B4 Team-Check In

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bixby17

B4 Team-Check In

#1 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:27 pm

Week 251

What are you doing this week to help yourself.

Drink more water, exercise regularly, eat well. The normal trifecta.

Ritterskoop

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:56 pm

I keep pledging to swim but have yet to make it happen. I am going to do it once this week.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#3 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:18 pm

I THINK I'm almost over the Death Rattle Cough. I have been napping when Erin naps to combat the fatigue that came with it (except today.) I feel much better, but not particularly energetic yet.

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:48 pm

Stay clam tonight while taking the J! test.

Stay clam while gently pressing BD to gently press FSIL to gently press his superiors to OKAY HIS LEAVE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO START IN TWO WEEKS ALREADY!!! (Okay, clam down.)

Just generally stay clam. As usual, too much to do, not enough time to do it. All high priority items, of course.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

minimetoo26

#5 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:56 am

minimetoo26 wrote:I THINK I'm almost over the Death Rattle Cough. I have been napping when Erin naps to combat the fatigue that came with it (except today.) I feel much better, but not particularly energetic yet.
Oh, that's what I get for thinking. Ha.

I woke up yesterday feeling like someone was sitting on my chest and digging into my right lung with their elbow. The doctor gave me 4 kinds of meds and looked over Erin and put her on antibiotics as well (her ear and throat and sinuses were funkified.)

Funny thing is my m-i-l went and made appointments with both of her doctors today. I guess no one is allowed to be sicker than she is...

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:19 am

minimetoo26 wrote: Funny thing is my m-i-l went and made appointments with both of her doctors today. I guess no one is allowed to be sicker than she is...
Voluntarily making doctors appointments? Would you like my dad to explain to your m-i-l how doctors are all just running a big scam to run up the bills? :roll:

Oh, that's right. Since your hubby is one, y'all are part of the system! :wink:

Sympathy for you and Erin. Hopefully, you're not going to share those germs with your menfolk.

minimetoo26

#7 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:23 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote: Funny thing is my m-i-l went and made appointments with both of her doctors today. I guess no one is allowed to be sicker than she is...
Voluntarily making doctors appointments? Would you like my dad to explain to your m-i-l how doctors are all just running a big scam to run up the bills? :roll:

Oh, that's right. Since your hubby is one, y'all are part of the system! :wink:

Sympathy for you and Erin. Hopefully, you're not going to share those germs with your menfolk.
Yeah, we're all in on the scam!!! :wink:

My husband got sick, and got better. Erin never improved, and I got worse. The boys go off to school and got away from my germy presence enough to stay well, fortunately!

ladysoleil

Re: B4 Team-Check In

#8 Post by ladysoleil » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:08 pm

Bixby17 wrote:Week 251

Still not smoking and trying not to kill my S.O. I imagine jail would be unhealthy for me. I'm doing way better on his diabetes diet than he has, I've dropped about 3 pounds despite going on a cruise last week (aka giant floating buffet table).

Then again, today some kind anonymous benefactor at work filled my candy dish with Hershey's Kisses while I was away from my desk. I haven't eaten them all, but I admit, I keep looking at them. I think I'm going to go plant them anonymously on other people's desks and share the happy. That said, it's cool that I have a Secret Chocolate Fairy. The candy dish usually holds mints and other sugar-free things, but they don't look so good now that they're making out with the chocolate. ;)

Going into Week 4 of the Chantix. It is working, but the side effects still suck. I may not make the full 12 weeks, but in the here and now, the longer I can ride it out, the better my odds are, so I'm sucking it up.

My physical activity sucks, I'm too exhausted to haul my butt to the gym or honestly, to bother with things I'd normally be revved up to do. I need to work on this, but the constant sleep debt makes it hard for me to motivate.

Onward to progress, or something. All of this stuff is for the greater good, or at least that's what I tell myself.

Bixby17

Re: B4 Team-Check In

#9 Post by Bixby17 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:55 pm

ladysoleil wrote:
Bixby17 wrote:Week 251

Still not smoking and trying not to kill my S.O. I imagine jail would be unhealthy for me. I'm doing way better on his diabetes diet than he has, I've dropped about 3 pounds despite going on a cruise last week (aka giant floating buffet table).

Then again, today some kind anonymous benefactor at work filled my candy dish with Hershey's Kisses while I was away from my desk. I haven't eaten them all, but I admit, I keep looking at them. I think I'm going to go plant them anonymously on other people's desks and share the happy. That said, it's cool that I have a Secret Chocolate Fairy. The candy dish usually holds mints and other sugar-free things, but they don't look so good now that they're making out with the chocolate. ;)

Going into Week 4 of the Chantix. It is working, but the side effects still suck. I may not make the full 12 weeks, but in the here and now, the longer I can ride it out, the better my odds are, so I'm sucking it up.

My physical activity sucks, I'm too exhausted to haul my butt to the gym or honestly, to bother with things I'd normally be revved up to do. I need to work on this, but the constant sleep debt makes it hard for me to motivate.

Onward to progress, or something. All of this stuff is for the greater good, or at least that's what I tell myself.
Thanks all for the reports. Especially this one. Know that we are all rooting for you and hoping for the best. Sometimes knowing that others are rooting for you helps when things are a little tough.