WGA nominations for best screenplays

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

WGA nominations for best screenplays

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:53 pm

"Juno," "Michael Clayton," "The Savages," "Knocked Up" and "Lars and the Real Girl" have received WGA nominations for original screenplay.

"No Country for Old Men," "There Will Be Blood," "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," "Into the Wild" and "Zodiac" have taken adapted screenplay nods.

Documentary noms went to "The Camden 28," "Nanking," "No End in Sight," "The Rape of Europa," "Sicko" and "Taxi to the Dark Side."

I'll bet that Michael Clayton, No Country for Old Men, and Sicko win.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

mrkelley23

Re: WGA nominations for best screenplays

#2 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:57 pm

Bob Juch wrote:"Juno," "Michael Clayton," "The Savages," "Knocked Up" and "Lars and the Real Girl" have received WGA nominations for original screenplay.

"No Country for Old Men," "There Will Be Blood," "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," "Into the Wild" and "Zodiac" have taken adapted screenplay nods.

Documentary noms went to "The Camden 28," "Nanking," "No End in Sight," "The Rape of Europa," "Sicko" and "Taxi to the Dark Side."

I guess I will have to rent "Knocked Up" now. I'd heard good things about it, but if it's cleverly enough written that the Guild nominates it, it must be even better than I'd heard.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

silverscreenselect

Re: WGA nominations for best screenplays

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:00 pm

Bob Juch wrote:"Juno," "Michael Clayton," "The Savages," "Knocked Up" and "Lars and the Real Girl" have received WGA nominations for original screenplay.

Juno will win for Best Original Screenplay and the Oscar as well. Diablo Cody is very hot right now in Hollywood.