Yay, me!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mrkelley23

Yay, me!

#1 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:14 pm

My thoroughly mediocre team managed to beat Moonie's team for top honors in the Yahoo Fantasy League this year.

Since I finished the regular season 7-7, and had the 7th seed for the playoffs, all this shows is that my regular players were so bad that they were still piling up stats against the other team's second and third strings in weeks 16 and 17.

I think I may have discovered the secret to winning fantasy H2H leagues!
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Ritterskoop

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:31 pm

Congratulations! So for next year we should target players on poor teams who will play good teams in the final weeks. It's more about the schedule than we knew!
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:47 pm

Well done!

Yep, schedule and timing. :D

mellytu74

#4 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:56 pm

Yes, Mr. K!

The defending champion Belles of the Ball finished fourth. No reflection on owner Ms. Kay but rather on the bonehead general manager (who shall remain nameless :) )

It's what I get for not being able to make the draft and relying on Yahoo automatic drafting.

moonie

#5 Post by moonie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:19 pm

Hey Mr K

Yes, Congratulations to you. Your bunch of second-stringers beat my bunch of more mediocre second-stringers.

I had some tough decisions to make,,, do I start Torry Holt or Reggie Brown? Ladanian Tomlinson or TJ Duckett?

Anyway, the Hoosier Daddies have earned a laurel and hardy handshake. The Moonies tip their hat to you!
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to Lurk i go!

lilclyde54

#6 Post by lilclyde54 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:26 pm

Congratulations on your fantasy success. In both of the leagues I play in, the #1 seed and the #2 seed got beat in the first round of our playoffs. This was mostly due to the players (mostly N.E. guys and Dallas guys) they had ridden all year to get those #1 and #2 seeds having their worst week of the year on the first week of our playoffs.
The good side of that is that their defeats allowed The Baboo to win the league at our bar and collect over $400.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#7 Post by kayrharris » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:31 pm

mellytu74 wrote:Yes, Mr. K!

The defending champion Belles of the Ball finished fourth. No reflection on owner Ms. Kay but rather on the bonehead general manager (who shall remain nameless :) )

It's what I get for not being able to make the draft and relying on Yahoo automatic drafting.
Not to worry, Miss Melly. We did pretty darn well considering we were the lowest seed going into the playoffs and actually won against the number 1 seed.

The schedule does make a difference. I thought we had a respectable year. I don't know why, but I can never make it when they have the draft. I think it might be on my music night. So we did pretty well for a "default" team.

:)
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin