LB and LS and Merry Men and the Beatles

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fantine33

LB and LS and Merry Men and the Beatles

#1 Post by fantine33 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:01 am

I was just thinking of you a few minutes ago. We are the 80's is on VH1 Classic and they just played Hide Your Love Away. Since that's one of my fave songs ever I got about 3/4 of the way through before I realized and yelled at the screen, "Hey, it's we are the 80's dammit"!

YAY for LS, although you stole my theme days of the week idea. I'm planning on getting extra leeway and credit at some point in the scoring. Ha!

Also your note about Merry Men doing Wacky Wednesday (as I recall now, you made me change my Wacky Wednesday day to Weird Wednesday) made me remember something I've been meaning to say about Merry Men.

I have never been a fan of the MM, thinking they were basically for being mean or childish. But, I really like them now because you and Mini (for most of them, I'm assuming) take the time to find clever avatars and put in locations that fit both the name and spirit of the MM and they make me laugh and laugh. So thanks to both of you for that. And, for as long as Kitty Sandwich puts the gross stuff in spoilers, he is my favourite.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: LB and LS and Merry Men and the Beatles

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:07 am

fantine33 wrote:I was just thinking of you a few minutes ago. We are the 80's is on VH1 Classic and they just played Hide Your Love Away. Since that's one of my fave songs ever I got about 3/4 of the way through before I realized and yelled at the screen, "Hey, it's we are the 80's dammit"!

They're STILL doing that? I commented on them doing that during the 80's a few weeks ago. They're losing their marbles over there...

fantine33 wrote:Also your note about Merry Men doing Wacky Wednesday (as I recall now, you made me change my Wacky Wednesday day to Weird Wednesday) made me remember something I've been meaning to say about Merry Men.

I have never been a fan of the MM, thinking they were basically for being mean or childish. But, I really like them now because you and Mini (for most of them, I'm assuming) take the time to find clever avatars and put in locations that fit both the name and spirit of the MM and they make me laugh and laugh. So thanks to both of you for that. And, for as long as Kitty Sandwich puts the gross stuff in spoilers, he is my favourite.

I think the intentionally mean spirited MM's are a thing of the past now that they can no longer hide in anonymity. The fun MM's can come out and play in safety knowing that their good names will no longer be soiled by the bad apples. I love the different personalities my MM's (as well as other people's) have taken over the years...

And I think Kitty Sandwich fans will not be disappointed come some Wednesday in the next 2 months.... :wink:

lb13

MarleysGh0st

Re: LB and LS and Merry Men and the Beatles

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:19 am

littlebeast13 wrote:I think the intentionally mean spirited MM's are a thing of the past now that they can no longer hide in anonymity. The fun MM's can come out and play in safety knowing that their good names will no longer be soiled by the bad apples. I love the different personalities my MM's (as well as other people's) have taken over the years...
We always have to make distinctions between an MM and an Imp and an AC (Anonymous Coward). Local1326 has done a good job of enforcing the union rules for being a good MM.