

Jane Doe #1 on Wednesday afternoon testified that “everything hurt so bad” in the aftermath of an alleged second rape by Danny Masterson in April 2003, as she continued on the witness stand in Masterson’s rape trial in downtown Los Angeles.

The post-lunch session also revealed that Jane Doe #1, known also as “Jen B,” was paid $400,000 in installments after signing a non-disclosure agreement, effectively squelching a report she had made to the LAPD in 2004.

MORE

Bob Juch

#834 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:51 pm

Kevin Spacey has been found not liable for the battery of Anthony Rapp. It took the jury just 90 minutes.

Bob Juch

#835 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:18 pm

Warren Beatty Sued for Allegedly Coercing Sex With a Minor in 1973
"Variety" wrote:A woman has filed a lawsuit against Warren Beatty, alleging that the actor coerced her into having sex with him in 1973 when she was 14 or 15 years old.

Kristina Charlotte Hirsch filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court on Monday. The suit does not cite Beatty by name but identifies the defendant as having been nominated for an Academy Award for his role as Clyde in "Bonnie and Clyde" — a clear reference to Beatty.

Hirsch, who now lives in Louisiana, alleges that Beatty met her on a movie set, where he paid "undue attention" to her, commented on her looks, and gave her his phone number. She alleges that Beatty called her numerous times in 1973, invited her to the hotel where he lived, and brought her on car rides.

Representatives for Beatty did not respond to requests for comment.

The suit also states that Beatty — who would have been about 35 at the time — offered to help her with her homework and commented to her several times about losing her virginity.

According to the suit, the defendant "used his position and status as an adult and a Hollywood movie star to coerce sexual contact with Plaintiff on multiple occasions, including oral sex, simulated sex, and finally coerced sexual intercourse with the minor child."

The suit states that Hirsch was "initially thrilled" by the attention and believed she was in a romantic relationship with him.

Hirsch is seeking compensation for psychological, mental, and emotional distress. The suit alleges that she has had difficulty interacting with people in positions of authority due to the sexual abuse and has suffered "issues with trust and control."

Hirsch filed the suit under a 2019 California law that opened a three-year "lookback window" for claims of child sexual abuse that the statute of limitations would otherwise bar. That window expires on Jan. 1, 2023.

Hirsch is represented by Michael Reck and Michael Finnegan of Jeff Anderson & Associates law firm. The firm has handled numerous child sex abuse cases involving the Catholic Church and the Boy Scouts of America.

Bob Juch

#836 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:56 am

Paul Haggis found liable on all three counts of 2013 rape and sexual assault in New York civil trial

https://deadline.com/2022/11/paul-haggi ... 235168390/

silverscreenselect

#837 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:15 pm

Jennifer Siebel Newsom, wife of California Governor Gavin Newsom, testified today at Harvey Weistein's trial that Weinstein raped her in 2005 when she was an up-and-coming actress. Newsom, then known as Jennifer Siebel, said she did not report the rape to the police at the time because she was afraid. However, she did tell two friends about the assault, including actress Daphne Zuniga, who testified last week. Newsom is identified in the complaint against Weinstein as Jane Doe #4. He is charged with sex crimes against 11 women in total. The prosecution never mentioned Gov. Newsom by name during her testimony, but the defense repeatedly brought his name up, asking Newsom why her husband continued to take contributions from Weinstein. Her answer was that she never told her husband about the assault until the #MeToo scandal implicating Weinstein broke.

silverscreenselect

#838 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:35 pm

On Thursday, a woman filed a sexual battery lawsuit against Nick Carter, singer for the Backstreet Boys, accusing him of raping her and infecting her with HPV in 2001 when she was 17. The woman is autistic and has cerebral palsy. Supposedly, she asked him to stop while he was assaulting her, and he called her a "retarded little bitch" who no one would believe. ABC has canceled its heavily promoted Backstreet Boys Christmas Special that was supposed to air December 14.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/bac ... 235455388/

Bob Juch

#839 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:14 pm

A Los Angeles jury found Harvey Weinstein guilty of raping one woman, but found him not guilty or could not decide on other charges.

The charges related to four women who accused Mr. Weinstein, 70, of assaulting them in Los Angeles County between 2004 and 2013. He was convicted on three of the charges, all related to one accuser referred to as Jane Doe 1: forcible oral copulation, sexual penetration by a foreign object and forcible rape.

The charges in Los Angeles related to four women who accused Mr. Weinstein, 70, of assaulting them in Los Angeles County between 2004 and 2013. He was convicted on three of the charges, all related to one accuser referred to as Jane Doe 1: forcible oral copulation, sexual penetration by a foreign object and forcible rape.

The jury could not decide on three other charges against him, related to other accusers, and found him not guilty on one count.

Prosecutors called Mr. Weinstein a “predator” who had used his power in the film industry to lure women to meet with him, then isolated and assaulted them.

Defense lawyers argued that the sex was consensual, that the women were exaggerating about the physical contact in some instances and that one of the accusers was lying altogether. They focused on inconsistencies in the accusers’ accounts and drew attention to cordial communications between them and Mr. Weinstein after the encounters.

Jennifer Siebel Newsom, the wife of Gov. Gavin Newsom of California, was among the women who testified against Mr. Weinstein, saying that he assaulted and raped her in a Beverly Hills hotel room in 2005. The jury could not decide on the two counts related to her accusations.

Mr. Weinstein has 21 years left to serve for his 2020 conviction in New York, but the state’s highest court agreed in August to consider his appeal. The possibility that he could win release there raised the stakes for the trial in California.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/12/19 ... al-verdict

Bob Juch

#840 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:52 am

Longtime conservative activist and head of CPAC Matt Schlapp is being accused of “sustained and unwanted and unsolicited” sexual contact after allegedly groping a Herschel Walker staffer’s crotch in October.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cpacs-mat ... mmeled-it/

silverscreenselect

#841 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:36 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:52 am
Longtime conservative activist and head of CPAC Matt Schlapp is being accused of “sustained and unwanted and unsolicited” sexual contact after allegedly groping a Herschel Walker staffer’s crotch in October.

I can't think of anything more distasteful than groping a Herschel Walker staffer's crotch.

Bob Juch

#842 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:57 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:36 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:52 am

I can't think of anything more distasteful than groping a Herschel Walker staffer's crotch.
Well, maybe groping Matt Schlapp's crotch.

silverscreenselect

#843 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:55 am

Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:21 pm
Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:28 pm
Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer, the 2020 NL Cy Young Award winner, has been placed on seven-day administrative leave by MLB following allegations of sexual assault filed by a woman who obtained a restraining order against him. The woman alleges that Bauer choked her using her hair until she was unconscious and then assaulted her. The alleged assaults occurred on two different occasions in April and May at Bauer's house. Bauer did not appear at the hearing where the restraining order was issued but denies the charges. The woman suffered extensive facial bruising after the encounters. Bauer admits the couple had sex but claims that she wanted him to get rough with her.
Bauer has now been suspended for two season by MLB for various sexual abuse incidents. He did not pitch again after June 29 of last year when I posted the original comment about him but was paid his entire salary for the 2021 season. He continued to be paid until yesterday, when the suspension was announced. Bauer is making about $30 million a season and will appeal the suspension.
Two weeks after an arbitrator reduced Bauer's suspension to games served (allowing him to play immediately), the Dodgers announced they were cutting ties with him. The procedure involved is to designate Bauer for assignment, which gives them a limited time to arrange a trade. If they can't find someone willing to trade for Bauer, they will place him on waivers. If no one claims him on waivers, Bauer becomes a free agent.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/353 ... evor-bauer

Bob Juch

#844 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:35 pm

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles judge on Tuesday declared that porn performer Ron Jeremy is mentally incompetent to stand trial on dozens of rape and sexual assault counts.

Superior Court Judge Ronald S. Harris said in a hearing that after reviewing reports from both prosecutors and Jeremy’s defense that he is in “incurable neurocognitive decline” from which he is unlikely to recover.

Prosecutors asked that he be periodically reevaluated.

A hearing on placing the 69-year-old Jeremy, whose legal name is Ronald Hyatt, in a state hospital will be held next month.

Jeremy pleaded not guilty after a grand jury indicted him on 34 counts of sexual assault, including 12 counts of rape.

“When he was arrested two years ago I said he would be found innocent of all charges,” Jeremy’s attorney Stuart Goldfarb said in an email. “Two years have passed and with the additional discovery I received I believed he would have have been found innocent. It is unfortunate due to mental condition he will not go to trial and have the the opportunity to clear his name.”

Jeremy, who has remained in jail since his arrest in 2020, did not attend the hearing.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#845 Post by Vandal » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:55 pm

It would likely have been a hung jury.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

ne1410s

#846 Post by ne1410s » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:38 pm

There ain’t no jury of his peers no how…
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

silverscreenselect

#847 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:10 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:35 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles judge on Tuesday declared that porn performer Ron Jeremy is mentally incompetent to stand trial on dozens of rape and sexual assault counts.
Ron Jeremy is one of the few celebrities I've actually spoken to. He was the emcee at some sort of beauty contest at a local nightclub in Atlanta, and I saw him sitting at the bar having a drink by himself. I introduced myself and mentioned how good a job I thought he was doing. He had a self-deprecating sense of humor and an average guy vibe. And except for one part of his anatomy, he was pretty much of a slobby guy.

He seemed a nice guy when I met him (probably in the late 90s). I was surprised to learn about the charges against him. It seems like he's paying a much worse price now than any prison sentence would be:

silverscreenselect

#848 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:50 pm

Philadelphia Eagles offensive lineman Josh Sills has been indicted in Ohio on charges of rape and kidnapping arising out of a 2019 incident. Sills knew the alleged victim since high school and gave her and her cousin a ride home. After the cousin got out of Sills' truck, he allegedly pushed her back into his truck and forced her to have oral sex with him. She reported the incident when it occurred, and medical records show she had extensive bruising. Sills was in college at the time.

The NFL has placed Sills on the commissioner's exempt list, meaning he will not be allowed to practice with the team or travel to the Super Bowl. Sills had only appeared in one game for the Eagles earlier this season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/355 ... ng-charges

jarnon

#849 Post by jarnon » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:20 am

Toronto mayor steps down after affair with ex-staffer

The mayor of Canada’s largest city has stepped down after acknowledging he had an affair with a former staffer.

Toronto Mayor John Tory said at a late Friday night news conference that he developed a relationship with an employee in his office.

The 68-year-old was known as a straight-laced, button down moderate conservative — almost the polar opposite of previous Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, whose term was plagued by scandals involving public drinking and illegal drug use.

“I recognize that permitting this relationship to develop was a serious error in judgment on my part,” Tory said after the Toronto Star reported on the affair.

“It came at a time when Barb, my wife of 40-plus years and I were enduring many lengthy periods apart while I carried out my responsibilities during the pandemic," he said.

"As a result, I have decided I will step down as Mayor so I can take the time to reflect on my mistakes and to do the work of rebuilding the trust of my family.”

Tory was first elected mayor in 2014, in part on a promise to restore respectability to the office after the turbulent term of Ford. Tory recently won a third term.

Rob Ford’s four-year tenure as mayor of Canada’s largest city was marred by his drinking and crack cocaine use. He later died from a rare form of cancer.

Tory said he is “deeply sorry” to the people of Toronto.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#850 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:24 pm

New Mexico State University has canceled today's scheduled men's basketball game against Cal Baptist and suspended the rest of its season indefinitely following new allegations of hazing by several players regarding a teammate. The coaching staff has been put on paid administrative leave. The team currently has a 9-15 record. Earlier this season, the school cancelled scheduled home-and-home games against New Mexico following an incident in which a New Mexico State player shot and killed a New Mexico student on the New Mexico campus. The incident was ruled self-defense. The current allegations are separate from the earlier incident.