State Quarters

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
bazodee

State Quarters

#1 Post by bazodee » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:29 pm

When the President signed the Omnibus Budget bill this morning, he also authorized a one-year extension of the State Quarter Program. So, in 2009, the U.S. mint will offer six new quarters representing the non-state entities (Washington DC, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa and the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas.)

The U.S. government makes money on the deal when so many people immediately take the quarters out of circulation and add them to their collections.

Of course, now the companies that produce the various albums and maps which people have used to display the quarters will feel obliged to update their offering and sell us more stuff.

This legislation had been proposed for many years but had always died in the Senate. An amendment was added last minute to the bill by New York congressman Jose Serrano of the Bronx and survived the conference committee.

I shudder to think what might be in any bill with the moniker "Omnibus".
By the time the state quarter program is complete, Iraq may be the 51st state ...

lilclyde54

#2 Post by lilclyde54 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:34 pm

I started my collection with two rolls of each state's quarters. In the beginning, I would just collect them from the change that circulated thru the bar. I finally wised up and started getting uncirculated rolls from the bank in the second year. I guess this is good news. It just means that it will take a little longer to get the complete set.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again