Getting on a Game Show!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

#26 Post by gsabc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:37 am

Shade wrote:I recently entered myself, my mother and my brother into a contest to win 1000 dollars, my brother won. 1000 Dollars is good money but it really isn't much.
Hey, I still think $1000 is a good prize, just not the one I'm looking for on 'BAM. In many other venues, it's more than acceptable. It's all relative.

There once was a time, though ... Personal anecdote warning.

Very soon after my WoF shows, where I'd won a nice chunk of change, I got one of those sweepstakes affadavits, saying I'd won second prize in a sweepstakes, get this signed and notarized and send it back and we'll send you the prize. Legitimate - I was entering sweeps regularly at the time. But the letter didn't say what the prize was. I dug through my files afterwards, and discovered that second prize in this one-entry-per-person sweeps was $1000. Very nice. But then I turned to GW and said, "When else in my life would I be so little excited from winning $1000?" Like I said, it's all relative.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Catfish

#27 Post by Catfish » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:03 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:You can't go in to an audition with an attitude of entitlement, like they are missing something if they don't pick you. You have to market yourself and treat the audition like a job interview. You have to be engaging, but not obnoxious. You have to want to be on the show, but not be desperate.
PSM is wise.

Shade, make this your mantra.
Catfish

fantine33

#28 Post by fantine33 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:30 am

gsabc wrote:Very soon after my WoF shows, where I'd won a nice chunk of change, I got one of those sweepstakes affadavits, saying I'd won second prize in a sweepstakes, get this signed and notarized and send it back and we'll send you the prize. Legitimate - I was entering sweeps regularly at the time. But the letter didn't say what the prize was. I dug through my files afterwards, and discovered that second prize in this one-entry-per-person sweeps was $1000. Very nice. But then I turned to GW and said, "When else in my life would I be so little excited from winning $1000?" Like I said, it's all relative.
A few years ago, I won $5 on a jackpot spin on Pogo (a game site). I was SO excited. I carried on and called my mom and carried on about it. She couldn't figure WHY I was so jazzed about five bucks. I even made a copy of the check before I cashed it so I could put it in a scrapbook page.

About 6 months later I convinced her to give Pogo a try. Now, she understands. Ha!

Shade

#29 Post by Shade » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:46 pm

I agree, I think it's exciting to win anything no matter how big or small. I think the bigger the prize the more excited I'd be though :D

thguy65

#30 Post by thguy65 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:08 pm

If you want to try getting on a decent reality show, "The Mole" is coming back to ABC
Keep an eye out at this websitefor future information
Tim H.

- My other computer is Image

plasticene

#31 Post by plasticene » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:54 pm

thguy65 wrote:If you want to try getting on a decent reality show, "The Mole" is coming back to ABC
Now that was a great show! Thanks for the info. I'm sure Anderson Cooper is unavailable, but I'm praying they can do better than Ahmad Rashad.

Shade

#32 Post by Shade » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:52 pm

I've never been that big a fan of reality shows.

mrkelley23

#33 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:20 am

thguy65 wrote:If you want to try getting on a decent reality show, "The Mole" is coming back to ABC
Maybe I just didn't notice it yesterday when this was first posted, but today the website gives a specific date to check back: Jan. 16.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman