Article about upcoming SyndieBAM contestant

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

Article about upcoming SyndieBAM contestant

#1 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:25 am

Gosh, it seems like a long time since I posted one of these! :wink:

Laura Miller enters the Hot Seat today.

http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/ne ... 6046&rfi=6
A 31-year-old special education teacher from Lake Ariel, Laura, Trisha reports, “has slowly been renovating her house for the past four years. She was in the middle of buying furniture when she got the call from “Millionaire.’’ In fact, she had just given her credit card information to pay for her first “furniture shopping spree.” Her first thought when she got the call — “now I can pay for this!”
She made it onto the show two months after an audience audition in July.

earendel

Re: Article about upcoming SyndieBAM contestant

#2 Post by earendel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:35 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Gosh, it seems like a long time since I posted one of these! :wink:

Laura Miller enters the Hot Seat today.

http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/ne ... 6046&rfi=6
A 31-year-old special education teacher from Lake Ariel, Laura, Trisha reports, “has slowly been renovating her house for the past four years. She was in the middle of buying furniture when she got the call from “Millionaire.’’ In fact, she had just given her credit card information to pay for her first “furniture shopping spree.” Her first thought when she got the call — “now I can pay for this!”
She made it onto the show two months after an audience audition in July.
"Now I can pay for this" only if you win some serious money, Laura. We'll have to wait and see how it goes.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

Re: Article about upcoming SyndieBAM contestant

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:39 am

earendel wrote:"Now I can pay for this" only if you win some serious money, Laura. We'll have to wait and see how it goes.
Indeed! And it's never a good idea to start a shopping spree you can't pay for, Laura.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:39 am

She's probably jinxed herself.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:02 pm

I just watched today's show on a TiVo delay because I was on the phone during the first ten minutes.
Spoiler
Four HSers in one day?! Maybe it's me, but the low-value questions seemed very hard today.

I even had trouble with Laura's $16K question. I usually let my computer figure that out.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

peacock2121

#6 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Spoiler
Must be a bad day for BobJuch and a good day for me. I thought the questions they got wrong were easy. I thought they were all easy.

I rolled my eyes a bit today.

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:10 pm

peacock2121 wrote:
Spoiler
Must be a bad day for BobJuch and a good day for me. I thought the questions they got wrong were easy. I thought they were all easy.

Spoiler
I didn't say I didn't know the answers, just that they seemed harder than usual.

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

#8 Post by etaoin22 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:17 pm

peacock2121 wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler
I'm more on on Pea's side, although there was one pre-1K question which stumped me. On the other hand......

If you don't eat your meat, how can you have your pudding?

If you don't know the answer, why don't you use a lifeline?

Even better, use two.

I got distracted by the second answer on the last question of the fourth contestant, and probably would not have used a lifeline.

And that would be a very easily done bye-bye.