Transcript 10/12-07--Kasey Miklik

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 10/12-07--Kasey Miklik

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:01 am

Kasey Miklik
Minneapolis MN
Aide in early childhood special ed, usher in a concert hall and a full time student studying art.

Which of these sports franchises shares its name with a type of animal that by definition, is not yet fully mature?

A. Detroit Tigers
B. Philadelphia Eagles
C. Chicago Cubs
D. Minnesota Tweens

Which of these terms appears in the dictionary as an adjective meaning "very dry"?

A. Bone-dry
B. Hair-dry
C. Skin-dry
D. Tooth-dry

In the US, a car's "zero-to-sixty" time is a measure of the car's what?

A. Top speed
B. Braking time
C. Gas mileage
D. Acceleration

In American Sign Language, what word is being signed when a person traces an index finger down their cheek?

A. Drink
B. Talk
C. Cry
D. Listen

The British often take a coffee or tea break aptly known as the "elevenses" at what time of day?

A. Early evening
B. Sunrise
C. Midafternoon
D. Late morning

Kasey says he believes that is C and makes that his final answer. Kasey goes home with zero money.

100-C-Cubs
200-A-bone
300-D-acceleration
500-C-cry
1000-D-late morning

earendel

Re: Transcript 10/12-07--Kasey Miklik

#2 Post by earendel » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:21 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Kasey Miklik
Minneapolis MN
Aide in early childhood special ed, usher in a concert hall and a full time student studying art.
I admire his work with special education students, but he might want to rethink his major - not much money to be made in art.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:1000
The British often take a coffee or tea break aptly known as the "elevenses" at what time of day?

A. Early evening
B. Sunrise
C. Midafternoon
D. Late morning
I thought Kasey might have seen the LOTR movies - one of the "younger" hobbits (Pippin, I think), mentions that hobbits like to eat six meals a day, one of which is "elevenses" which occurs after "second breakfast" and before "lunch". I think Kasey was guilty of nerves and didn't focus on the right part of the question.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

NellyLunatic1980

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:26 am

Ouch. The first llama of the season.

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:00 am

This guy was a little bit on the shy, awkward side. I was thrilled when I saw he was selected as a contestant and had hope for others who might appear to have the same characteristic. It made it sad for me when he llamaed.

llamad? llamaed? ! I made up a word.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:12 am

peacock2121 wrote:This guy was a little bit on the shy, awkward side. I was thrilled when I saw he was selected as a contestant and had hope for others who might appear to have the same characteristic. It made it sad for me when he llamaed.

llamad? llamaed? ! I made up a word.
I wonder if Andean ungulates who have difficulty nursing their young are urged to take Llamaze classes.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:14 pm

peacock2121 wrote:This guy was a little bit on the shy, awkward side. I was thrilled when I saw he was selected as a contestant and had hope for others who might appear to have the same characteristic. It made it sad for me when he llamaed..
The APs are more tolerant of shy nerds when they're college students. And art is a close cousin to What Else.
peacock2121 wrote:llamad? llamaed? ! I made up a word.
No, I'm pretty sure we've used turned llama into a verb before.

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:03 am

silvercamaro wrote:I wonder if Andean ungulates who have difficulty nursing their young are urged to take Llamaze classes.
I thought Lamaze (or Llamaze) classes were for expectant parents, to help them through labor and delivery.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#8 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:31 am

earendel wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:I wonder if Andean ungulates who have difficulty nursing their young are urged to take Llamaze classes.
I thought Lamaze (or Llamaze) classes were for expectant parents, to help them through labor and delivery.
You are absolutely correct. In my zeal to create a bad pun, I temporarily confused Lamaze with La Leche -- or Lla Lleche.

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:53 am

Obviously, 11:00 on the east coast is 4:00 pm in England, so he translated the expression into British time before he gave his answer.

ghostjmf

#10 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:52 pm

Sad sad sad sad sad.

What part of "late afternoon" has the clock time "11" in it?