I found a shiny bracelet.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

I found a shiny bracelet.

#1 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:02 am

After Christmas, when I was folding up gift bags and throwing away tissue paper, I found a nice piece of costume jewelry tangled in some of the tissue. My first thought was that it might be a gift that I had overlooked. My second thought was that it might have fallen off the wrist of Isabella's mom while she was wrapping. I put it on a shelf and intended to call later that night.

Instead, that night was taken up with Annie's adventures in surgery. Let us say I was distracted. The bracelet left my mind.

Last night, my son called me. I remembered about the bracelet and told him I had it. He nearly screamed over the phone.

Turns out that the bracelet was lost by Isabella's other grandmother. It was not a lovely piece of costume jewelry. It is a diamond bracelet -- with a lot of diamonds. She is very happy today.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:36 am

You didn't happen to find a red leather Coach CD case full of gift cards. I can't see me to find it. :(

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:37 am

I like happy endings and very glad you found it and it dint get thrown away with all the tissue and wrapping paper.

I watch very carefully now especially with the new gift cards that look like a credit card. We almost threw away two $200 American Eagle cards last Christmas. We missed them and started looking through the wrapping paper and tissue and found them.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#4 Post by Rexer25 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:38 am

The last time I was in the Norman area, I dropped a attache case with approximately $250,000 in it. Have you seen it anywhere?

BTW, Finder's reward.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:13 pm

Everyone should be doing the happy dance.

I am.

I have lost important jewelry and found it.

I got the same rush when I read this post.

christie1111
11:11

#6 Post by christie1111 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:42 pm

After Thanksgiving I found a pair of glasses at the base of a pretty mum plant I was given by my step-mother. The plant had started to fade and the leaves drooped and then the glasses could be seen in the plant.

Turns out they were my step mothers and she had no idea where they had gotten to.

Okay, not a diamond bracelet, but still......
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:50 pm

christie1111 wrote:After Thanksgiving I found a pair of glasses at the base of a pretty mum plant I was given by my step-mother. The plant had started to fade and the leaves drooped and then the glasses could be seen in the plant.

Turns out they were my step mothers and she had no idea where they had gotten to.

No, but this story is more humorous. "Where shall I set down my glasses? How about over here in this potted plant?" :lol:

BTW, very nice about the shiny bracelet, Shiny Car! :)

christie1111
11:11

#8 Post by christie1111 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:42 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
christie1111 wrote:After Thanksgiving I found a pair of glasses at the base of a pretty mum plant I was given by my step-mother. The plant had started to fade and the leaves drooped and then the glasses could be seen in the plant.

No, but this story is more humorous. "Where shall I set down my glasses? How about over here in this potted plant?" :lol:

BTW, very nice about the shiny bracelet, Shiny Car! :)
What she thinks happened is that she was leaning over the plants trying to decide which one to take and the glassed slipped of her shirt. Good thing she picked up the right pot!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"