Graduation Announcement

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Graduation Announcement

#1 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:29 pm

Lizbit wants some attention, too.

I am pleased to announce that, despite not having any last-minute advice on final exams from Annie, Lizbit passed all her tests last night to become an official graduate of the Intermediate Obedience program at the University of PetSmart.

She was the salutatorian of her class, as valedictorian honors went to her Chow pal, Remy. In the post-ceremony wrestling exhibition, however, she did pin Remy several times, a first.

Her official graduation photograph has not yet been posted on the trainer's web site. I will share it with you when it's available. (If you think dog graduation pics are dumb, consider that fair warning. You are not required to open this thread again. :) )

tlynn78

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:34 pm

Dang, I wish I had attened her alma mater - that post-graduation wrestling match sounds fun!

Congrats, Lizbit. I have a feeling Annie better hurry and get well before Lizbit figures out her 'puter password.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Hooray for Lizbit!

I don't that dog graduations are dumb, but then again, our cats have birthday parties.

KillerTomato

#4 Post by KillerTomato » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Yay, Lizzie!

(Sybil still sits on the bed like a slug (it's her only defense), but I'm sure she's happy for her 4-footed BB.)
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:52 pm

Outstanding Lizbit! Did she eat the mortarboard?
Well, then

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Please tell me she's not wearing a cap and gown.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

mrkelley23

#7 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:55 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Please tell me she's not wearing a cap and gown.
She's not wearing a cap and gown.

$0.05, please.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#8 Post by cindy.wellman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:02 pm

Hip-hip HOORAY! Congratulations, Miss Lizbit!

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#9 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:27 am

mrkelley23 wrote:

$0.05, please.
Lizbit's official graduation photo:

Bob Juch will be relieved to see that she's not wearing a cap and gown. No gown was involved.

Send mrkelley his $.05, please.

Here's Lizbit and her friend Remy doing their "long down-stay," while making puppy-dog eyes at each other.

a1mamacat

#10 Post by a1mamacat » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:25 am

how marvelous. Contrats to Lizbit

Lizbit is a charming young lady, and looks very 'fetching" in her cap...

BADABING!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#11 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:06 pm

She's gotten so big!

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#12 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:15 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:She's gotten so big!
Yes, and she's still growing. I was astounded to see, when Annie came back home, that Lizbit could no longer run under Annie's tummy. (All things considered, this is a good thing!)

themanintheseersuckersuit

#13 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:24 pm

I am duly impressed. I have a High School Diploma, B.S., a J.D. I passed the CPA exam and the Bar exam, but I flunked Dog Obedience School.

Rosie the Irish Shredder and I were politely asked not to come back to class after the first 2 classes.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

CaseyGrrl
Four-Footer

Re: Graduation Announcement

#14 Post by CaseyGrrl » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:43 pm

silvercamaro wrote:. . . I am pleased to announce that, despite not having any last-minute advice on final exams from Annie, Lizbit passed all her tests last night to become an official graduate of the Intermediate Obedience program at the University of PetSmart.

She was the salutatorian of her class, as valedictorian honors went to her Chow pal, Remy. In the post-ceremony wrestling exhibition, however, she did pin Remy several times, a first. . . .
YAY LIZBIT!!! :D :D

I graduated with Honors and Benefits from my Puppy Class!! :D I was salutatorian too!! The valedictorian wasn't very outgoing. :( But Mom says Dobies usually aren't!

I didn't go on to intermediate. :( But Dad's reading the paper! And it says there are agility classes starting!! I can run real fast!! and jump over rocks and creeks!! and run in circles!! and run up logs!! :D

YAY LIZBIT!!! :D :D
WOOF!

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF!

WOOFWOOFWOOF!!!!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#15 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:46 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:I am duly impressed. I have a High School Diploma, B.S., a J.D. I passed the CPA exam and the Bar exam, but I flunked Dog Obedience School.

Rosie the Irish Shredder and I were politely asked not to come back to class after the first 2 classes.
John Grogan tells a story like that in Marley & Me too.

Hey! Did they refund your money?!!!

#16 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:25 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:I am duly impressed. I have a High School Diploma, B.S., a J.D. I passed the CPA exam and the Bar exam, but I flunked Dog Obedience School.

John Grogan tells a story like that in Marley & Me too.

Hey! Did they refund your money?!!!
I was too humiliated to ask for a refund from the 4-H Club. :oops:
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#17 Post by kayrharris » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:32 pm

I don't think you're the only dog owner who hasn't made it past a few dog obedience classes. I've heard several of these stories.

Irish Shredder could tell us a lot about your dog, I suppose. :D

What we won't do for our kids. I am NOT a dog person at all.
Never had one, don't really want one.
I now have the privilege of dog sitting Kelbie, Natalie's Yorkie,
when she is on buying trips in LA.

I've had Kelbie since Thursday. She sleeps with me, follows me everywhere and in fact,
is sitting right beside me
as I type this. I noticed she was smelling like a dog.
I couldn't believe it, but I took Kelbie and
put her in the laundry room sink and
gave her a bath. My first dog bath ever.
She was good, however, she did go right outside
and roll around in the grass.

If she stays here much longer, I may have to get username. :shock:

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

earendel

#18 Post by earendel » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:48 am

silvercamaro wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:

$0.05, please.
Lizbit's official graduation photo:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc25 ... tGrad2.jpg

Bob Juch will be relieved to see that she's not wearing a cap and gown. No gown was involved.

Send mrkelley his $.05, please.

Here's Lizbit and her friend Remy doing their "long down-stay," while making puppy-dog eyes at each other.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc25 ... itRemy.jpg
I couldn't understand why I couldn't see the pictures until I quoted the message and realized that they were actually URLs to photobucket.com. So I've added the URL tag.

That didn't help because evidently that site is blocked so I'll have to see them at home.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#19 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:01 am

earendel wrote:
I couldn't understand why I couldn't see the pictures until I quoted the message and realized that they were actually URLs to photobucket.com. So I've added the URL tag.

That didn't help because evidently that site is blocked so I'll have to see them at home.
I don't know what you see. On my screen, the photos are visible within the post.

earendel

#20 Post by earendel » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:51 am

silvercamaro wrote:
earendel wrote:

I don't know what you see. On my screen, the photos are visible within the post.
That's just it - I don't see anything. But when I quote the message, I see an "img" tag followed by a Web address. By making the "img" into a "url" I can click the link to go to photobucket (or I could if the site weren't blocked). This isn't the first time this has happened to me - other people have posted pictures that don't show up, for the same reason. So it must be some sort of setting that is causing the problem.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

mrkelley23

#21 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:54 am

My work firewall does the same thing -- it's similar to what happens in an email when your anti-spam software kicks in. Your work is blocking "remote images" which is what these are. I can see them at home, can't see them at work.

I think if the images are saved to the user's home computer, thenposted using that link, I can see them. But photobucket and flickr are blocked, for what are semi-obvious reasons.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#22 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:08 am

mrkelley23 wrote: I think if the images are saved to the user's home computer, thenposted using that link, I can see them. But photobucket and flickr are blocked, for what are semi-obvious reasons.
That's good to know. I have been using Photobucket because that site permits resizing of a photo for a specific purpose, without permanently shrinking or altering my original. (The first time I tried it, it was because the picture I tried to paste directly from my computer was enormous.)

I will experiment with other approaches in the future.

ladysoleil

#23 Post by ladysoleil » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:29 am

silvercamaro wrote:
Aww! Congrats to Lizbit! (Remy is a cutie too!)

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#24 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:10 am

If I've ever seen a brief paragrah that belonged on a game show audition sheet, it would be this one.

#25 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:31 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
If I've ever seen a brief paragrah that belonged on a game show audition sheet, it would be this one.
I'm pretty sure I tried that one at least one. But thanks for the suggestion
Suitguy is not bitter.