Orlando Trip Part 3

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Orlando Trip Part 3

#1 Post by christie1111 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:09 pm

(cont.)

Last parade march was the morning of New Year’s Eve in the Magic Kingdom. Spent the WHOLE day in the park. Very crowded, but well worth everything to be there for the fireworks. The Disney people are amazing with their ability to keep people entertained even in long lines. Stitch ride was very disappointing. Thunder Mountain just about the only roller coaster I will do and I like it a lot. Trying to think of other memorable rides but mostly just enjoyed the whole atmosphere. The fireworks were quite spectacular. When they said there is not a bad seat in the house, they meant it. The ‘spelling’ out of 10, 9, 8, etc by fireworks as we counted down was quite amazing.

Last day was at Islands of Adventure and one again the difference between Disney and Universal was quite clear. Waited over an hour in the Spiderman line when it said it was 40 minutes with some garbled announcement which must have said something about technical difficulties. The two rooms when there was something to look at on a screen were on 6.5 and 5 minute loops which only highlighted how long you were standing there without moving. The ride itself was incredible and we even went back later in the day to stand in the line yet again. Stood in line in some ‘Poseidon’ thing that was a huge waste of time. Having to buy a Fast Pass for the day seemed like extortion. And was very infuriating when they would let all the Express people through without regard for how long the non-Express person had been standing there. The Disney Fast Pass thing seemed much more civilized.

Flights home were fine if not late. Very concerned about missing the Atlanta connection on the way back but made it due to the in-coming plane being late as well. Quite bumpy on the landing at White Plains due to high winds. But landed safely so late was okay.
D1111 did land safely in Hartford in the wee hours of the morning so all was well.

Back to 2 days of work with a slight cold but will be recovering the rest of the weekend. No one put the Christmas stuff away while we were gone so I guess we will have to.

That and the elliptical is waiting for me to get back on it although after all that walking, my legs are probably up to it.

Thanks for reading!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

MarleysGh0st

Re: Orlando Trip Part 3

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:31 pm

christie1111 wrote:Thanks for reading!
Thanks for writing!

Still sad to read Disney World reports that don't include a visit to Play It, though...

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:00 pm

How did you find parking in White Plains?

Great Adventure has Fast Pass that you have to pay extra for as well. It annoyed me so much, I declined. By the end of the day, I wish I had been extorted. I could have gone on at least twice as many rides for the the extra 1/4 of the cost of the ticket.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:48 pm

peacock2121 wrote:How did you find parking in White Plains?

Great Adventure has Fast Pass that you have to pay extra for as well. It annoyed me so much, I declined. By the end of the day, I wish I had been extorted. I could have gone on at least twice as many rides for the the extra 1/4 of the cost of the ticket.
I imagine she followed the signs that said, "Parking". :P

Six Flags in NJ has the same sort of thing - in fact it's the only way they'll let you on the Superman roller coaster.

I expected to see the same thing at Six Flags Magic Mountain in SoCal, but they didn't have it. Not that it was needed as with it being 117° in the shade, there were few people there.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: Orlando Trip Part 3

#5 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:31 pm

christie1111 wrote:(cont.)

Thunder Mountain just about the only roller coaster I will do and I like it a lot.
This is the attraction I most miss being able to do. Can't get up and out of my wheelchair anymore (have to slide transfer), so I can't transfer into the ride. There really aren't too many things I can't do at WDW (a testimony to their accessibility) at least that I'd WANT to do, but Thunder Mountain is the one ride I would pick if I could get to do just one that I can't do now. Yup, even over Haunted Mansion and Pirates OTC, although I miss them too. The ride is just the right amount of thrill for me (I could never handle the insane coasters even back in the day).

Oh..I WOULD like to try Soarin', another "must transfer" attraction.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

christie1111
11:11

#6 Post by christie1111 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:10 pm

peacock2121 wrote:How did you find parking in White Plains?
This was a small funny story.

My step-mother was convincing my husband how hard it would be to park there on the 27th at Christmas dinner.

We parked in a spot almost directly opposite the second floor walkway. It would have been hard to find a better parking spot legally.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"