Politician panders over corpses of the dead

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

Politician panders over corpses of the dead

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:04 am

Sen. Kerry Blames Tornadoes on Global Warming

http://www.businessandmedia.org/article ... 70159.aspx

and we just had one of the coldest Januarys in years
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

Re: Politician panders over corpses of the dead

#2 Post by Rexer25 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:15 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Sen. Kerry Blames Tornadoes on Global Warming

http://www.businessandmedia.org/article ... 70159.aspx

and we just had one of the coldest Januarys in years
It doesn't help anyone's cause to make statements like this without any studies. To go around saying, in effect, "I told you so" does nothing positive.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#3 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:40 am

Global Warming causes hotter heat and colder cold. More extremes of everything.

Clouds keep the sun from making it too hot during the day, but clouds at night help keep the residual heat from escaping. Put a hole in the clouds, and the day is hotter and the night is colder.

Then put a hole in the ozone layer. The world gets hotter, then colder. Same deal.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:50 am

minimetoo26 wrote:Global Warming causes hotter heat and colder cold. More extremes of everything.

Clouds keep the sun from making it too hot during the day, but clouds at night help keep the residual heat from escaping. Put a hole in the clouds, and the day is hotter and the night is colder.

Then put a hole in the ozone layer. The world gets hotter, then colder. Same deal.

Sounds more like PMS.... :P

lb13

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#5 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:54 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:Global Warming causes hotter heat and colder cold. More extremes of everything.

lb13
Luckily, I know nothing about that! But I'll come let you know when the hot flashes start. In my case, it will probably be when I'm 100 years old...

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:57 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Luckily, I know nothing about that! But I'll come let you know when the hot flashes start. In my case, it will probably be when I'm 100 years old...

I'll grab a piece of paper and fan at the screen for you.... :P

lb13