B4 Team-Check In

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bixby17

B4 Team-Check In

#1 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:40 am

Week 252

So what is your health and fitness priority this week? (Other than recovering from eating too much Super Bowl stuff).

I'm going to concentrate on getting better. I've been sick for a week and sleeping unwell. Just try to hang in there.

kusch

#2 Post by kusch » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:36 pm

Well, mark me down as being "back" in the B4 group. Long story short, I let myself slip to a point that made me unhappy.

As told quite some time ago my "gym" across the street from the bank closed down and I have not belonged to one since that time. No longer. My wife and I joined the YMCA and will actually get paid $$ to belong. :lol: Starting Jan 1st my insurance company started to reimburse people that belonged to a gym $20/mo provided they use said gym 12 times in a month. Miss the 12 times and no reimbursement that month. Our YMCA cost for the two of us is $62/mo, so we will get $40 of that back from insurance as long as we get there 12 times/mo--which should be easy now but a little tougher come spring/summer. Along with that, Margaret's employer started a new program the 1st of the year. Each employee is reimbursed 35/mo for any expenses related to belonging to a gym--paid quarterly--no min usage just provide proof of payment. So Margaret will get back $31/mo (1/2 of our 62 cost) from her employer making a net gain for us of $9/mo. :D Oh, I would imagine we will benefit health wise by utilizing the gym. :o

And now an addendum. Some of you know of my struggles in the past with the "puffs". My mind is finally right, I just know it because I have been off of them for long enough now to know my mind is right. The time and date that I stopped are of no importance to me, I just said enough is enough and I know this is the time. Oh, urges, ya, but big major hurdles so far (golf coming up again) cleared by a mile. Yes, major weight gain thus the "back" to the gym, which in turn should help with getting back to better eating habits, more so in portion control.

Good to be back, I missed it.

ladysoleil

Re: B4 Team-Check In

#3 Post by ladysoleil » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:07 pm

Bixby17 wrote:Week 252

So what is your health and fitness priority this week? (Other than recovering from eating too much Super Bowl stuff).

I'm going to concentrate on getting better. I've been sick for a week and sleeping unwell. Just try to hang in there.
Hope you feel better soon!

I don't even know what I should pick at this point, other than just plain hanging in there.

earendel

Re: B4 Team-Check In

#4 Post by earendel » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:26 pm

Bixby17 wrote:Week 252

It's the beginning of Lent and I'm looking for something to do as a discipline - it can either be giving up something or taking on something, and I'm leaning toward the latter. Perhaps sneaking out of the office and going down to the wellness room and doing some treadmill work in the afternoons when I'm not going to the fitness center.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#5 Post by AnnieCamaro » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:30 pm

I am an excellent patient. My doctor said so. I am such a good grower of skin that I don't have to go back for two whole weeks!

I can't see what's happening on my back, but my mom says she can see pink skin growing and making the hole in my back smaller. I can't see it, but I know it is starting to feel better. Yesterday, I even felt good enough to give Lizbit a rousing game of whirlaround tag. We hadn't played that since before Christmas.

I won.

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

gsabc

#6 Post by gsabc » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:31 pm

In bed and heading to sleep by ten. Sleep habits are very ungood.

Try not to eat too much at the wedding site's food tasting. We are told that the food is excellent.

Keep out of the kitchen after dinner. Too much mouth-stuffing, and it all has calories.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Ritterskoop

#7 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:41 pm

I have been experimenting with little or no sugar in my coffee, and it's getting where I like it.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bixby17

#8 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:04 pm

kusch wrote:Well, mark me down as being "back" in the B4 group. Long story short, I let myself slip to a point that made me unhappy.

As told quite some time ago my "gym" across the street from the bank closed down and I have not belonged to one since that time. No longer. My wife and I joined the YMCA and will actually get paid $$ to belong. :lol: Starting Jan 1st my insurance company started to reimburse people that belonged to a gym $20/mo provided they use said gym 12 times in a month. Miss the 12 times and no reimbursement that month. Our YMCA cost for the two of us is $62/mo, so we will get $40 of that back from insurance as long as we get there 12 times/mo--which should be easy now but a little tougher come spring/summer. Along with that, Margaret's employer started a new program the 1st of the year. Each employee is reimbursed 35/mo for any expenses related to belonging to a gym--paid quarterly--no min usage just provide proof of payment. So Margaret will get back $31/mo (1/2 of our 62 cost) from her employer making a net gain for us of $9/mo. :D Oh, I would imagine we will benefit health wise by utilizing the gym. :o

And now an addendum. Some of you know of my struggles in the past with the "puffs". My mind is finally right, I just know it because I have been off of them for long enough now to know my mind is right. The time and date that I stopped are of no importance to me, I just said enough is enough and I know this is the time. Oh, urges, ya, but big major hurdles so far (golf coming up again) cleared by a mile. Yes, major weight gain thus the "back" to the gym, which in turn should help with getting back to better eating habits, more so in portion control.

Good to be back, I missed it.
I think that is cool when employers do stuff like that.

And I think it is cool that you are doing this. B4 Team needs you. Happy Kusch is a good thing :D

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#9 Post by kayrharris » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:05 pm

WTG, Kusch. Keep it up! You can do it.

Ellyn, you'll never miss the sugar in your drinks. I can't stand any sweetner in my coffee or tea anymore. I don't drink diet drinks as they taste extra, extra sweet. Good luck!

I'm still exhausted from being overworked from house guests, etc since Thursday. I hope to recover and eat and sleep better this week. I know I only got 3-4 hours sleep each night the entire weekend. Staying up late doing stuff and getting up early doing stuff.
:oops:

I'm still catching up. It may take a while.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin