Wedding Blog: BD Squared - 182

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD Squared - 182

#1 Post by gsabc » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:38 am

The wedding cake is set. Actually cakes. BD wants individual cupcakes. The bakery she and GW visited yesterday showed them an example of what they do. The individual cakes will be arrayed on a tier to make them look like a standard wedding cake. Half will be some form of yummy vanilla, all white with gum paste calla lilies on top (those are what the bridesmaids will be holding; real lilies, not the gum paste thingies). Half will be chocolate with roses on top. I will endeavor to take a photo and upload it. The women brought home an example, as yet uneaten. Is gum paste tasty, or merely edible?

The florist interviewed yesterday also was quite nice, and may become the choice simply to avoid waiting for another three weeks for a weekend appointment (our fault for two of the three; stuff already scheduled). Still talking about three grand when all is said and done. Again, in the same range as the others we've checked out.

I need to get prices tomorrow, or maybe today, for blocks at hotels. There were the local hotels at the food tasting, and all were expensive, mainly because it's prime vacation season for Cape Cod at the time of the wedding. The venue borders the Cape, and is within a short driving distance. I don't know if the long-distance attendees can afford taking a few extra days to visit, or even the couple of days at these hotels, at the prices quoted. I'll get some up this way as well as halfway between. All will require car rentals, though those nearby to the venue are a cab ride away if necessary.

Today is the interview with the solo DJ from the place near us. The price is reasonable, and the convenience for meetings and last-minute changes can't be beaten. It looks like this is the place, and the only choice is the owner/duo or this solo guy.

It's falling into place, or so it seems. Anyone got shielding against Mr. Murphy?
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Wedding Blog: BD Squared - 182

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:54 am

gsabc wrote:
It's falling into place, or so it seems. Anyone got shielding against Mr. Murphy?
Murphy is a doofus. I believe in Mother Murphy's Law:

"Murphy's Law also applies to itself. That's why sometimes, somehow, usually when you least expect it, everything turns out right."

The more time you spend in looking for things to go wrong, the greater the chances you'll find things that aren't perfect. Expect pretty darn good, and I bet you will find it!

gsabc

Re: Wedding Blog: BD Squared - 182

#3 Post by gsabc » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am

silvercamaro wrote:
gsabc wrote:
Murphy is a doofus. I believe in Mother Murphy's Law:

"Murphy's Law also applies to itself. That's why sometimes, somehow, usually when you least expect it, everything turns out right."

The more time you spend in looking for things to go wrong, the greater the chances you'll find things that aren't perfect. Expect pretty darn good, and I bet you will find it!
I'm not looking for it, I'm just worried that it will come looking for us! I'm well aware that we are likely to be the only ones who will notice the glitches. I only don't want them to be big enough to be noticeable to the guests.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.