2017 Audition List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
henrix77

Re: 2017 Audition List

#101 Post by henrix77 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:49 pm

My daughter took the test, passed, and had two Skype interviews for Kids Week. She got the happy email roughly a month or so ago, but radio silence since then.

triviawayne

#102 Post by triviawayne » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:27 am

henrix77 wrote:My daughter took the test, passed, and had two Skype interviews for Kids Week. She got the happy email roughly a month or so ago, but radio silence since then.
I wouldn't worry too much. They only tape one day for the week (if they only have one kids week this year), and there's still another 5 weeks of taping, maybe a little more.

I'd say 8/20 at the latest that call could come.

ulysses1950

#103 Post by ulysses1950 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:52 pm

TheConfessor wrote:
ulysses1950 wrote:Just thought I'd give an update...I was at the taping on Tuesday/Wednesday (7/25-26). I asked about the taping schedule and they told me they had already taped about 60-70 shows out of 170. They started taping on July 5th. They give the test before the tapings. I know that no one passed the test on the 25th. I took the test (for fun) and passed it on the 26th. Six passed, four men (including me) and two women. They announce who passed during the shows, probably to make sure everyone stays during the long (four shows in the first session) tape day. Surprisingly, one of the passers had left...her friend that the studio was too cold.
They also are doing a Celebrity week for charity. Wayne Newton (the USO) was there and taped his segment. No one seemed to know if they were doing any themed shows. Oh, and it was Chris Harrison's birthday yesterday.
Did you tell them in advance that you weren't eligible and they were okay with you taking the test anyway, or did you decline after they called your name, or did you go through the audition process anyway to see how far you could go before you were detected? The people who work there seem to have very little awareness of the show's history.
They knew I was there since I was there the day before as a +1 (and a couple of weeks earlier as well) so they were ok with me taking the test. I wasn't taking anyone's spot away, they were probably glad they had one less person to interview. And my girlfriend was in the audience at my first +1 and said that three men passed the test and one of them said that he had already played and won $100K earlier in the season. So he bowed out. And they have apparently have administered the test inside Ballys at the Jubilee Theater, at least three weeks ago. And they always have room for audience members...I talked to a fellow from an organization called Spectrum who brings in paid audience members who get paid in cash when the shows are over. At the Wednesday taping there seemed to be about 40-50.

danangel

#104 Post by danangel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:04 pm

So I was held over to Monday, unfortunately due to some back up from special player week taping, which is fine but even more unfortunately my plus one can't make it on Monday, so I'm now arranging for another plus one. If anyone is available and hasn't already been a plus one twice already this season, let me know if interested!

Dan

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#105 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:38 pm

peiboy91, auditioned May 30, :(
Bob78164, auditioned May 31, :)
ghostjmf, auditioned June 5, :(
Steven Sousa, auditioned June 5, :)
marklash, auditioned June 7, :D, taping July 24
goongas, auditioned June 9, passed written test*
popartist, auditioning June 9
DukeOfIllyria, auditioned June 9, :(
jm49, auditioned June 9, passed written test
Agrajag, auditioned June 9, :D, taping July 25
cf1140, auditioned June 19, :(
danangel, auditioned July 18, :D, taping July 31
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Steven Sousa

#106 Post by Steven Sousa » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:58 pm

danangel wrote:So I was held over to Monday, unfortunately due to some back up from special player week taping, which is fine but even more unfortunately my plus one can't make it on Monday, so I'm now arranging for another plus one. If anyone is available and hasn't already been a plus one twice already this season, let me know if interested!

Dan
Do you happen to know which special week it was?

danangel

#107 Post by danangel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Steven Sousa wrote:
danangel wrote:So I was held over to Monday, unfortunately due to some back up from special player week taping, which is fine but even more unfortunately my plus one can't make it on Monday, so I'm now arranging for another plus one. If anyone is available and hasn't already been a plus one twice already this season, let me know if interested!

Dan
Do you happen to know which special week it was?
It wasn't whiz kids. Just celebrity holdovers.

TheConfessor

#108 Post by TheConfessor » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:50 pm

ulysses1950 wrote: They knew I was there since I was there the day before as a +1 (and a couple of weeks earlier as well) so they were ok with me taking the test. I wasn't taking anyone's spot away, they were probably glad they had one less person to interview. And my girlfriend was in the audience at my first +1 and said that three men passed the test and one of them said that he had already played and won $100K earlier in the season. So he bowed out. And they have apparently have administered the test inside Ballys at the Jubilee Theater, at least three weeks ago. And they always have room for audience members...I talked to a fellow from an organization called Spectrum who brings in paid audience members who get paid in cash when the shows are over. At the Wednesday taping there seemed to be about 40-50.
Are people allowed to be a +1 twice per season? Were you actually used both times? Will I see you in Las Vegas next week? I hope so.

danangel

#109 Post by danangel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:11 pm

TheConfessor wrote:
ulysses1950 wrote: They knew I was there since I was there the day before as a +1 (and a couple of weeks earlier as well) so they were ok with me taking the test. I wasn't taking anyone's spot away, they were probably glad they had one less person to interview. And my girlfriend was in the audience at my first +1 and said that three men passed the test and one of them said that he had already played and won $100K earlier in the season. So he bowed out. And they have apparently have administered the test inside Ballys at the Jubilee Theater, at least three weeks ago. And they always have room for audience members...I talked to a fellow from an organization called Spectrum who brings in paid audience members who get paid in cash when the shows are over. At the Wednesday taping there seemed to be about 40-50.
Are people allowed to be a +1 twice per season? Were you actually used both times? Will I see you in Las Vegas next week? I hope so.

Yes, twice per season is the official rule. I'll be there Monday. As will another friend whom I was originally pre-Call going on as HIS +1 but because we are both contestants playing the same day, we can't be each other's +1 now.
Worked out though. I'm now going with the friend from work I tried out with on the 18th, anyway! The +1 adds an interesting element to the game. My first one was very smart but not someone I was actually friends with (friendly, sure but not friends, per se) whereas my alt +1 is more f a friend and even if she doesn't know the answer, I'll feel more like I have a real cheerleader in the audience in her anyway. But time will tell. Just honestly glad that I get to play!

danangel

#110 Post by danangel » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:37 am

Also re: Whiz Kids week, they were still doing auditions for it at least as late as 7/18, when I auditioned here in Vegas.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#111 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:37 pm

danangel, auditioned July 18, :D, taped July 31
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

ulysses1950

#112 Post by ulysses1950 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:51 pm

TheConfessor wrote:
The rule is twice a season...I was used on July 10. I was not used on July 25. I will be back this Wednesday July 2nd.

I can't really say much more than that but I will be at TCONA.

basketball_junkie

#113 Post by basketball_junkie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Bob, I passed all the regular tests (about 30) and all but one of the movie tests.

ohiomathtchr

#114 Post by ohiomathtchr » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:22 pm

First time poster, long time listener.

I auditioned at TCONA this weekend and passed the written test. I was asked about my availability through the 22nd, to which I basically said, "If you want me, I'll drop what I'm doing and be in Vegas ASAP." If worse meets worst, I'm in the pool for the rest of this season and the entire 2018-2019 season.

jascarter1

#115 Post by jascarter1 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 pm

ohiomathtchr wrote:First time poster, long time listener.

I auditioned at TCONA this weekend and passed the written test. I was asked about my availability through the 22nd, to which I basically said, "If you want me, I'll drop what I'm doing and be in Vegas ASAP." If worse meets worst, I'm in the pool for the rest of this season and the entire 2018-2019 season.
Hello - I assume you made it to the video interview?

I did as well (on Friday), and they basically asked me the same thing (I wish i wasn't leaving that night). Have you received an email from them, or any other communication?

If not this season, I just hope the show gets renewed for another season.

ohiomathtchr

#116 Post by ohiomathtchr » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:37 pm

jascarter1 wrote:

I did as well (on Friday), and they basically asked me the same thing (I wish i wasn't leaving that night). Have you received an email from them, or any other communication?

I did not have a video interview. I didn't see any sort of video equipment. Maybe they didn't feel the need to record because we had two total people out of three attendees pass the test. No e-mail yet, but I'm not panicking at this point.

As far as I know, Millionaire has been renewed through 2019. As I mentioned above, the interviewer told me I'm in the pool through the '18-19 season with no use of the word "if", as in "if we have a 2018-19 season."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#117 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:56 am

Welcome aBored! Which day this weekend? --Bob

ohiomathtchr

#118 Post by ohiomathtchr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:07 am

Bob78164 wrote:

Welcome aBored! Which day this weekend? --Bob
Saturday afternoon, around 2 PM Pacific time. Everybody was great, I had a fun time. I had passed the written test twice before (2010 and 2016), but got the "sorry" e-mail/postcard each of those times. Still eagerly anticipating an official response from this past weekend... Here's hoping the third time is indeed the charm!

triviawayne

#119 Post by triviawayne » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:33 am

ohiomathtchr wrote:
jascarter1 wrote:

I did not have a video interview. I didn't see any sort of video equipment. Maybe they didn't feel the need to record because we had two total people out of three attendees pass the test. No e-mail yet, but I'm not panicking at this point.

As far as I know, Millionaire has been renewed through 2019. As I mentioned above, the interviewer told me I'm in the pool through the '18-19 season with no use of the word "if", as in "if we have a 2018-19 season."
Only 3 people took the test????

I wouldn't expect those emails to come until at least after August 22nd due to the timing of this. I'm sure they will take one of you.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#120 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:51 am

ohiomathtchr, auditioned August 5, passed written test

ohiomathtchr

#121 Post by ohiomathtchr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:37 am

triviawayne wrote:Only 3 people took the test????
This year, unlike last year, there were multiple testing sessions at TCONA, 2 if not 3. My group consisted of me, one of the TRASH moderators, and a friend of mine. The friend was the only one of us not to pass the test.

I'm giving it another week. I figure if they want to use me as a player this season by the final tape date of August 22, they'll give me a few days notice, by Thursday the 17th. If worse meets worst, there is next season.

jascarter1

#122 Post by jascarter1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:22 am

I auditioned Friday during one of the taping sessions. There was a group in the audience from TCONA there. I didn't realize they did another audition at the tournament.

I passed the test, made it to the video interview. I didn't do so well on the questions they asked me during the video interview (really hard to think through without seeing the answers), but they told me I had good energy, that's all that matters. Has anyone else who had a video interview missed some of the questions?

They asked how long I was staying in Vegas (I was leaving that night), and if I could come back in the next couple of weeks. I said of course.

I haven't received a :D 0r :( email, so still waiting. I'm a bit frantic, though, as it seems like the :D emails go out right away, and the :( emails take more time. Fingers crossed, though!

plasticene

#123 Post by plasticene » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:53 pm

I auditioned at the first session at TCONA on Saturday. There were maybe 30 people, with two non-passers. My initial interview went great, and I got to do a video interview, which I think went fine, but they didn't ask me about my availability, so I guess it could have gone better!

The video interview was in a room on the next floor. I'm guessing they must have packed up the equipment because the last testing session was so small.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#124 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:10 pm

jascarter1 wrote:

Welcome aBored, and good luck! --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#125 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:11 pm

jascarter1, auditioned August 4, passed written test
ohiomathtchr, auditioned August 5, passed written test