No longer need help remembering a sweepstakes

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

No longer need help remembering a sweepstakes

#1 Post by gsabc » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:28 am

I found a sweepstakes late last week that I wanted to enter, but didn't officially start until today (1/7/08). My mind is so full that I've not only forgotten the sweepstakes name, I've forgotten the prizes that looked so good, since I don't enter very many these days. Do any of our other resident sweepstakers know of such a sweeps? I think the deadline is the end of March, and it's one entry per day. Thanks.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste ...
Last edited by gsabc on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:45 am

So the only detail you remember is that it starts today? That's not much to go on.

Someone mentioned the HGTV sweepstakes for that uber-expensive house that nobody can afford to live in, but I had the impression that had already started.

Bob Juch

Re: Need help remembering a sweepstakes

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:03 am

gsabc wrote:I found a sweepstakes late last week that I wanted to enter, but didn't officially start until today (1/7/08). My mind is so full that I've not only forgotten the sweepstakes name, I've forgotten the prizes that looked so good, since I don't enter very many these days. Do any of our other resident sweepstakers know of such a sweeps? I think the deadline is the end of March, and it's one entry per day. Thanks.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste ...
Check your Browsing History.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:11 am

Browsing history is trashed daily, so that's no help.

As I typed this, I suddenly remembered where I saw it. It's from "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter", advertised on their packaging that I saw grocery shopping this weekend. AND I remembered that I stuffed my note on it into my coat pocket. The website is NowYouKnowBetter.com. It was purported to be a "game show" thing, which is what caught my eye.

As far as the HGTV Dream Home goes, I prefer this one. The only (?) drawback is that it's not an oceanfront property:
http://www.boston.com/realestate/news/a ... e_of_mind/

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:17 am

The site still has a "Coming Soon" sign up, though today is definitely the start date. GP is $1MM, with some good instant win prizes.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:55 pm

Now it says, "Come back soon," instead of "starting 1/7".
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.