NFL Network coverage is terrible!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

NFL Network coverage is terrible!

#1 Post by gsabc » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:54 pm

I'm listening to the radio broadcast (mercifully). But does the NFL Network regularly not show replays of possibly bad referee calls? Instead of showing us a replay of Seau holding down the runner too long for delay of game, they kept showing the argument afterwards among the players. So freakin' what? WTF was the penalty for, especially since it was the CAUSE of the fighting in the first place?

And what was the "too much celebrating" call? The ref threw the flag after Moss had just spiked the ball! I'll grant that after that, there was some celebrating, but not when the flag went up. If that spike is a penalty, then there were a lot of uncalled penalties during the regular season.

Pats still aren't playing that well, though. The defense has to step up some more. I'm disappointed that Troy Brown was a scratch. And tell me why they had a shot of Matt Casell tossing the football on the sidelines. Might as well have shown one of the cheerleaders throwing the ball, because she has as much chance of getting into the game as Casell, barring a Brady injury.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Referee Phil Luckett
Merry Man

#2 Post by Referee Phil Luckett » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:02 pm

I stand by my bretheren. They are very brave for calling penalties on the Patriots. Back in my day, I'd have gotten fined and suspended for ruling against an elite team like that...

Ritterskoop

Re: NFL Network coverage is terrible!

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:24 pm

gsabc wrote: And tell me why they had a shot of Matt Casell tossing the football on the sidelines. Might as well have shown one of the cheerleaders throwing the ball, because she has as much chance of getting into the game as Casell, barring a Brady injury.
Some folks speculated if Brady got his records early, Cassel might get to play.

If the game was in hand for the Patriots, I mean.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.