2012 Audition List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ten96lt

Re: 2012 Audition List

#151 Post by ten96lt » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
ten96lt wrote:
nhbuffbc wrote:
OK, I will keep this in mind. I know you're right. Maybe just a few more days of being loony and then I'll follow your advice to a T :).
I'm going to be loony this week then after that I'll relax. I have the iPhone 4 without Siri, but I'm sure if I had it, she'd be saying by the end of the week, "Hey dummy, they haven't called yet, stop checking! I'll let you know when they do!"
You can't be Siri-less! That's the best feature! I didn't know it was an option not to have it.
I have the iPhone 4, Siri came out with the 4S. I'm eligible to upgrade, but I'm waiting for the 5 to come out.

Bob Juch

#152 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 pm

ten96lt wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
ten96lt wrote: I'm going to be loony this week then after that I'll relax. I have the iPhone 4 without Siri, but I'm sure if I had it, she'd be saying by the end of the week, "Hey dummy, they haven't called yet, stop checking! I'll let you know when they do!"
You can't be Siri-less! That's the best feature! I didn't know it was an option not to have it.
I have the iPhone 4, Siri came out with the 4S. I'm eligible to upgrade, but I'm waiting for the 5 to come out.
Oh, never mind!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ten96lt

#153 Post by ten96lt » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
ten96lt wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: You can't be Siri-less! That's the best feature! I didn't know it was an option not to have it.
Oh, never mind!
My brother has the 4S, and I've had some fun with it, but I'll wait till the 5 comes out then I'll have my fun with it lol

Bob Juch

#154 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:01 am

ten96lt wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
ten96lt wrote: I have the iPhone 4, Siri came out with the 4S. I'm eligible to upgrade, but I'm waiting for the 5 to come out.
Oh, never mind!
My brother has the 4S, and I've had some fun with it, but I'll wait till the 5 comes out then I'll have my fun with it lol
I guess I should have said, "Surely you can't be Siri-less." :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ten96lt

#155 Post by ten96lt » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:28 am

Bob Juch wrote:
ten96lt wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: Oh, never mind!
I guess I should have said, "Surely you can't be Siri-less." :P
Of course I'm Siri-less..............and don't call me Shirley! :P

CaptainObvious

#156 Post by CaptainObvious » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Happy card!

*begins floating in the pool with a huge grin on his face*

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#157 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Steven Sousa, auditioned May 21, :(
UniquePerspective, auditioned May 29, :x, auditioned June 5, :(
nhbuffbc, auditioned May 31, :x, auditioned June 7, :)
basketball_junkie, auditioned June 6, :(
tabcourt, auditioned June 7, :x, auditioned July 6, passed written test
goongas, auditioned June 7, :(
Peyton Farquhar, auditioned June 12, passed written test
check2012, auditioned June 12, :)
MarleysGh0st, auditioned June 20, :(
ten96lt, auditioned July 9, :)
AlphaDummy, auditioned July 9, :(
jimdash, auditioned July 9, :(
CaptainObvious, auditioned July 23, :)
Bob78164, auditioned July 25, :(
HAL 9000, auditioned July 25, :x
BuzzerBattleBill, auditioned July 25, passed written test
hanzz, auditioned July 25, :D, taping August 27
smenks13, auditioned July 25, :)
mcraig71555, auditioned July 27, :(
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

check2012

#158 Post by check2012 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Looks like CaptainObvious, ten96, nhbuff, smenks, and myself are all in the pool, and Hanzz has already gotten the call. Congratulations Hanzz!

Out of curiosity, are you guys college students? Just wondering if there are any other college students in the pool on here :) Anyone know the latest on college week this season - is it still a go? If so, would the call for college week come at a different time than the call for the regular show?

Edit:
Found something interesting you guys might be interested in: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com ... 63&st=1500

There, one of the users said:

I was on the show this past season and I had to wait about six months between getting my postcard and getting the call. I had less than 24 hours' notice (I think because I'm local) and it was the second-to-last day of filming. The staff said they have an office where the polaroids of every single person in the contestant pool are taped to the wall and overall the order in which they call you is pretty random. Expect the call any time between next month and mid-November, though there's also a small chance that if you haven't heard from them by then, they'll call you early next season before they start to replenish the contestant pool in earnest.

-

He wrote that July 26th, 2012, so perhaps that's still the protocol TPTB use now? If so, that would mean every one in the contestant pool have an equal chance of getting a call.
Last edited by check2012 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Juch

#159 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:33 pm

check2012 wrote:Looks like CaptainObvious, ten96, nhbuff, smenks, and myself are all in the pool, and Hanzz has already gotten the call. Congratulations Hanzz!

Out of curiosity, are you guys college students? Just wondering if there are any other college students in the pool on here :) Anyone know the latest on college week this season - is it still a go? If so, would the call for college week come at a different time than the call for the regular show?
I can answer your last question: The calls for the show come a week or so before your taping date unless you live in the NYC metro area. College Week would be taped all in one day so everyone would be called the same day. We don't know when that tapes yet, so can't say when the call might be.

ten96lt

#160 Post by ten96lt » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:01 pm

check2012 wrote:Looks like CaptainObvious, ten96, nhbuff, smenks, and myself are all in the pool, and Hanzz has already gotten the call. Congratulations Hanzz!

Edit:
Found something interesting you guys might be interested in: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com ... 63&st=1500

There, one of the users said:

I was on the show this past season and I had to wait about six months between getting my postcard and getting the call. I had less than 24 hours' notice (I think because I'm local) and it was the second-to-last day of filming. The staff said they have an office where the polaroids of every single person in the contestant pool are taped to the wall and overall the order in which they call you is pretty random. Expect the call any time between next month and mid-November, though there's also a small chance that if you haven't heard from them by then, they'll call you early next season before they start to replenish the contestant pool in earnest.

-

He wrote that July 26th, 2012, so perhaps that's still the protocol TPTB use now? If so, that would mean every one in the contestant pool have an equal chance of getting a call.
I am in college and from it appears; you, me and Hanz are the college students, but he's been called for a regular show. No idea on when they would be filming college week (if they do a college week), but my guess would be in September or October to be aired during sweeps. It's best to get your mind off of it now because it will drive you crazy constantly looking at your phone.
I qualified in 2009 when they were doing both the daytime and the 10th Anniversary Special. In the rules, they had a 3 day period when they would call for the prime time shows after they were done calling the phone game contestants. I waited by my phone all 3 days with it on the charger and didn't get called. I then waited constantly in August and September for a call and it drove me crazy before finally taking my mind off it in October. I was never called during my two year stint, so I learned to get my mind off it.

While I don't like to get my hopes up, I have received encouraging words from some people here predicting they won't pass me up twice. I hope that is true, because I figure if they would deliberately keep putting me in the pool with no intention of calling me just to get me to stop auditioning......................they would've done it to Marley and Bob#'s years ago. (Sorry guys, couldn't resist) :mrgreen:

CaptainObvious

#161 Post by CaptainObvious » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm in my 5th year of grad school, but they did specify before the test at my audition that graduate students should note "College" on their answer sheets for consideration for college-themed episodes.

The Baylor University Graduate School office seemed excited for me, so that's good.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#162 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:43 am

hanzz, auditioned July 25, :D, taping August 28
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#163 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:19 am

hanzz, auditioned July 25, :D, taped August 28

hss501

#164 Post by hss501 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:38 pm

You can add me to the list if you'll forgive my lack of specifics. (Don't know if the producers read this board and, if so, whether that could affect their casting decisions.)

Auditioned at one of the road stops this year; passed the test; got the video interview; got the happy card (more than 3 weeks later - must've been about a month). It's my third time trying, including a college try the better part of a decade ago and an adult show tryout a year or two ago. Never invited to the video interview before. Always a sad card. So this is exciting.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#165 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:48 am

hss501 wrote:You can add me to the list if you'll forgive my lack of specifics. (Don't know if the producers read this board and, if so, whether that could affect their casting decisions.)

Auditioned at one of the road stops this year; passed the test; got the video interview; got the happy card (more than 3 weeks later - must've been about a month). It's my third time trying, including a college try the better part of a decade ago and an adult show tryout a year or two ago. Never invited to the video interview before. Always a sad card. So this is exciting.
Welcome aBored!

I need an audition date in order to add you to the List. Good luck on getting The Call. --Bob

MarleysGh0st

#166 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:26 am

Bob78164 wrote:
hss501 wrote:You can add me to the list if you'll forgive my lack of specifics. (Don't know if the producers read this board and, if so, whether that could affect their casting decisions.)

Welcome aBored!

I need an audition date in order to add you to the List. Good luck on getting The Call. --Bob
hss501 may not want to give away that detail. TPTB may be reading, you know!

How about listing him/her as "auditioned on the road"?

earendel

#167 Post by earendel » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:33 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Welcome aBored!

Why would TPTB care about us knowing in which city hss501 auditioned?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ten96lt

#168 Post by ten96lt » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:43 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Welcome aBored!

I'm sure a lot of boardies could be identified with enough research by TPTB, but it doesn't seem to have hurt them as plenty of them have gotten the call. (Like Chad and Drew)

However, I'm sure Marley might beg to differ. :)

hss501

#169 Post by hss501 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:53 am

Chicago, whatever date that was.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#170 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 pm

hss501, auditioned July 9, :)

smenks13

#171 Post by smenks13 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:34 am

I have received a telephone call informing me that I shall tape the show on September the 17th.

I dedicate my performance to the Bored and its members.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#172 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 am

Congratulations, Smenks! We'll be cheering for you. Above all, have fun!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#173 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:58 am

hss501, auditioned July 9, :)
smenks13, auditioned July 25, :D, taping September 17

hanzz

#174 Post by hanzz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:06 pm

smenks13 wrote:I have received a telephone call informing me that I shall tape the show on September the 17th.

I dedicate my performance to the Bored and its members.
Woo-hoo!!! Let's show 'em how the college J! folks do it! (Retroactively, in my case.)
In this town, don't we love it now, everbody's waiting for the next surprise!

hss501

#175 Post by hss501 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Okay, my crazy cat-lady paranoia was for naught. Got The Call - will film Sept 17.