IT IS FAKE NEWS (Trump is right)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: IT IS FAKE NEWS (Trump is right)

#126 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:00 pm

Here is an interesting article from Dan Macguill, whom I assume is connected with snopes.
Many of the anecdotes he cites are new to me, but probably not to the trump-haters. Some of them I've heard about. But he makes the same point I did about the topic of this thread, and the false reporting of his 'Sweden' reference. He says the hysterical trump haters (Maybe we can call them the HTH) latch on to these things because of their confirmation bias. In my experience, it sounds about right, not only about trump, but it also explains a lot of the stereotypes SSS and others on this bored have about conservatives and republicans.

I am not saying that conservatives, republicans or even I don't have our own confirmation biases. We do. I heard all the shit generated from the right about Obama. But maybe it's my confirmation bias, but I cannot remember any of the bored's right leaning posters ever personally insulting President Obama, or disrespecting him anywhere near as much as some of the people here are leveling at trump.

I have some serious problems with President Trump. But I don't believe half the things that are thrown at him by his opposition and the HTHs, which DOES include a lot of the MSM. Precisely for the reasons that Mr. Macguill points out, and many others that I know about that he doesn't cite. And because there are a lot of people like bob, who have pretty much taken an oath to oppose anything he supports, and champion anything he opposes regardless of how it affects the country. That is why I called them the disloyal opposition.

So I will follow this trump jr. story as well as I can, taking generous doses of salt. If it does turn out that he, without a doubt, was involved with the distribution and hacking of Podesta's email, he should go to jail. If Trump Sr is in any way involved, he should be impeached and convicted. But there has to be incontrovertible proof, not rumors, stories from undocumented sources or generalized outrage from those who have the public's ear.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

mrkelley23

#127 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:02 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Here is an interesting article from Dan Macguill, whom I assume is connected with snopes.
Many of the anecdotes he cites are new to me, but probably not to the trump-haters. Some of them I've heard about. But he makes the same point I did about the topic of this thread, and the false reporting of his 'Sweden' reference. He says the hysterical trump haters (Maybe we can call them the HTH) latch on to these things because of their confirmation bias. In my experience, it sounds about right, not only about trump, but it also explains a lot of the stereotypes SSS and others on this bored have about conservatives and republicans.

I am not saying that conservatives, republicans or even I don't have our own confirmation biases. We do. I heard all the shit generated from the right about Obama. But maybe it's my confirmation bias, but I cannot remember any of the bored's right leaning posters ever personally insulting President Obama, or disrespecting him anywhere near as much as some of the people here are leveling at trump.

I have some serious problems with President Trump. But I don't believe half the things that are thrown at him by his opposition and the HTHs, which DOES include a lot of the MSM. Precisely for the reasons that Mr. Macguill points out, and many others that I know about that he doesn't cite. And because there are a lot of people like bob, who have pretty much taken an oath to oppose anything he supports, and champion anything he opposes regardless of how it affects the country. That is why I called them the disloyal opposition.

So I will follow this trump jr. story as well as I can, taking generous doses of salt. If it does turn out that he, without a doubt, was involved with the distribution and hacking of Podesta's email, he should go to jail. If Trump Sr is in any way involved, he should be impeached and convicted. But there has to be incontrovertible proof, not rumors, stories from undocumented sources or generalized outrage from those who have the public's ear.
Yup. This is why I asked Esto for any evidence that Snopes was a "liberal" website. Any time I hear that claim (and I hear it over and over and over again) I ask the claimer to cite any snopes story that shows liberal bias that has not been retracted, and the answer is a deafening silence. I truly expected esto to come up with something, because he/she (not trying to be cute, just trying to not make assumptions) is obviously very smart. But the silence is deafening. As far as I can tell, Snopes is just what it claims to be: a fact-checking, urban legend-exposing website.

Manifesto time, in the spirit of SSS's late lamented Charley Reese: I believe Donald Trump is a loathsome excuse for a human being. I believe a large percentage of the people who voted for him actually were just voting against Hillary, similar to my voting against Trump. I believe that Trump is a crook, but that everyone should just cool their jets, and let Bob Mueller do his job. I believe that if Donald Trump fires Bob Mueller, House Republicans should immediately begin impeachment proceedings against him. And I believe that flock is making an honest attempt to reach out here, and I hope that others appreciate it. If we could all just shut up about this stuff for a while, the Bored would be a much happier (and probably quieter, although maybe not) place.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Estonut
Evil Genius

#128 Post by Estonut » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:47 am

mrkelley23 wrote:Yup. This is why I asked Esto for any evidence that Snopes was a "liberal" website. Any time I hear that claim (and I hear it over and over and over again) I ask the claimer to cite any snopes story that shows liberal bias that has not been retracted, and the answer is a deafening silence. I truly expected esto to come up with something, because he/she (not trying to be cute, just trying to not make assumptions) is obviously very smart. But the silence is deafening. As far as I can tell, Snopes is just what it claims to be: a fact-checking, urban legend-exposing website.
I am not deaf to your question, I just haven't had time lately. When I first wrote my post, I had said "liberal-leaning" but lost that text while previewing/testing my link. When I re-entered my post, I inadvertently left out "-leaning." I don't suppose it makes much difference to you whether I said "liberal-leaning" or the stronger "liberal."

Since I posted that last Friday, I've been away on 2 short road trips, so I have (literally?) just driven-by when I could. I will try to collect the links I want and respond to your question some time this weekend. I am not ignoring nor avoiding it, I just want to be sure to take the time to give it the response that it deserves.

I am a "he," by the way.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#129 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:59 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: And because there are a lot of people like bob, who have pretty much taken an oath to oppose anything he supports, and champion anything he opposes regardless of how it affects the country. That is why I called them the disloyal opposition.
You mean like this guy:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2009 ... ama_fails/

Since Trump has taken office, he's pursued an agenda that's been a mixture of personal self-aggrandizement (combined with displays of extreme ignorance, inattentiveness, nepotism, churlishness and other qualities one would think undesirable in a President, regardless of politics) and hard right policies that in my view are or would be harmful to the country. The first set of things he does, like much of the Russian situation, gets constantly dismissed by you and those like you (Hannity et al) as fake news, didn't happen, no big deal if it did happen, the Clintons and Obama were worse, sour grapes, or a post hoc attempt to overturn the election. Rather than accept anything, you instead, while professing to keeping an open mind, instead refuse to believe a single bad word until the Trump team themselves is finally forced to admit the truth. And each time the admitted truth gets worse, you automatically assume that what they've admitted is the worst thing they've ever done. I would think that most people, regardless of politics, would be upset at these things Trump has done. And, to their credit, a number of Republicans like John McCain have and do speak out about these things.

As for the second set of things Trump has proposed, people can disagree about whether Trumpcare, massive tax cuts for the rich, the gutting of regulations for the public's protection, the travel ban, and the Mexico wall are good or bad. That's a disagreement on policy, and in many cases, like Trumpcare, it's not just Trump's personal policy but the agenda of a large part of the Republican Party. The Bobs and I and many other liberals are and will continue to oppose those policies, not because they are Trump policies, but because we believe them to be harmful to the country.

Remember that many opposed Bush in early 2001 (another popular vote loser). Yet his support skyrocketed after 9/11 when I thought he did a very good job of getting the country together under extremely trying circumstances. If and when Trump does something positive, I'll support that as well. But the fact is that he hasn't accomplished anything of note, and the few small things that get done (which were often set into motion by Obama), he usually tries to turn into a personal victory lap for himself.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#130 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:16 am

I do think that a large part of the problem in criticisms of Trump, like those of Obama and Bush before him, are the result of the ease with which technology allows people to communicate with each other today. People had very negative opinions about Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon when I was growing up, and I'm sure Abe Lincoln had his share of nasty critics as well. The difference is that even in my childhood days, the only way that people could communicate those opinions effectively was to take to the streets (and that wasn't conducive to constructive dialogue). The cost of publishing anything other than mimeographing a few copies of something hand typed was prohibitive for many people.

Now, I have a web site through which I disseminate my film reviews (and through which I undoubtedly could disseminate political opinions if I chose to do so), and my total out-of-pocket costs are under $200 a year (other than the cost of my internet service). I wouldn't even have to spend that much if I simply chose to send out tweets or Facebook posts and put a few suitable anti-Trump (or anti-Clinton or anti-Obama) keywords or hashtags in it and have it get picked up and endlessly redistributed by those who think like me.

The difference between the anti-Trump and anti-Obama fringe critics of today and those who thought JFK would turn the US into a Vatican puppet state is that today's people can reach millions while yesterday's cranks would be lucky to reach 100 or so.

BackInTex

#131 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:00 am

silverscreenselect wrote:I do think that a large part of the problem in criticisms of Trump, like those of Obama and Bush before him, are the result of the ease with which technology allows people to communicate with each other today. People had very negative opinions about Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon when I was growing up, and I'm sure Abe Lincoln had his share of nasty critics as well. The difference is that even in my childhood days, the only way that people could communicate those opinions effectively was to take to the streets (and that wasn't conducive to constructive dialogue). The cost of publishing anything other than mimeographing a few copies of something hand typed was prohibitive for many people.

Now, I have a web site through which I disseminate my film reviews (and through which I undoubtedly could disseminate political opinions if I chose to do so), and my total out-of-pocket costs are under $200 a year (other than the cost of my internet service). I wouldn't even have to spend that much if I simply chose to send out tweets or Facebook posts and put a few suitable anti-Trump (or anti-Clinton or anti-Obama) keywords or hashtags in it and have it get picked up and endlessly redistributed by those who think like me.

The difference between the anti-Trump and anti-Obama fringe critics of today and those who thought JFK would turn the US into a Vatican puppet state is that today's people can reach millions while yesterday's cranks would be lucky to reach 100 or so.
I agree. And because delivery and receipt of contrary messages is so easy, immediate, and voluminous, it feeds the negativity in those in disagreement, sort of like fire that is kept supplied with oxygen. As the fire grows the oxygen supply is increased.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

mrkelley23

#132 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:40 am

Estonut wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:Yup. This is why I asked Esto for any evidence that Snopes was a "liberal" website. Any time I hear that claim (and I hear it over and over and over again) I ask the claimer to cite any snopes story that shows liberal bias that has not been retracted, and the answer is a deafening silence. I truly expected esto to come up with something, because he/she (not trying to be cute, just trying to not make assumptions) is obviously very smart. But the silence is deafening. As far as I can tell, Snopes is just what it claims to be: a fact-checking, urban legend-exposing website.
I am not deaf to your question, I just haven't had time lately. When I first wrote my post, I had said "liberal-leaning" but lost that text while previewing/testing my link. When I re-entered my post, I inadvertently left out "-leaning." I don't suppose it makes much difference to you whether I said "liberal-leaning" or the stronger "liberal."

Since I posted that last Friday, I've been away on 2 short road trips, so I have (literally?) just driven-by when I could. I will try to collect the links I want and respond to your question some time this weekend. I am not ignoring nor avoiding it, I just want to be sure to take the time to give it the response that it deserves.

I am a "he," by the way.
Thank you. I appreciate it. I'm having a busy summer, as well. I am aware that the founders of Snopes have a messy personal story, which is something that has been pointed out to me before. What I haven't been able to find are more than extremely rare instances of articles that are not clear examples of fact-checking, with easily followed sources. I would be greatly disappointed if one of the few websites left that I can rely on to be factual is not so.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Buster Snopes
Myth Mashing Merry Man

#133 Post by Buster Snopes » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Estonut wrote:When I first wrote my post, I had said "liberal-leaning" but lost that text while previewing/testing my link. When I re-entered my post, I inadvertently left out "-leaning." I don't suppose it makes much difference to you whether I said "liberal-leaning" or the stronger "liberal."
We at Snopes do not lean in either direction.

The truth is always "self-leveling."
IMPOSSUMBLE!!!!

jarnon

#134 Post by jarnon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 am

BackInTex wrote:But then there is this
Three CNN journalists, including the executive editor in charge of a new investigative unit, have resigned after the publication of a Russia-related article that was retracted.
On Friday, one of the people named in the story, Trump ally Anthony Scaramucci, disputed Frank's reporting and said, "I did nothing wrong."
Scaramucci is the new White House communications director, replacing Mike Dubke who left two months ago. Reportedly, Scaramucci doesn't get along with Priebus (who blocked him from other posts), Bannon and Spicer, but Kushner backs him. Apparently Kushner still has the President's ear despite recent faux pas.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#135 Post by jarnon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:24 am

jarnon wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:The meeting came to light when Jared reported all his foreign contacts in a security background check. It's unknown how the New York Times found out about it.
Kushner is testifying to the Senate in secret, but he released a public statement about his contacts with Russia and his security paperwork.

Jared Kushner's statement on Russia to congressional committees

Trump Jr. and Manafort are expected to testify too.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#136 Post by jarnon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:52 am

jarnon wrote:Reportedly, Scaramucci doesn't get along with Priebus (who blocked him from other posts), Bannon and Spicer.
"The Mooch" is certainly not shy about expressing his opinions, including his spat with Priebus and Bannon. Like his boss, he's a "straight shooter." If Trump was looking for somebody to smooth over conflicts, he got the wrong man.

Anthony Scaramucci Called Me to Unload About White House Leakers, Reince Priebus, and Steve Bannon
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#137 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:08 am

jarnon wrote:
jarnon wrote:Reportedly, Scaramucci doesn't get along with Priebus (who blocked him from other posts), Bannon and Spicer.
"The Mooch" is certainly not shy about expressing his opinions, including his spat with Priebus and Bannon. Like his boss, he's a "straight shooter." If Trump was looking for somebody to smooth over conflicts, he got the wrong man.

Anthony Scaramucci Called Me to Unload About White House Leakers, Reince Priebus, and Steve Bannon
My question is who will SNL get to play him, that's assuming he's still around when the season starts.

mellytu74

#138 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:15 pm

silverscreenselect wrote: My question is who will SNL get to play him, that's assuming he's still around when the season starts.
Don't have the link but check out Mario Cantone's take on him.

jarnon

#139 Post by jarnon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:27 pm

mellytu74 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote: My question is who will SNL get to play him, that's assuming he's still around when the season starts.
Don't have the link but check out Mario Cantone's take on him.

Not bad, but he had to tone down the Mooch's rhetoric so it can be shown on TV.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#140 Post by jarnon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:03 am

jarnon wrote:On Saturday, all the attendees said the meeting wasn't about the campaign. Then on Sunday, Donald Jr. corrected himself and said it was. He has even less skill at keeping a story straight than his father.
If this story is true, he has exactly as much skill at keeping a story straight as his father.

Trump dictated son’s misleading statement on meeting with Russian lawyer

It's from the Washington Post, so it could be #FAKENEWS. (The President's lawyer said weeks ago that Trump had no role in composing that statement.) I didn't expect Trump to moonlight as his son's speechwriter, but he was on a long flight home from Europe, and maybe he didn't like the in-flight movie. This story is already stranger than I could imagine, and it gets weirder every day.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#141 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:30 pm

jarnon wrote:
jarnon wrote:On Saturday, all the attendees said the meeting wasn't about the campaign. Then on Sunday, Donald Jr. corrected himself and said it was. He has even less skill at keeping a story straight than his father.
If this story is true, he has exactly as much skill at keeping a story straight as his father.

Trump dictated son’s misleading statement on meeting with Russian lawyer

It's from the Washington Post, so it could be #FAKENEWS. (The President's lawyer said weeks ago that Trump had no role in composing that statement.) I didn't expect Trump to moonlight as his son's speechwriter, but he was on a long flight home from Europe, and maybe he didn't like the in-flight movie. This story is already stranger than I could imagine, and it gets weirder every day.
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Tuesday said President Donald Trump did “as any father would.”
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#142 Post by jarnon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Sarah Huckabee Sanders wrote:He offered suggestions as any father would.
Jay Sekulow (July 12) wrote:I wasn't involved in the statement drafting at all nor was the President.
These quotes can't both be true. The constantly changing denials make me think the Post story isn't #FAKENEWS. If Don's original statement was a cover-up, then this is a cover-up of a cover-up. My head's spinning.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#143 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:27 am

jarnon wrote:
Jay Sekulow (July 12) wrote:I wasn't involved in the statement drafting at all nor was the President.
These quotes can't both be true. The constantly changing denials make me think the Post story isn't #FAKENEWS. If Don's original statement was a cover-up, then this is a cover-up of a cover-up. My head's spinning.
This is the pattern with Trump.

1) Major news outlet breaks unflattering story about Trump citing unnamed sources.

2) Trump people vehemently deny the story.

3) Trump enablers like Flock start screaming about "Fake News" and "What about Hillary?"

4) Trump or his people explicitly or implicitly admit the particulars of the story are true.

You would think by now that these Trump enablers would have wised up after being used time and time again, but the next time someone posts a link to a similar story here, you'll see the usual response from our own resident Trumpista. I don't count Sean Hannity among these Trump enablers because he's smart enough to realize that he's pushing a line of BS; he also keeps doing it because he knows where his bread is buttered.

flockofseagulls104

#144 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:20 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
jarnon wrote:
This is the pattern with Trump.

1) Major news outlet breaks unflattering story about Trump citing unnamed sources.

2) Trump people vehemently deny the story.

3) Trump enablers like Flock start screaming about "Fake News" and "What about Hillary?"

4) Trump or his people explicitly or implicitly admit the particulars of the story are true.

You would think by now that these Trump enablers would have wised up after being used time and time again, but the next time someone posts a link to a similar story here, you'll see the usual response from our own resident Trumpista. I don't count Sean Hannity among these Trump enablers because he's smart enough to realize that he's pushing a line of BS; he also keeps doing it because he knows where his bread is buttered.
What exactly would you have me do, SSS? I was not a fan of President Obama, but I didn't 'resist' him and clamp on to every little conspiracy story about him. And I pointed out and believe that his actions and precedents paved the way for trump. I am not a fan and never have been a fan of trump, but I am even less of a fan of what the 'news' business has become and the leadership of the democrat party, who I believe is totally morally and intellectually bankrupt.
So should I go out to all those drummed up 'protests' and hold up a sign that says 'Fuck Trump'? Should I share all the Trump conspiracy click bait stories I see on facebook? What should I do SSS?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#145 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Over the weekend, President Trump gave a Twitter shoutout to one of his supporters, Nicole Mincey, a young black female entrepreneur who formerly supported Obama but switched her loyalties to Trump and has a store that sells pro-Trump merchandise. The only problem is that "Nicole Mincey" does not exist, and is apparently an elaborate hoax that's been going on for months. She's also not the only Trump bot out there. "Nicole" has been cited by various right wing websites (see the last cite below) and has even given interviews. Her Twitter accounts have now been suspended.

Flock was right; there's a lot of fake news out there. He's only wrong about the sources.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-twitter-p ... ews-647354

http://www.vogue.com/article/trump-twit ... ole-mincey

http://mobile.wnd.com/2017/05/black-lib ... ump-store/

silverscreenselect

#146 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:54 am

The President's war on leakers has apparently now sprung a leak. This morning, he retweeted a Fox News story from the day before about North Korean missile deployment that cites "U.S. officials with knowledge of the latest intelligence in the region." No other news source has independently verified the Fox story yet. When asked about the story before Trump retweeted it, UN Ambassador Nikki Haley said:
she could not comment on classified information and that it was “a shame” the story had been published. “I can’t talk about anything that’s classified, and if that’s in the newspaper, that’s a shame,” she said. “I have no reason to comment on it. It’s incredibly dangerous when things get out into the press like that,” she continued. “You are not only just getting a scoop on something, you are playing with people’s lives, and this has got to stop. Whatever the leaks are coming from, if somebody thinks they are getting power or fame from it, all you are doing is putting Americans in danger.”
Two observations: (1) If this information truly comes from confidential intelligence sources, one would assume that Trump would already have access to it without having it filtered through Fox News and could have announced it himself if he wanted the public to know, and (2) It's hard to take Trump seriously when he claims to be serious about stopping the leaks and then simply passes them along. Of course, the most likely explanation is (3) Trump has no idea what people may or may not have told him in intelligence briefings and never gave the slightest thought to the possible ramifications before he sent out the tweet.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... orth-korea

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... 93738a19eb

silverscreenselect

#147 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:30 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Over the weekend, President Trump gave a Twitter shoutout to one of his supporters, Nicole Mincey, a young black female entrepreneur who formerly supported Obama but switched her loyalties to Trump and has a store that sells pro-Trump merchandise. The only problem is that "Nicole Mincey" does not exist, and is apparently an elaborate hoax that's been going on for months. She's also not the only Trump bot out there. "Nicole" has been cited by various right wing websites (see the last cite below) and has even given interviews. Her Twitter accounts have now been suspended.

Flock was right; there's a lot of fake news out there. He's only wrong about the sources.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-twitter-p ... ews-647354

http://www.vogue.com/article/trump-twit ... ole-mincey

http://mobile.wnd.com/2017/05/black-lib ... ump-store/
There is apparently a Nicole Mincy, although much else of what's been going on in her name seems to have been fabricated, including the size of Nicole's "following."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner ... .thVy1xXpe

Bob Juch

#148 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:11 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:The President's war on leakers has apparently now sprung a leak. This morning, he retweeted a Fox News story from the day before about North Korean missile deployment that cites "U.S. officials with knowledge of the latest intelligence in the region." No other news source has independently verified the Fox story yet. When asked about the story before Trump retweeted it, UN Ambassador Nikki Haley said:
she could not comment on classified information and that it was “a shame” the story had been published. “I can’t talk about anything that’s classified, and if that’s in the newspaper, that’s a shame,” she said. “I have no reason to comment on it. It’s incredibly dangerous when things get out into the press like that,” she continued. “You are not only just getting a scoop on something, you are playing with people’s lives, and this has got to stop. Whatever the leaks are coming from, if somebody thinks they are getting power or fame from it, all you are doing is putting Americans in danger.”
Two observations: (1) If this information truly comes from confidential intelligence sources, one would assume that Trump would already have access to it without having it filtered through Fox News and could have announced it himself if he wanted the public to know, and (2) It's hard to take Trump seriously when he claims to be serious about stopping the leaks and then simply passes them along. Of course, the most likely explanation is (3) Trump has no idea what people may or may not have told him in intelligence briefings and never gave the slightest thought to the possible ramifications before he sent out the tweet.

Trump has no intelligence.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#149 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:16 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:The President's war on leakers has apparently now sprung a leak. This morning, he retweeted a Fox News story from the day before about North Korean missile deployment that cites "U.S. officials with knowledge of the latest intelligence in the region." No other news source has independently verified the Fox story yet. When asked about the story before Trump retweeted it, UN Ambassador Nikki Haley said:

Trump has no intelligence.
Perhaps SSS would have me make remarkably astute, thoughtful and insightful comments like the one above to show my disaffection with trump.

The above shows that however inane and shallow you might think trump is, there are people who easily out-do him.