Amazing -- Cox Cable

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Amazing -- Cox Cable

#1 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:10 pm

The tree guys somehow knocked out the cable and, more importantly, my internet connection yesterday. I requested a repair call and was told that Monday after 1 p.m. was the earliest possible time. I thought that was pretty great, since I've heard of waits of up to a week. This afternoon, I went to the first Gridiron Show rehearsal in OKC. When I came back, a cable guy was waiting for me -- a good 20-24 hours earlier than expected. He fixed everything.

I will not complain about my bill this month.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:23 pm

Did somebody say Gridiron?

What are those dates again? I must start making plans. Hermillion is available that weekend as well, I think. I can't believe it's almost been a year already.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

TheCalvinator24

#3 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:26 pm

Yes, when is the show? If I'm not in the middle of my rehearsals/run of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, I might make a run North.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#4 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:14 pm

This year's show dates are Wednesday, Feb. 20; Friday, Feb. 22, and Saturday, Feb. 23.

Whatever show the governor attends usually turns out to be the best show of the run (because he and other officials do cameos), but he has not yet committed to any particular evening.

Everybody's invited. Cal, if it looks promising for you, let me know. Tickets are a pricey (to me) $25, but all proceeds go to journalism scholarships.

I don't have any "big name" roles, nor a repetition of my Rock Star Moment of last year, but I have some occasional lines and three songs. That's of today, of course. The show keeps getting rewritten during the primaries and as other major news events take place. Last year, one scene was rewritten between the final dress rehearsal and the first show.
(That was because some in-the-news figure died, or quit, or was indicted.)

TheCalvinator24

#5 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:53 pm

The only one I could come to would be the Wednesday show, and that would be tough with my work schedule.

Maybe next year.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#6 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:00 pm

TheCalvinator24 wrote:The only one I could come to would be the Wednesday show, and that would be tough with my work schedule.

Maybe next year.
Fair enough. We'll keep you posted for 2009.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#7 Post by kayrharris » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:44 pm

I've been to three of them. They are very entertaining and well done.
I don't know all that much about Oklahoma politics, but it's not hard to figure out what's going on. It's a fun time for all.

Now if the weather will just cooperate. Ice and snow have been the norm the past couple of years.

A mini-fest in the workings....I'm calling bbk right away.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin