Do you hear my teeth chattering?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
otherindigo

Do you hear my teeth chattering?

#1 Post by otherindigo » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:52 pm

I'm finally home after 4 days with family. I've come to a chilly 62-63 degree home. I've called the maintenance guy and left a voice mail about an hour ago apologizing for the lateness in the call. No word yet from him, and I'm contemplating calling the owner soon. I wonder how many layers I'm going to need tonight if my heating unit doesn't get fixed or even looked at.

Enough of the fussing...

I now have a new best friend. I wish my new best friend could come home with me, but I'm afraid I'm not home enough or have enough $$ to afford the rent increase for my new best friend.

His name is Turbo. He's my b-i-l's cat, seeing as my sister and niece do not pay enough attention to him. He slept at my feet every night I was over at their house, and he even took a nap with me today, cozily laying on my side with his head tucked in my arm. I wish I had gotten a picture of it. Just pure sweetness. He loves to give nose-kisses. And the funniest thing about him is that if I was trying to do anything with my laptop, he would nuzzle my hand to make sure I was using both hands to give him what I call "lovins". I miss him already.

NellyLunatic1980

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:55 pm

Any chance of Turbo posting on the Bored in the near future like our fellow feline four-footers Bruce and Jasper? :wink:

otherindigo

#3 Post by otherindigo » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:20 pm

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:Any chance of Turbo posting on the Bored in the near future like our fellow feline four-footers Bruce and Jasper? :wink:
Well Turbo is quite the vocal one, so we shall see.

Snaxx

#4 Post by Snaxx » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:02 pm

Hope things get better, I mean warmer, soon! I recently had boiler problems myself, while I was sick too, so I know how it feels!

Friendly cat! I wish most of the cats in my family were as friendly. Let's see, my sisters' two cats hide all the time, and my dad's hisses at everyone but him. Ahh, my mom's cat (a black cat) is really friendly like Turbo.
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

otherindigo

#5 Post by otherindigo » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:34 pm

After putting on 3 pants, 3 shirts, a hoodie, 3 pairs of socks (including the new B&BW ones from my sis), a pair of long johns and a partridge in a "pear" tree, I think I'm just about room temperature now.

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#6 Post by hermillion » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:19 am

Sweetie, you would have been in big trouble in Tulsa two weeks ago! I was able to get the house temp UP to almost 60 during the day by boiling big pots of water on the gas stove. At night we dropped to below 40 inside. Dogs in sweaters were the norm at my place.

Cuddle Duds are a girl's best friend! :lol:
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

otherindigo

#7 Post by otherindigo » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:53 am

hermillion wrote:Sweetie, you would have been in big trouble in Tulsa two weeks ago! I was able to get the house temp UP to almost 60 during the day by boiling big pots of water on the gas stove. At night we dropped to below 40 inside. Dogs in sweaters were the norm at my place.

Cuddle Duds are a girl's best friend! :lol:
HA! I was PATHETIC the year we had the bad ice storm. I normally run to my MawMaw's. This wasn't too, too much. I survived just fine. :lol:
Actually I felt so silly this AM when the maintenance guys came by, flipped a switch outside, and it just miraculously came on. *sigh* Sometimes I guess I just can't be as independent as I think I am.

gsabc

#8 Post by gsabc » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:12 am

otherindigo wrote:
Actually I felt so silly this AM when the maintenance guys came by, flipped a switch outside, and it just miraculously came on. *sigh* Sometimes I guess I just can't be as independent as I think I am.
"It's just this little chromium switch here. You people are SO superstitious."

gs, showing his age by remembering that line.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.