"Heroes" discussion thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

"Heroes" discussion thread

#1 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:40 am

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

F
O
R

G
R
I
N
S

OK, Peter has decided not to learn who he was, yet - not surprising, considering the girl who's involved in this plotline. But he'll be back. Oh, and I figured the tattoo woudn't last; having the last vestige take on the "godsend" symbol was a nice touch.

Question: How many Star Trek veterans are going to be included in the show? We've already seen George Takei (Sulu), now we have Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) and the guy who played Malcolm on Enterprise.

I still think that Hiro will end up being the "real" kensai; putting the little notes in the hilt of the sword was a nice touch.

And we're back to the neck marks. At first I thought maybe they marked a site where some gene-splicing substance had been injected; now I'm not so sure - it may have been a way of injecting some sort of device (RFID) to keep track of the specials. Of course we had to ratchet up the "bad guy" side of HRG.

And where, exactly, is Sylar and why didn't he get the gir's illusion power when he killed her? It probably has something to do with his chest wound - maybe some sort of inhibitor put inside him.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:45 am

My biggest laugh of the night was when Uhura answered the door! :)

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:50 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:My biggest laugh of the night was when Uhura answered the door! :)
When I saw her name in the opening credits I tried to guess where she'd fit in - then when Micah was being sent to live with relatives it made sense that she would be the one.

eyégor
???????

Re: "Heroes" discussion thread

#4 Post by eyégor » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:01 am

earendel wrote:
And we're back to the neck marks. At first I thought maybe they marked a site where some gene-splicing substance had been injected; now I'm not so sure - it may have been a way of injecting some sort of device (RFID) to keep track of the specials. Of course we had to ratchet up the "bad guy" side of HRG.
These were addressed more thoroughly on the official Heroes site on NBC.com, in the graphic novels. It is how the OWI (office w/o initials) tagged the 'specials' for tracking purposes. They used a satellite to track the isotope they injected. According to the novels (which are supposed to be canon) this satellite was brought down by Hana Gittleman (the girl who was with Ted when he met up with Parkman last season.

earendel

Re: "Heroes" discussion thread

#5 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:18 am

eyégor wrote:These were addressed more thoroughly on the official Heroes site on NBC.com, in the graphic novels. It is how the OWI (office w/o initials) tagged the 'specials' for tracking purposes. They used a satellite to track the isotope they injected. According to the novels (which are supposed to be canon) this satellite was brought down by Hana Gittleman (the girl who was with Ted when he met up with Parkman last season.
I guess I'm going to have to give up my sanctimony and go online and look at the "Heroes" site. I've resisted any of the "extras" for various shows because I think a show should stand or fall on its own. But I guess I'm old-school - today's generation needs "multimedia" presentations.

gsabc

#6 Post by gsabc » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am

I'm having trouble with Sylar's surviving at all, especially since we saw that Micah's father died. He was only shot in the shoulder. Sylar was stabbed through the heart, for cryin' out loud!

Too many story threads going on at once, and too much jumping around. Show us one or two an episode, folks. There's not enough of each one to be meaningful, as it's now being done.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

eyégor
???????

#7 Post by eyégor » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:36 am

gsabc wrote:
Too many story threads going on at once.

Death to Heroes version of Nikki & Paulo!!! :mrgreen: