QOD Thursday 12-27 "THAT GIRL IS POISON"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fantine33

QOD Thursday 12-27 "THAT GIRL IS POISON"

#1 Post by fantine33 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:09 am

You knew I wasn't going to be able to hold out the entire month, didn't you? I managed to make it to Game 27 before I caved, though. Ha! I did ratchet it down a bit and instead of going full out serial killer mode, I restrained myself and went all ladylike and stuff.

12/27 That Girl is Poison

1. This actress won her only Oscar out of 5 nominations for portraying accused murderess Barbara Graham in the movie, I Want to Live!

2. This Hungarian “Blood Countess” was allegedly responsible for the murders of hundreds of young women before the authorities went all Cask of Amontillado on her ass.

3. Born in 1910, this woman was part of a gang that carried out a string of robberies in the early 30’s, although there are conflicting reports on whether she was actually involved in any of the shootouts or killings. The spree only lasted a few years before she and her partner were killed in a May 1934 ambush.

4. This woman and her husband, Paul Bernardo, are possibly the most infamous killers in Canadian history. Responsible for the deaths of three woman (one being her sister) and suspected of others, she cut a deal for manslaughter and was released in 2005 after serving 12 years.

5. Mary Surratt was the first woman to be executed by the United States government, by hanging in 1865. She was found guilty of being a conspirator in what crime?

QOD: This woman has been accused of incest, helping to plot the murder of her second husband, dispatching people with poison that she carried in a ring and having an actual poisoner on staff (when she was just too busy to take care of it herself, I guess), among other things. History can prove none of this and actually shows that she was a decent person who just had the misfortune to be born into a family full of nefarious characters and ill tempered rounders. And, as she died at age 39 after the birth of her 8th child by her third husband, when would she have found the time?

15! Point Bonus: She got bossed into a lot of marriages and troubles by her daddy the Pope, who apparently thought he was all that and a bag. You get 5 points for his Pope name, 5 points for his Number and no points for his real name (oh, heck, I know that if you know it, you're going to mention it anyway, so I'll toss in another fin for that. Ha!)

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Her brother was the real bad actor in the family. What was his name?

5 Point Bonus Bonus Bonus: What’s the origin of today’s title?

VAdame

#2 Post by VAdame » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:14 am

Spoiler
1. This actress won her only Oscar out of 5 nominations for portraying accused murderess Barbara Graham in the movie, I Want to Live!

I think it's Susan Hayward

2. This Hungarian “Blood Countess” was allegedly responsible for the murders of hundreds of young women before the authorities went all Cask of Amontillado on her ass.

Elizabeth Bathory

3. Born in 1910, this woman was part of a gang that carried out a string of robberies in the early 30’s, although there are conflicting reports on whether she was actually involved in any of the shootouts or killings. The spree only lasted a few years before she and her partner were killed in a May 1934 ambush.

Bonnie Parker

4. This woman and her husband, Paul Bernardo, are possibly the most infamous killers in Canadian history. Responsible for the deaths of three woman (one being her sister) and suspected of others, she cut a deal for manslaughter and was released in 2005 after serving 12 years.

Karla Homulka

5. Mary Surratt was the first woman to be executed by the United States government, by hanging in 1865. She was found guilty of being a conspirator in what crime?

Lincoln Assasination

QOD: This woman has been accused of incest, helping to plot the murder of her second husband, dispatching people with poison that she carried in a ring and having an actual poisoner on staff (when she was just too busy to take care of it herself, I guess), among other things. History can prove none of this and actually shows that she was a decent person who just had the misfortune to be born into a family full of nefarious characters and ill tempered rounders. And, as she died at age 39 after the birth of her 8th child by her third husband, when would she have found the time?

Lucrezia Borgia

15! Point Bonus: She got bossed into a lot of marriages and troubles by her daddy the Pope, who apparently thought he was all that and a bag. You get 5 points for his Pope name, 5 points for his Number and no points for his real name (oh, heck, I know that if you know it, you're going to mention it anyway, so I'll toss in another fin for that. Ha!)

One of the Alexanders. 5th? Mr. Borgia?

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Her brother was the real bad actor in the family. What was his name?

Cesare

Dunno -- Lucrezia was a Jeopardy Q last night though :)

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:36 am

Spoiler

3. Born in 1910, this woman was part of a gang that carried out a string of robberies in the early 30’s, although there are conflicting reports on whether she was actually involved in any of the shootouts or killings. The spree only lasted a few years before she and her partner were killed in a May 1934 ambush. - Bonnie Parker (Clyde's Bonnie... I think that was her last name, but I don't knwo for sure)

5. Mary Surratt was the first woman to be executed by the United States government, by hanging in 1865. She was found guilty of being a conspirator in what crime? - Lincoln's assassination

5 Point Bonus Bonus Bonus: What’s the origin of today’s title? - Three words.... Bell, Biv, Devoe!

ToLiveIsToFly

Re: QOD Thursday 12-27 "THAT GIRL IS POISON"

#4 Post by ToLiveIsToFly » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:35 am

Spoiler
SUSAN HAYWARD

SOUNDS LIKE BARBARA BUSH TO ME

BONNIE PARKER

KARLA HOMOLKA

THE LINCOLN ASSASSINATION

LUCREZIA BORGIA - THIS WAS JUST ON JEOPARDY, WHAT, YESTERDAY? OR I'D MAYBE NEVER HAVE KNOWN. THE POISON RING MIGHT HAVE GIVEN IT TO ME, BUT MAYBE NOT.

ALEXANDER VI. AND I'M GOING TO GUESS THAT HIS LAST NAME WAS BORGIA. HOW ABOUT DOMINIC?

CESARE

NEVER TRUST A BIG BUTT AND A SMILE. ONE OF THE WORST NON-BILLY-JOEL SONGS I'VE EVER HEARD, BY BIL BEV DEVOE.

ETA spoiler tags

nitrah55

#5 Post by nitrah55 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:40 am

Spoiler
1. SUSAN HAYWARD

2. ZSA ZSA GABOR

3. BONNIE PARKER

4. BUNNY SOMETHING

5. THE LINCOLN ASSASSINATION

QOD: LUCRECIA BORGIA

15! Point Bonus: LEO V - BUDDY

I am about 25% sure of this.

mrkelley23

#6 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:26 am

fantine33 wrote:You knew I wasn't going to be able to hold out the entire month, didn't you? I managed to make it to Game 27 before I caved, though. Ha! I did ratchet it down a bit and instead of going full out serial killer mode, I restrained myself and went all ladylike and stuff.

Spoiler
1. Susan Hayward
2. Elizabeth Bathory
3. Ma Barker
4. Can't...bring....it...up...!
5. Assassination of Abraham Lincoln

QOD: Lucrezia Borgia

Bonus: All blind guesses: He wouldn't have been one of the Innocents or the Urbans. How about Leo the uh.... Ninth? (IX)? As for his real name, I guess Borgia won't be good enough, will it? How about Paolo?

BonusBonus: I guess you mean Cesare, as he was the model for Macchiavelli's The Prince, but I think he kind of got a bad rap too.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#7 Post by kayrharris » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:41 am

Spoiler
You knew I wasn't going to be able to hold out the entire month, didn't you? I managed to make it to Game 27 before I caved, though. Ha! I did ratchet it down a bit and instead of going full out serial killer mode, I restrained myself and went all ladylike and stuff.

NOPE
2. This Hungarian “Blood Countess” was allegedly responsible for the murders of hundreds of young women before the authorities went all Cask of Amontillado on her ass. Are you kidding me?

3. Born in 1910, this woman was part of a gang that carried out a string of robberies in the early 30’s, although there are conflicting reports on whether she was actually involved in any of the shootouts or killings. The spree only lasted a few years before she and her partner were killed in a May 1934 ambush. OMG, I might know one....I hope it's Bonnie Parker

4. This woman and her husband, Paul Bernardo, are possibly the most infamous killers in Canadian history. Responsible for the deaths of three woman (one being her sister) and suspected of others, she cut a deal for manslaughter and was released in 2005 after serving 12 years. I actually read the book about this. Can't believe this woman is back on the streets..... Karla Homolka

5. Mary Surratt was the first woman to be executed by the United States government, by hanging in 1865. She was found guilty of being a conspirator in what crime? Oh good, sorta a history Q....Lincoln's assassination.

OMG, this was in J! just yesterday. Lucrezia Borgia

15! Point Bonus: She got bossed into a lot of marriages and troubles by her daddy the Pope, who apparently thought he was all that and a bag. You get 5 points for his Pope name, 5 points for his Number and no points for his real name (oh, heck, I know that if you know it, you're going to mention it anyway, so I'll toss in another fin for that. Ha!) No way..

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Her brother was the real bad actor in the family. What was his name? Too bad J! dint cover this last night. Nope!

5 Point Bonus Bonus Bonus: What’s the origin of today’s
title?[/quote]

I forget, do I lose all points if I get this wrong? It's a song by some rock group but I dunno who, so I'll just pass on this one.

NellyLunatic1980

#8 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:53 am

Spoiler
Susan Hayward

pass

Bonnie Parker

pass

the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?

pass

pass

pass

pass

mikehardware

#9 Post by mikehardware » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:58 am

Spoiler

3. Bonnie Parker
5. Lincoln assassination

QOD: Lucretia Borgia?

wintergreen48

#10 Post by wintergreen48 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:04 am

Spoiler
1. Susan Hayward

2. Esterhazy

3. Bonnie Parker

4. I forgot

5. Lincoln's Assassination (she's mentioned in the new National Treasure movie)

QOD: Sounds like Lucrezia Borgia, whose dad will become my next avatar

15! Point Bonus: Pope Alexander VI, whose real name was originally Roderigo Llançol, which was later changer to Rodrigo Borja. The last Spanish Pope.

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Cesare Borgia, aka Valentino

Edited to do the !@#$%^&* spoiler which I forgot again, and I don't want to get Ms. Fannie all po'd at me.

ne1410s

#11 Post by ne1410s » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:08 am

Spoiler

SUSAN HAYWORD

ZSA ZSA GABOR

BONNIE PARKER

ANNE MURRAY

LINCOLN'S ASS.

LUCRECIA BORGIA

POPE ALEXANDER THE SOMETHING

CESAR BORGIA

5 Point Bonus Bonus Bonus: What’s the origin of today’s title? NAFC...
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#12 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:47 am

Spoiler
Being an unassuming sort of girl, Annie thinks no one will notice her absence, so she has asked me to tell you that she regrets deeply that she will be unable to post today. (I didn't take her laptop to the hospital, but she doesn't have anywhere to plug it in, anyway.) I realize that you may not be able to accept a surrogate set of Annie answers, but I am pretty darn sure that she would have gotten some of them:
3. Miss Bonnie Parker
5. The assassination of Mr. President Lincoln
QoD: Miss Lucretia Borgia
5-point Bonus Bonus: Miss Lucretia's brother Mr. Cesare

Also, she asked me to give you this message, which I don't understand:
"20 point bonus: Mr. John Mellencamp. I like to learn things."

She's on drugs, so perhaps that explains that.

tanstaafl2

#13 Post by tanstaafl2 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:12 am

fantine33 wrote:

Spoiler

Nope, not coming to me.

Familiar story but can't recall the name

Bonnie Parker

I dunno

Lincoln Assassination

Don't have much in the pot so I might as well go for it. Sounds like Lucretia Borgia.

Never can keep track. She was about the same time frame as Michelangelo so I will guess Julius II who I associate with the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

Mr. Borgia...

The dark and delightfully twisted recesses of your mind?

Oh and, "20 point bonus: John Mellencamp" for whatever that is worth...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

peacock2121

#14 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:35 am

Spoiler
1. This actress won her only Oscar out of 5 nominations for portraying accused murderess Barbara Graham in the movie, I Want to Live! Susan Hayword? - or someone who looks like her

2. This Hungarian “Blood Countess” was allegedly responsible for the murders of hundreds of young women before the authorities went all Cask of Amontillado on her ass. Clara Van Eick

3. Born in 1910, this woman was part of a gang that carried out a string of robberies in the early 30’s, although there are conflicting reports on whether she was actually involved in any of the shootouts or killings. The spree only lasted a few years before she and her partner were killed in a May 1934 ambush. Bonnie Parker

4. This woman and her husband, Paul Bernardo, are possibly the most infamous killers in Canadian history. Responsible for the deaths of three woman (one being her sister) and suspected of others, she cut a deal for manslaughter and was released in 2005 after serving 12 years. Patricia Bernardo

5. Mary Surratt was the first woman to be executed by the United States government, by hanging in 1865. She was found guilty of being a conspirator in what crime? Killing Abe Lincoln

15! Point Bonus: She got bossed into a lot of marriages and troubles by her daddy the Pope, who apparently thought he was all that and a bag. You get 5 points for his Pope name, 5 points for his Number and no points for his real name (oh, heck, I know that if you know it, you're going to mention it anyway, so I'll toss in another fin for that. Ha!) huh?

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Her brother was the real bad actor in the family. What was his name? nope

5 Point Bonus Bonus Bonus: What’s the origin of today’s title? don't even remember the title.

tlynn78

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:51 pm

Spoiler
nope
2. nope
3. Bonnie Parker
4. Karla
5. Lincoln's assassination

QoD

Lucretia Borgia

Pope Alexander somenumber, aka Rodrigo

Ceasar

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

a1mamacat

#16 Post by a1mamacat » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:13 pm

fantine33 wrote:You knew I wasn't going to be able to hold out the entire month, didn't you? I managed to make it to Game 27 before I caved, though. Ha! I did ratchet it down a bit and instead of going full out serial killer mode, I restrained myself and went all ladylike and stuff.

Spoiler
1. This actress won her only Oscar out of 5 nominations for portraying accused murderess Barbara Graham in the movie, I Want to Live! = Susan Hayward?

3. Born in 1910, this woman was part of a gang that carried out a string of robberies in the early 30’s, although there are conflicting reports on whether she was actually involved in any of the shootouts or killings. The spree only lasted a few years before she and her partner were killed in a May 1934 ambush. = Bonnie Parker

4. This woman and her husband, Paul Bernardo, are possibly the most infamous killers in Canadian history. Responsible for the deaths of three woman (one being her sister) and suspected of others, she cut a deal for manslaughter and was released in 2005 after serving 12 years. = Karla the Bitch Homolka

5. Mary Surratt was the first woman to be executed by the United States government, by hanging in 1865. She was found guilty of being a conspirator in what crime? Assasination of Lincoln

QOD: This woman has been accused of incest, helping to plot the murder of her second husband, dispatching people with poison that she carried in a ring and having an actual poisoner on staff (when she was just too busy to take care of it herself, I guess), among other things. History can prove none of this and actually shows that she was a decent person who just had the misfortune to be born into a family full of nefarious characters and ill tempered rounders. And, as she died at age 39 after the birth of her 8th child by her third husband, when would she have found the time? - - Lucrezia Borgia

15! Point Bonus: She got bossed into a lot of marriages and troubles by her daddy the Pope, who apparently thought he was all that and a bag. You get 5 points for his Pope name, 5 points for his Number and no points for his real name (oh, heck, I know that if you know it, you're going to mention it anyway, so I'll toss in another fin for that. Ha!) Leo V?

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Her brother was the real bad actor in the family. What was his name? Caesar Borgia

5 Point Bonus Bonus Bonus: What’s the origin of today’s title? NAC
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

MarleysGh0st

#17 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Spoiler

Elizabeth Bartholdy?

Bonnie Parker

The Lincoln assassination

I would have guessed Livia, of "I, Claudius" infamy, until I saw her age and the bonus questions. Lucretia Borgia.

I'll WAG Clement V.

Ludovico Borgia?

jarnon

#18 Post by jarnon » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:54 pm

Spoiler
3. Ma Barker
5. Lincoln assassination

QOD: Lucretia Borgia

starfish1113

#19 Post by starfish1113 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Spoiler
1. Nope
2. Nope
3. Bonnie?
4. Nope
5. The Lincoln Assassination

QoD - Nope, and nope until the third Bonus. The answer to that is Bell Biv Devoe. Now you know.

KillerTomato

#20 Post by KillerTomato » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:04 pm

Spoiler

1. Susan Hayward
2. Countess Loqueesha of Hungary
3. Sounds like Bonnie Parker to me.
4. Anne Murray
5. The Assassination of President Abraham Lincoln by the Coward John Wilkes Booth

Bonus: Alexander the somethingth. Sixth? No clue on his first name, but I'm pretty sure his last was Borgia.

Bonus Bonus: Caesare Borgia

Bonus Bonus Bonus: I got nuthin.

There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

LookingForHumorPoints
Merry Man

#21 Post by LookingForHumorPoints » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:32 pm

Oprah Winfrey

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Patty Hearst

Saucy Mamacat

Log cabin-gate - Yes, Abe had his own interns.

Britney Spears

Pope Dumbass the 0th

Kevin Federline

Fantine's warped, twisted mind

LFHP

themanintheseersuckersuit

#22 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:42 pm

Spoiler
1. This actress won her only Oscar out of 5 nominations for portraying accused murderess Barbara Graham in the movie, I Want to Live! Lana Turner

2. This Hungarian “Blood Countess” was allegedly responsible for the murders of hundreds of young women before the authorities went all Cask of Amontillado on her ass. Nope

Bonnie Parker

This answer Censored by the Canadian Government, and she's had her name officially changed anyway.

The Lincoln Assassination

Lucretia Borgia

PAF Wintergreen

5 Point Bonus Bonus Bonus: What’s the origin of today’s title?nope
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#23 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:27 pm

Spoiler
1-Susan Hayward
2-
3-Bonnie Parker
4-
5-Lincoln's assassination

Dunno any of the bonuses.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

fantine33

#24 Post by fantine33 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:51 pm

silvercamaro wrote: Being an unassuming sort of girl, Annie thinks no one will notice her absence, so she has asked me to tell you that she regrets deeply that she will be unable to post today. (I didn't take her laptop to the hospital, but she doesn't have anywhere to plug it in, anyway.) I realize that you may not be able to accept a surrogate set of Annie answers, but I am pretty darn sure that she would have gotten some of them:
Of course they are acceptable, since it's obvious from your answers that she dictated them to you (or you have the weird ability to channel her, ha!).

Get busy charging up that laptop so she'll have something with which to occupy herself once she's lucid and carping that "there's nothing to do in here, it's boring!".
tanstaafl2 wrote:
Spoiler
Oh and, "20 point bonus: John Mellencamp" for whatever that is worth...
Spoiler
20 points, I'd imagine. You and Annie ROCK!!!1

Meanwhile, stupid Jeopardy and National Treasure copying off my paper and stealing my thunder! I should have posted this one a couple weeks ago instead of trying to restrain myself. Ha! I obviously have not seen National Treasure and don't watch Jeopardy or I would've reworked this.

andrewjackson

#25 Post by andrewjackson » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:24 pm

Spoiler
1. Nope

2. Nope

3. Bonnie Parker

4. Nope

5. The Lincoln Assassination

15! Point Bonus: Pope Leo VII, aka Emilio Borgia

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Cesare