Wish me luck

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Wish me luck

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:34 pm

I may have mentioned that my firm purchased memberships at the local high-falutin gym for any attorney who commits to using the membership at least 10 times per month. (Staff members get to choose between two local medium-falutin gyms.) Part of the membership is a pair of free sessions with a personal trainer -- the first an evaluation session, and the second a training session.

It's an upsell opportunity, of course, but in my case it worked. I'll be having my first of twelve sessions tonight (at the low Holiday price of an arm and a foot). After the free training session, it was three days before I could fully extend my arms again. Let's hope I can still move after tonight.

Wish me luck! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:54 pm

Good luck!

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:01 pm

Good luck!

Okay, you may be a little sore. If you keep it up, you'll reach the point that if you're not a little bit stiff in one set of muscles or another, you'll get mad at yourself for not having worked hard enough.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:13 pm

No pain, no gain, right?

The hurt will go away sooner than you think. That means whatever you're doing is working. We'll see those pounds melt away on Bob's log very soon.

:)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:23 pm

kayrharris wrote:No pain, no gain, right?

The hurt will go away sooner than you think. That means whatever you're doing is working. We'll see those pounds melt away on Bob's log very soon.

:)
Possibly, but I think that will have more to do with diet than exercise. Although I used to work out regularly, with a trainer even, I stopped about a year before the genesis of Bob's Log. All of my weight loss was attributable to diet. If anything, exercise might cause an increase in muscle mass, and consequent weight gain. I'll be able to tell the difference in my clothes, though, and that will be just fine. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:26 pm

silvercamaro wrote:Good luck!

Okay, you may be a little sore. If you keep it up, you'll reach the point that if you're not a little bit stiff in one set of muscles or another, you'll get mad at yourself for not having worked hard enough.
Thanks, shinycar. I'm glad you had the werewithal to drop by on "ordinary" Bored business.

By the way, you might consider sharing on the Pet Lovers Board at the Motley Fool. I don't spend much time there, but when I have dropped in, they've seemed good-hearted and knowledgeable. --Bob

Timsterino

#7 Post by Timsterino » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:56 pm

Good luck, Bob! As someone else who is renewing an interest in diet and physical fitness I can say I really relate.
Tim S.
Twitter: @BrowardAdvocate
Instagram: @TimWSternberg
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sternberg

Snaxx

#8 Post by Snaxx » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:08 pm

Good luck Bob!
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

lilclyde54

#9 Post by lilclyde54 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:36 pm

Good Luck with the new plan. Execrcise can be addicting if you stay with it for a while. I start getting antsy if I miss my walk for more than a day or two.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

peacock2121

#10 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:34 am

I know you asked for wishes of good luck, I am not going to do that.

Just keep on doing it - it has nothing to do with luck, good or bad. It has to do with putting one foot in front of the other and doing what the trainer says and reporting back to the trainer. It has to do with you acting in line with what you said, not with how you feel. Luck doesn't impact that - you do.

After a bit, working out will just be what you do - like taking a shower or hugging your son - you do it because it feels good and you know there is value. Until then - just do it because you promised and you are someone who keeps their promises.