Romo & T.O. aren't smiling now

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
traininvain

Romo & T.O. aren't smiling now

#1 Post by traininvain » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:50 pm

How 'bout them cowgirls!
Enjoy every sandwich

Jeemie

Re: Romo & T.O. aren't smiling now

#2 Post by Jeemie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:39 pm

traininvain wrote:How 'bout them cowgirls!
Hope going to Mexico with Jessica during the bye week was worth it.

12 years now without a post-season win for Dallas. And Wade Phillips still hasn't won one either.

Lovin' it!

Now, if only the Chargers can continue a two-year trend in the AFC (2004- Steelers were the #1 seed and didn't reach the Super Bowl, but won it the next year. 2005- the Colts were the #1 seed and didn't reach the Super Bowl, but won it the next year. 2006- the Chargers were the #1 seed and didn't reach the Super Bowl...)
1979 City of Champions 2009

Bixby17

#3 Post by Bixby17 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:59 pm

Everytime the Cowboys lose, an angel gets her wings. :D

Really, I can't think of another team that I get any more happiness from when they lose. I'd feel a little bad about that but for the fact that I had Cowboy fans troll my old blog so much.

Though I know individual Cowboy fans who are good people, as a group they are unpleasant.

Go PACK GO!

TheCalvinator24

#4 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Jeemie wrote:
Tony Romo wasn't the problem today. The O.Line couldn't keep the Giants D at bay in the 2nd Half. Pathetic for a line featuring 3 Pro Bowlers.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:28 pm

Bixby17 wrote:Though I know individual Cowboy fans who are good people, as a group they are unpleasant.

Most are just grown up t-sips. So I understand what you mean.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

TheCalvinator24

#6 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:54 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bixby17 wrote:Though I know individual Cowboy fans who are good people, as a group they are unpleasant.

Most are just grown up t-sips. So I understand what you mean.
Some of us are Baylor Bears. We were grown up long ago.

:lol:
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:04 am

The Giants and Tom Coughlin were criticized for playing their starters all out against NE in game 16, which was meaningless in the standings, especially when a couple of them got banged up. Since then, in the playoffs, they have beaten two teams who have gotten plenty of rest before the game.

Anyone who has seen the Giants knows that a large part of their problems are mental, many of them residing between Eli Manning's ears. They did the right thing going all out. Manning has had three solid games in a row. That drive at the end of the first half (aided by a dumb Cowboys penalty) was one Peyton would have been proud of.

And they set an NFL record, becoming the first team to win nine road games in a row in one season (including playoffs).

Jeemie

#8 Post by Jeemie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:47 am

TheCalvinator24 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Tony Romo wasn't the problem today. The O.Line couldn't keep the Giants D at bay in the 2nd Half. Pathetic for a line featuring 3 Pro Bowlers.
I know. I'm just being (sniff...sniff) unfair to "T.O.'s quarterback" (SNIFF...SNIFF).

Jeemie

#9 Post by Jeemie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:49 am

silverscreenselect wrote:The Giants and Tom Coughlin were criticized for playing their starters all out against NE in game 16, which was meaningless in the standings, especially when a couple of them got banged up. Since then, in the playoffs, they have beaten two teams who have gotten plenty of rest before the game.
I didn't hear anybody criticizing the Giants for going all out in the playoffs.

I heard more criticism for the Colts resting their starters for the finale against Tennessee (a game that still had playoff implications for the Titans) than anything the Giants may have gotten.

If anything, the NFL probably leaned on the Giants to play hard so as not to mess up their showcase event that was being simulcast on NBC and CBS (giving the NFL twice the opportunity to bash the cable companies that won't carry the NFLN on the basic tier!).

ladysoleil

#10 Post by ladysoleil » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:32 am

I'm just happy the Giants won. I am nigh-ignorant of football, but I am from Jersey, after all. It'd be nice to see them in the Super Bowl, but all I know about the Packers is that their fans like cheese a lot. I also like cheese a lot. Perhaps my loyalties are misplaced.

lilclyde54

#11 Post by lilclyde54 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:05 pm

It is a long story about how it happened but from 1961 to the creation of the Saints, the New York Giants were the only team in football that I cared about. Even after the Saints came into being, the Giants were always my second favorite team and still are. It just makes my support even more intense now that Eli is up there.

The Baboo grew up across the street from the college stadium that Brett Favre played his college ball in and is a die-hard USM fan. Of course she thinks Brett is THE MAN. :wink:

Brett is my second favorite QB in the NFL and she is supportive of Eli but something is going to have to give in our household this weekend during the NFC championships. :twisted:
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again