Zimmerman not guilty

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: Zimmerman not guilty

#201 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:35 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Its a trap!
George Zimmerman's girlfriend who called Florida police to say he was breaking her stuff and was brandishing a weapon no longer wants to press charges against him and instead wants to get back together with him.

Zimmerman, 30, who faces a felony aggravated assault charge as well as lesser charges stemming from the incident, is asking to have conditions of his bail modified so he can resume contact with Samantha Scheibe.

According to court documents filed by Zimmerman's attorney Jayne Weintraub, Scheibe, 27, gave a sworn statement in which she wrote, "I do not want George Zimmerman charged."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerm ... d=21153527
If you had a dollar for every abused wife or girlfriend who decided to give her abuser a second or third or fourth chance and eventually regretted it, you could retire.
That's why in many states that makes no difference.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#202 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:31 pm

A painting by George Zimmerman is up for auction on Ebay, and the bidding has reached $100,000.

If we had Secret Santas on this Bored, and I drew BiT, I know for sure what I'd be getting him this Christmas.

http://blogs.ajc.com/news-to-me/2013/12 ... k_homepage
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

themanintheseersuckersuit

#203 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:31 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:A painting by George Zimmerman is up for auction on Ebay, and the bidding has reached $100,000.

If we had Secret Santas on this Bored, and I drew BiT, I know for sure what I'd be getting him this Christmas.

well the MegaMillions is up to $636M
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

BackInTex

#204 Post by BackInTex » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:10 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:A painting by George Zimmerman is up for auction on Ebay, and the bidding has reached $100,000.

It is, for me, the thought that counts. Thank you so much for that wonderful gift!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

jarnon

#205 Post by jarnon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:22 am

Zimmerman has produced a new work of art, based on an AP photo of his nemesis, special prosecutor Angela Corey.
Spoiler
As for his first painting, I expect the buyer will charge BiT a royalty, right after King Inc. send us a bill for all the times we've used the word Candy®.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

franktangredi

#206 Post by franktangredi » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:39 am

I blame global warming on George Zimmerman.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#207 Post by Estonut » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:33 pm

This upstanding citizen is causing trouble again. How long before he kills again or is killed himself?

http://news.yahoo.com/police-zimmerman- ... 38304.html
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#208 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:06 am

Estonut wrote:This upstanding citizen is causing trouble again. How long before he kills again or is killed himself?

I may have to rethink my stance on the death penalty.

BackInTex

#209 Post by BackInTex » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:33 am

Estonut wrote:This upstanding citizen is causing trouble again. How long before he kills again or is killed himself?

I may have to rethink my stance on the death penalty.
Why don't you start with the basics, Innocent Until Proven guilty. Then you can move to more advanced concepts such as punishment.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#210 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:25 am

BackInTex wrote: Why don't you start with the basics, Innocent Until Proven guilty. Then you can move to more advanced concepts such as punishment.
Or, in Trayvon Martin's case, Innocent until George Zimmerman Decides He's Guilty.

BackInTex

#211 Post by BackInTex » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:18 pm

BackInTex wrote: Why don't you start with the basics, Innocent Until Proven guilty. Then you can move to more advanced concepts such as punishment.
Or, in Trayvon Martin's case, Innocent until George Zimmerman Decides He's Guilty.
Guess you'll go to your grave fretting about this, something you know much less about than the jury that acquitted Zimmerman.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#212 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:26 pm

It looks like BiT's role model is in trouble again with the law. George Zimmerman has been arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a weapon. It appears he used or threatened to use a wine bottle on his now estranged girlfriend. He was released on bond two hours later but was ordered to surrender all his firearms. I don't know how that poor, innocent, abused man will be able to defend himself without those firearms.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /21547875/

Flybrick

#213 Post by Flybrick » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:17 pm

The media and liberal jackels (redundant, I know) didn't "get" him the first time around.

Not for lack of trying, justice system be damned.

But they never, ever give up.

This guy will never make a move or a mistake without it being headlines and he is finally incarcerated and pride for those denied restored.

Funny how all the personal life f-ups of many non-media targets never make the headlines, no matter how many years after the fact:

Joe Biden's kid being booted out of the Navy for drug use. Other than very minor coverage, nothing on it or since.

Poor Roman Polanski not being able to indulge his taste for underage American girls. I wonder how many mistakes he's made since then (oh, wait, he skipped his judicial procedures and ran overseas) and we never hear of it.

Al Gore's kid got busted for drunk driving. And nothing since then.

Indeed, poor Trayvon Martin, of the pistol-holding, cash flasing, gang-signing facebook posts was denied his chance to pound Zimmerman's skull into mush. Z'man should've died since he had a lifetime of white-privilege or "white Hispanic" I guess is the the new sub-set of that claim.

Ol' Al Sharpton's rhetoric has caused multiple deaths due to race, ruined careers and lives of dozens, yet he's the Man for this Administration and one minor cable network.

Z'man is fcuked up, no doubt. Was he that way before he had every aspect of his life savaged despite the judicial system finding him not guilty?

One wonders...

silverscreenselect

#214 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Flybrick wrote: This guy will never make a move or a mistake without it being headlines and he is finally incarcerated and pride for those denied restored.
I've made plenty of mistakes in my life. None of them resulted in my being arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, and I'd guess that pretty much everyone else on this Bored can make a similar statement.

O.J. Simpson was also acquitted of murder and for some reason the subsequent "mistakes" he made got plenty of press coverage as well. In fact, the "mistakes" that most celebrities make seem to make the news quite a lot, and most of them aren't nearly this serious (nor is this the first run-in Zimmerman has had with the law since his acquittal).

Trayvon Martin was never arrested for anything and his reputation has been dragged through the gutter by every conservative clinging desperately to the notion that Zimmerman was some sort of wronged nice guy instead of what he is, a trigger happy guy with some major temper issues. Martin was nothing more than a typical immature teenager who posted some dumb things on Facebook, probably like a heck of a lot of kids, white and black.

I guess you wont' be happy until Zimmerman kills or badly injures someone else and then you'll blame the liberal media for hounding him into it.

And, I'd like to know one person whose death Al Sharpton "caused" and just how he caused it. You would think with all those deaths he's to blame for that he would have been arrested and charged or at least sued by now.

I do know one person whose death George Zimmerman caused.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#215 Post by Estonut » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:18 am

Flybrick wrote:Z'man is fcuked up, no doubt. Was he that way before he had every aspect of his life savaged despite the judicial system finding him not guilty?

One wonders...
No need to wonder, Fly. How he "was" is well-documented in public records. This guy has a far worse history than Trayvon. The link below goes to an article that first raises issues with much of the testimony/evidence many people believe as gospel. The article then continues on to lay out Zimmerman's thuggery.

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2013/09/122 ... e-and-temp

BackInTex

#216 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:27 am

Estonut wrote:
Flybrick wrote:Z'man is fcuked up, no doubt. Was he that way before he had every aspect of his life savaged despite the judicial system finding him not guilty?

One wonders...
No need to wonder, Fly. How he "was" is well-documented in public records. This guy has a far worse history than Trayvon. The link below goes to an article that first raises issues with much of the testimony/evidence many people believe as gospel. The article then continues on to lay out Zimmerman's thuggery.

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2013/09/122 ... e-and-temp
George Zimmerman's Criminal History Includes Alleged Violence and Temper
hat were filed against Zimmerman allege acts of violence
Martin Smeared as "Thug" But Violence Alleged in Zimmerman's Past
However, Zimmerman's criminal history and the allegations of past violence and his temperament were kept from the jury,
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#217 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:29 am

There as many allegations that Bill Clinton raped women as George Zimmerman has a bad temper (though no convictions of actual violence as BC has no convictions of rape).

So why doesn't SSS start a Clinton raped women thread?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#218 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:23 am

Flybrick wrote:The media and liberal jackels (redundant, I know) didn't "get" him the first time around.

Not for lack of trying, justice system be damned.

But they never, ever give up.

This guy will never make a move or a mistake without it being headlines and he is finally incarcerated and pride for those denied restored.

Funny how all the personal life f-ups of many non-media targets never make the headlines, no matter how many years after the fact:

Joe Biden's kid being booted out of the Navy for drug use. Other than very minor coverage, nothing on it or since.

Poor Roman Polanski not being able to indulge his taste for underage American girls. I wonder how many mistakes he's made since then (oh, wait, he skipped his judicial procedures and ran overseas) and we never hear of it.

Al Gore's kid got busted for drunk driving. And nothing since then.

Indeed, poor Trayvon Martin, of the pistol-holding, cash flasing, gang-signing facebook posts was denied his chance to pound Zimmerman's skull into mush. Z'man should've died since he had a lifetime of white-privilege or "white Hispanic" I guess is the the new sub-set of that claim.

Ol' Al Sharpton's rhetoric has caused multiple deaths due to race, ruined careers and lives of dozens, yet he's the Man for this Administration and one minor cable network.

Z'man is fcuked up, no doubt. Was he that way before he had every aspect of his life savaged despite the judicial system finding him not guilty?

One wonders...
Shooting an unarmed person takes it to a much higher level of scrutiny. Not being convicted ups it even more.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Flybrick

#219 Post by Flybrick » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:11 pm

As the jury found Mr. Zimmerman not guilty, I believe they came to the same conclusion that Mr. Zimmerman did while having his skull bashed on a concrete sidewalk - mainly, don't bring a thug to a gunfight.

Jusdged by 12 or carried by six.

If Mr. Martin, larger, stronger, and committing violence upon Mr. Zimmerman, had succeeded, would you be salivating to see what further misadventures he gets into all in the hope of him "finally seeing justice served?"

Darned ol' jury and those facts they used...

silverscreenselect

#220 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Flybrick wrote: If Mr. Martin, larger, stronger, and committing violence upon Mr. Zimmerman, had succeeded, would you be salivating to see what further misadventures he gets into all in the hope of him "finally seeing justice served?"

The "facts" that the jury used were Zimmerman's unsworn statements to the police and the arguments of his attorneys. He never told his story under oath where he would be subject to cross examination, nor did Martin have an opportunity to testify.

I think a lot of people who were menaced in their own neighborhood by an angry George Zimmerman and cut off from getting home might have reacted the same way Martin did. Martin was younger and larger; Zimmerman had the gun. It's not clear just how or when he decided to use that gun or if he threatened Martin with it.

There may not have been enough evidence to convict Zimmerman based on the rather slipshod case these prosecutors put on, but that doesn't mean that the trial established anything about what actually happened between the two of them.

BackInTex

#221 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Flybrick wrote: If Mr. Martin, larger, stronger, and committing violence upon Mr. Zimmerman, had succeeded, would you be salivating to see what further misadventures he gets into all in the hope of him "finally seeing justice served?"

The "facts" that the jury used were Zimmerman's unsworn statements to the police and the arguments of his attorneys. He never told his story under oath where he would be subject to cross examination, nor did Martin have an opportunity to testify.

I think a lot of people who were menaced in their own neighborhood by an angry George Zimmerman and cut off from getting home might have reacted the same way Martin did. Martin was younger and larger; Zimmerman had the gun. It's not clear just how or when he decided to use that gun or if he threatened Martin with it.

There may not have been enough evidence to convict Zimmerman based on the rather slipshod case these prosecutors put on, but that doesn't mean that the trial established anything about what actually happened between the two of them.
If only the prosecutors would have had you testify so the jury could have heard all the facts.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#222 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:46 am

BackInTex wrote:
If only the prosecutors would have had you testify so the jury could have heard all the facts.
Trials aren't about having the jury hear all the facts. Trials are the two opposing sides' efforts to have the jury hear only those facts each wants the jury to hear. The winner is usually the side that does the better job of this. Obviously, in the Zimmerman case, the defense did a better job.

By your logic regarding Zimmerman's history of police encounters, we should always refer to Osama bin Laden as a "suspected" terrorist because he was never convicted of anything either.

And no matter what you've got to say about George Zimmerman, I've got a feeling you wouldn't want any of your daughters dating a guy like him.

BackInTex

#223 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:47 am

BackInTex wrote:
Trials aren't about having the jury hear all the facts. Trials are the two opposing sides' efforts to have the jury hear only those facts each wants the jury to hear. The winner is usually the side that does the better job of this. Obviously, in the Zimmerman case, the defense did a better job.

By your logic regarding Zimmerman's history of police encounters, we should always refer to Osama bin Laden as a "suspected" terrorist because he was never convicted of anything either.

And no matter what you've got to say about George Zimmerman, I've got a feeling you wouldn't want any of your daughters dating a guy like him.
bin Laden admitted and claimed credit for his actions. Zimmerman has always plead not guilty, and so far, through all the legal processes he has been found to be not guilty.

You are right about my hope for my daughters. I do not consider Zimmerman an ideal candidate for a son-in-law. That said, I have much higher standards for that position than what I see as being average in our society. That does not make him better or worse than Martin. It, and everything Zimmerman or Martin had done prior to Martin's death or what Zimmerman has done since has no bearing on what happened that night. Only what happened that night has anything to do with what happened that night. And what happened that night was threshed out in court.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#224 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:57 am

[quote="silverscreenselect Trials are the two opposing sides' efforts to have the jury hear only those facts each wants the jury to hear.[/quote]

Wrong. Trials are about the two sides presenting the evidence allowed by law.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#225 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:42 am

Flybrick wrote:As the jury found Mr. Zimmerman not guilty, I believe they came to the same conclusion that Mr. Zimmerman did while having his skull bashed on a concrete sidewalk - mainly, don't bring a thug to a gunfight.

Jusdged by 12 or carried by six.

If Mr. Martin, larger, stronger, and committing violence upon Mr. Zimmerman, had succeeded, would you be salivating to see what further misadventures he gets into all in the hope of him "finally seeing justice served?"

Zimmerman went looking for trouble and found it. His subsequent run-ins with the law have proven he has defective character.