Annie Bananie

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Annie Bananie

#1 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Finally, the veterinary surgeon called. She says Annie is much, much better. The swelling in her leg is gone, more of her drainage tubes have been removed, and they have started the Let's-Make-Skin-Grow process. (I can't describe it. I will ask more questions when I see Annie tomorrow.) I have been assured that I will be pleasantly surprised at how good she looks. I get to pick her up tomorrow afternoon to bring her home for the weekend. :D :lol: :D

The surgeon also said, and this is as direct a quote as I can manage, "She is a wonderful dog! She has been so good-natured, and she's the most cooperative dog we've ever seen. She lets us do whatever we need without any fussing at all."

Of course. She has experience. If she had her laptop, she'd be sending interoffice memos with helpful suggestions for the entire staff, and she'd be telling all of you (or all y'all) about it herself.

fuzzywuzzy

Re: Annie Bananie

#2 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:17 pm

silvercamaro wrote:Finally, the veterinary surgeon called. She says Annie is much, much better. The swelling in her leg is gone, more of her drainage tubes have been removed, and they have started the Let's-Make-Skin-Grow process. (I can't describe it. I will ask more questions when I see Annie tomorrow.) I have been assured that I will be pleasantly surprised at how good she looks. I get to pick her up tomorrow afternoon to bring her home for the weekend. :D :lol: :D

The surgeon also said, and this is as direct a quote as I can manage, "She is a wonderful dog! She has been so good-natured, and she's the most cooperative dog we've ever seen. She lets us do whatever we need without any fussing at all."

This is the BEST news of the day! Yeah Annie! :D

fuzzy 8)
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:21 pm

silvercamaro wrote:Finally, the veterinary surgeon called. She says Annie is much, much better. The swelling in her leg is gone, more of her drainage tubes have been removed, and they have started the Let's-Make-Skin-Grow process. (I can't describe it. I will ask more questions when I see Annie tomorrow.) I have been assured that I will be pleasantly surprised at how good she looks. I get to pick her up tomorrow afternoon to bring her home for the weekend. :D :lol: :D

Of course. She has experience. If she had her laptop, she'd be sending interoffice memos with helpful suggestions for the entire staff, and she'd be telling all of you (or all y'all) about it herself.
Yeah! I am so happy that she is doing better!

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Thanks for the terrific update, Shiny!

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

ghostjmf

#5 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:27 pm

Wag wag wag wag Annie!

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#6 Post by Rexer25 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:30 pm

Sliv,

I'm glad the news on Annie is good, and I hope that she gets to come home and stay home soon.

But, I must take exception to your title. My Annie has been Annie Bananie since the day we brought her home. She semi-inherited this title from her aunt, Jana Banana, and carried it proudly until she realized that children can get embarrassed by their parents. Still, she will be the only Annie Bananie I know.

And we both hope the other brown-eyed Annie is all healed and posting again soon.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

mrkelley23

#7 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:30 pm

Dare I say it?

W00t!

W00t!

You go, Anniegrrrl!
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

christie1111
11:11

#8 Post by christie1111 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:39 pm

This is great news!

I hope her card gets to her in time for her visit home this weekend.

Is she still coming home for a visit?
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#9 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:43 pm

Rexer25 wrote:But, I must take exception to your title. My Annie has been Annie Bananie since the day we brought her home. She semi-inherited this title from her aunt, Jana Banana, and carried it proudly until she realized that children can get embarrassed by their parents. Still, she will be the only Annie Bananie I know.
Rexer, I do apologize for using your daughter's name. My Annie also has been known as Anna Banana, Little Annie Fannie, Orphan Annie, Annabelle, Queen Anne, Damn Dog (although not for a very long time), Baby Girl, Beauty Girl and -- before she came to live with me -- Gladys. She takes the old and classic position of "I don't care what you call me as long as you call me for dinner."

Those brown-eyed, long-legged girls just keep on turning up things they have in common.

KillerTomato

#10 Post by KillerTomato » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:45 pm

On a day when I needed some good news (I am as sick as a...um....never mind!), this made me smile more than anything.

Gentle scritches to sweet Annie!

(Sybil would send her best wishes Okie-way, too, if she cared enough to get off my bed and give a damn about anything.)
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

ne1410s

#11 Post by ne1410s » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Great news, sliv!!

I can't decide for whom I am happier...
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Yippee! This is wonderful! And if Artie the Psychocat were there she'd rub her fuzzy horny little body all over Annie! (Because she's desperate.)
Well, then

NellyLunatic1980

#13 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:55 pm

Get back here as soon as you can, Annie! (Not just cuz we miss you, but cuz the next gerbil hunt is about to start.)

Ritterskoop

#14 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:03 pm

Wonderful news! Annie is amazing, and it is nice to think our faith has helped in a small way.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

earendel

#15 Post by earendel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:07 pm

That's wonderful news, silver!
silvercamaro wrote:Of course. She has experience. If she had her laptop, she'd be sending interoffice memos with helpful suggestions for the entire staff, and she'd be telling all of you (or all y'all) about it herself.
Dare we hope for some direct communcation from her while she's on her visit home?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#16 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:12 pm

earendel wrote:
Dare we hope for some direct communcation from her while she's on her visit home?
That's up to her and how she feels, naturally, but I will be surprised if she didn't have a little sumpin-sumpin to say. She's been without her computer for almost a week-and-a-half. The urge to post probably has been building up in her like air pressure in an over-inflated tire.

Tocqueville3

#17 Post by Tocqueville3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:29 pm

Awesome news!!

Have a wonderful weekend with Annie.

traininvain

#18 Post by traininvain » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:03 pm

Great news!

Give her a big hug & kiss from me.
Enjoy every sandwich

mellytu74

#19 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Annie! Annie! Annie!!

geoffil

#20 Post by geoffil » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:24 pm

That is great news! She had us all worried for a while. Can you post a picture for us?

themanintheseersuckersuit

#21 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Double plus good
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#22 Post by kayrharris » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:47 pm

Yay for Annie! We already knew she was a model patient.

Enjoy every single second of her time home. Get well wishes still coming from me on a daily basis.

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#23 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:34 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rin Tin Tin, Underdog and Lassie got nothin' on our Annie!!!
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

ontellen
FNGD Forum Moderator

#24 Post by ontellen » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:40 am

Eddie the Wonder Cat who was missing in action for a whole week in 2005 and came home to us at 4 in the morning says "We can survive anything you throw at us!"

After nearly going out of our minds for a week, I know how you feel at the prospect of losing a pet.

Yay for Annie!