Bad News For The Groupies

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Bad News For The Groupies

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Mazel tov! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

mikehardware

#27 Post by mikehardware » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Congratulations! I'm flashing back about 33 years to when I proposed to my Pretty Person. With all the ups and downs of life, it's so wonderful to share them with your true love. All the best to you both!

Rafferbee

#28 Post by Rafferbee » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Congratulations, Clem! Its so true that when you know, you know! I wish you many happy years to come.

NSAS
Merry Man

#29 Post by NSAS » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:38 am

The Girl From Squirrel Hill, you must be nuts :)

Congrats
Arboreal Machiavellians need love, too.

mrkelley23

#30 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 am

Congratulations, Clem and GFSH. Will she wear pearls? If so, it could start sounding like an old Hoagy Carmichael song.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#31 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:02 pm

He can be taught! Last night in chat, Clem expressed an understanding of the SUITT rule (Second Us In Triumph Team).

Quoting from a SportsFan68 post of Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:51 am:
clem21 wrote:You do NOT get to use "We" for a team you are rooting for in the playoffs. "We" is for your team and your team alone. It's like you're cheating on your Broncos Sprots...What will Ms. Christie think???
Ms. Christie is a married type person, so she understands the Rule of the Second "Us" Team. (If it sounds like I just made up the name, well, yes, I did.)

Once your team goes out, if you are a married type person, you are automatically qualified to cabbage on to your spouse's team as your Second "Us" Team, for the purposes of saying "We this" or "We that" or "Such and such happened to us" until that team goes out, which, upon that happening, you don't have an "Us" Team until next year when we start over.

When the Stillers or Pirates or Pens go out, and we're still in, SteelersFan is a Broncos, Rockies, or Avalanche fan by virtue of the Second "Us" Team rule.

(Later in the thread with BiT's encouragement, I re-named the rule from SUT to SUITT.)

Clem has expanded the rule even further! When you're engaged, you may apply the rule at any time during the season; if doesn't have to be playoffs. Welcome to Stiller Nation, Clem!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#32 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:18 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:He can be taught! Last night in chat, Clem expressed an understanding of the SUITT rule (Second Us In Triumph Team).

clem21 wrote:You do NOT get to use "We" for a team you are rooting for in the playoffs. "We" is for your team and your team alone. It's like you're cheating on your Broncos Sprots...What will Ms. Christie think???
Ms. Christie is a married type person, so she understands the Rule of the Second "Us" Team. (If it sounds like I just made up the name, well, yes, I did.)

Once your team goes out, if you are a married type person, you are automatically qualified to cabbage on to your spouse's team as your Second "Us" Team, for the purposes of saying "We this" or "We that" or "Such and such happened to us" until that team goes out, which, upon that happening, you don't have an "Us" Team until next year when we start over.

When the Stillers or Pirates or Pens go out, and we're still in, SteelersFan is a Broncos, Rockies, or Avalanche fan by virtue of the Second "Us" Team rule.

(Later in the thread with BiT's encouragement, I re-named the rule from SUT to SUITT.)

Clem has expanded the rule even further! When you're engaged, you may apply the rule at any time during the season; if doesn't have to be playoffs. Welcome to Stiller Nation, Clem!

Now Fanny's going to get you for this whole "we" business, and ask when you, or StillersFan, or clem, or the GFSH ever played for any of these respective teams....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#33 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:He can be taught! Last night in chat, Clem expressed an understanding of the SUITT rule (Second Us In Triumph Team).

Now Fanny's going to get you for this whole "we" business, and ask when you, or StillersFan, or clem, or the GFSH ever played for any of these respective teams....

lb13
Yay! Always a pleasure to hear from Fan. :D
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

clem21
Nose Exploder

#34 Post by clem21 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:37 pm

I feel like I said that I would root for them because when GFSH is happy, it's good for me. I still don't think I'd use the term "we" even in that instance and certainly not whilst my team is still in the running...
"Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live..."
-Charles Bukowski

2011 [Bleep]house Rats Award Winner
2011 I've Been Everywhere New England Region Co-Champion

Catfish

#35 Post by Catfish » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Best wishes!
Love,
Catfish

elwoodblues

#36 Post by elwoodblues » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Today is the 30th anniversary of the release of Michael Jackson's Thriller album. It seems appropriate that mikehardware would post in clem's thread then (a reference to mikehardware using clem as a PAF on a question about the album if anyone was wondering). His post was actually last night, but close enough.

And congratulations, clem.

mellytu74

#37 Post by mellytu74 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:06 pm

I thought I'd replied to this when I wrote the TLAF update! Mea maxima culpa.

The Girl from Squirrel Hill!! Sounds like a romantic comedy.

That said, I hope you have a lifetime of joy and laughter, strength and love.

I am so very happy happy for you. Big hugs and good wishes from here.

ghostjmf

#38 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Congrats!

ten96lt

#39 Post by ten96lt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Congratulations! Seems like everyone I know is getting married. My sister now can no longer live in fear lol :P

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#40 Post by hermillion » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Congratulations, and best wishes for many happy years together!
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana