Phoenix Suns Trade

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
macrae1234

Phoenix Suns Trade

#1 Post by macrae1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:45 am

Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to Miami for Shaq pending Shaq passing a physical this afternoon
We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

ne1410s

#2 Post by ne1410s » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:51 am

I read that Shaq was on the block. Didn't believe it.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

macrae1234

#3 Post by macrae1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:58 am

Didn't believe Miami would trade him or didn't believe anyone would trade for him. I heard Sheriff Joe Arpaio was looking for a special deputy.

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:04 am

macrae1234 wrote:Didn't believe Miami would trade him or didn't believe anyone would trade for him. I heard Sheriff Joe Arpaio was looking for a special deputy.
That's not entirely out of the question. Shaq is 35 years old and probably on his way out anyway. But given that the Heat suck and the Suns are red-hot, I think Shaq is just a shady opportunist.

ne1410s

#5 Post by ne1410s » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:11 am

I think Shaq is just a shady opportunist.
Well, he certainly creates a lot of shade. Bada bing

tanstaafl2

#6 Post by tanstaafl2 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:26 pm

Marion has apparently been something of a malecontent in Phoenix of late and can opt out of his contract soon. Phoenix may feel they have enough without him and that Shaq, even at less than 100%, can provide a much needed interior presence that he is worth the rental to try for a title this year.

This way they potentially get at least some value back as few teams would want Marions's massive contract either knowing he has an out soon.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

ne1410s

#7 Post by ne1410s » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:37 pm

Didn't believe Miami would trade him or didn't believe anyone would trade for him.
I didn't believe that he would leave So Florida. Figured he would retire first. And then open a free-throw shooting camp.

macrae1234

#8 Post by macrae1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Apparently according to the local gossip the Suns locker has not been a happy place of late. Whether Shawn Marion was the entire problem or not is not known. That given Shawn had a 17 million player option for next year and he felt he was being disrespected by not getting an extension at his current rate. The feeling is he wasn't worth it and after next year when he becomes a free agent he will be lucky to get half his salary from anyone.
After the Lakers trade last week it was felt the Suns needed to get bigger, the Suns heve been getting killed on the boards this year both offensive and defensive. Shaq is not great anymore but he is better than most centers out there and now Amare can be happy playing power forward