Everyone else must be sleeping in

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Everyone else must be sleeping in

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:48 am

I not only have to work today, I was called at 5 AM and I'm not even on call! The primary and everyone else they called didn't respond. :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

VAdame

#2 Post by VAdame » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:53 am

Sleeping in? Hah! This ain't no Federal holiday! Yeah, I'm at work.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:00 am

I'm on duty in my new, temporary position as home health care nurse. Of course, it's in my own home, and my patient is a long-leggedy, brown-eyed, furry girl who whimpers politely when she wants something.

There we go. Annie wants breakfast, and it's time for her antibiotic.

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:06 am

I did sleep in. On purpose.

Have to stay up late tonight.

It's dance party, baby!

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:13 am

Wish I could have. Dog decided to start barking at 4 AM for no apparent reason. We had to get her up to go out at that point, since the barking usually heralds some sort of excretory function. She didn't want to go, in more ways than one. Her recovery has been slow, but at least she's still with us and home.

I'm not home. Normal working day for me. There was just enough snow on the ground to be slippery, and not enough for most places to plow. Nasty combination. Even the highway had one lane (of two) covered with packed snow and nary a plow to be found. Barely a week into it and I'm already tired of winter.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:02 am

I'm beginning to wonder if mini's fern's watching over the Bored today....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

lb13

mrkelley23

#7 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:04 am

Not a big posting day, is it?

With both December games ending and the arbitrary calendar observation (to steal from Dilbert), I guess not too many peeps are motivated to stick their heads in.

I'll go play LS, but then I'm going to find something more active to do for a few hours. It's supposed to get up to 49 here this afternoon, so maybe I'll try to get some people together for golf.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:05 am

mrkelley23 wrote:Not a big posting day, is it?

With both December games ending and the arbitrary calendar observation (to steal from Dilbert),

And here I thought I was the only one who wondered out loud why New Years is a holiday....

lb13

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#9 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:06 am

I just woke up.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#10 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:07 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
I'll go play LS, but then I'm going to find something more active to do for a few hours. It's supposed to get up to 49 here this afternoon, so maybe I'll try to get some people together for golf.
You're welcome to come over here and cut fallen tree branches. BYOCS. (Bring your own chain saw.)

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#11 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:11 am

silvercamaro wrote:I'm on duty in my new, temporary position as home health care nurse. Of course, it's in my own home, and my patient is a long-leggedy, brown-eyed, furry girl who whimpers politely when she wants something.

There we go. Annie wants breakfast, and it's time for her antibiotic.
How is Annie doing?

How is Rusty doing?

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#12 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:23 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
How is Annie doing?

How is Rusty doing?
Annie seems to be doing okay, considering. I'm taking her to the vet later today to get her morphine patch replaced. (It lasts for about three days.) I just don't want her to get back into a painful condition, which seems like a possibility as long as she has so many sutures and drainage tubes. The tubes have to stay until Friday.

Rusty seems to be doing fine. Rusty seems to be the sweetheart that everybody loves. Rusty and Annie have not seen each other since last Wednesday and may never be under the same roof again. Options remain under consideration. Last night, Adventure Boy offered to take Rusty to Idaho, where he could live in a fairly rural area as an only dog. That couldn't happen until AB could drive down here to pick the dog up, however, because (a) the airlines would not accept an animal in cold weather and (b) Rusty cannot be crated to fly, anyway.

Day by day.

mrkelley23

#13 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:31 am

Most important, how is SC doing?

It sounds like you're beginning to stretch a little thin.

We're very glad you're here.

And glad you are the person you are.

Or should I say four-footer?
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

themanintheseersuckersuit

#14 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:52 am

Just checking in. Happy New Year Everybody
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

tanstaafl2

#15 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:18 am

Are you planning to let the two see one another, perhaps through an appropriate barrier to see what the reaction/reception is? Once Annie is a little more stable of course.

Or are you fairly convinced that it was Rusty that attacked Annie? Seems under the circumstances that the likelihood is low that there was some other explanation but I suppose it is possible.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#16 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:53 am

silvercamaro wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
How is Annie doing?

How is Rusty doing?
Annie seems to be doing okay, considering. I'm taking her to the vet later today to get her morphine patch replaced. (It lasts for about three days.) I just don't want her to get back into a painful condition, which seems like a possibility as long as she has so many sutures and drainage tubes. The tubes have to stay until Friday.

Rusty seems to be doing fine. Rusty seems to be the sweetheart that everybody loves. Rusty and Annie have not seen each other since last Wednesday and may never be under the same roof again. Options remain under consideration. Last night, Adventure Boy offered to take Rusty to Idaho, where he could live in a fairly rural area as an only dog. That couldn't happen until AB could drive down here to pick the dog up, however, because (a) the airlines would not accept an animal in cold weather and (b) Rusty cannot be crated to fly, anyway.

Day by day.
I am glad that Annie is doing better and that you have a plan for Rusty.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#17 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:55 am

tanstaafl2 wrote:Are you planning to let the two see one another, perhaps through an appropriate barrier to see what the reaction/reception is? Once Annie is a little more stable of course.

Or are you fairly convinced that it was Rusty that attacked Annie? Seems under the circumstances that the likelihood is low that there was some other explanation but I suppose it is possible.
I would like to think that a bear got into your house, instead of Rusty hurting Annie.

I know that Rusty had a history before you adopted him, have you talked to the greyhound rescue group to see if there was anything that they haven't told you about his past?