Disney tomorrow

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Disney tomorrow

#1 Post by christie1111 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:36 pm

Okay, Orlando tomorrow and Disney the next day.

Daughter1111 is marching in the Citrus Bowl Parade on the 30th. If you are watching it will be the Bunnell Marching Band of Stratford, CT. She playes the trumpet.

Any Disney thoughts you experts?

We come back on the 2nd.

Hope you all have a Happy New Year!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:40 pm

Have fun, Donna! Give that fabulous trumpeter and her band-mates an extra cheer for me.

Flybrick

Re: Disney tomorrow

#3 Post by Flybrick » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:49 pm

christie1111 wrote: Any Disney thoughts you experts?
Congrats on your daughter marching in the parade.

"My advice is to drink heavily...."

With apologies to 'Animal House'

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:51 pm

Disney thoughts:
Enjoy the holiday stuff while it's still there. The decorations are fabulous, and the holiday-oriented entertainment is wonderful, especially at the national exhibits in Epcot.
Try to get into the Candlelight Processional if you can. I believe it continues to New Year's, but I could be mistaken.
Stock up on Disney Christmas items. They're usually half price or even less right after the holiday as they try to reduce inventory. I picked up my favorite holiday shirt (red, long-sleeved crew collar with a colorful Santa Mouse silhouette on the collar) and a Pooh Santa hat on the cheap during our one holiday visit.
Just have fun.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

christie1111
11:11

#5 Post by christie1111 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:56 pm

Hey Brick!

I gave my Dad your book yesterday. He seemed quite interested in it. I will let you know what he thinks.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Flybrick

#6 Post by Flybrick » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:10 pm

Thanks!

But I'd still drink heavily if sentenced to Disneyworld......

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:42 pm

Flybrick wrote:Thanks!

But I'd still drink heavily if sentenced to Disneyworld......
This would be about the only time (along with Easter and 4th of July) that I would not wan t to be there. Negotiating those crowds with my chair would be maddening!

Candlelight processional at EPCOT would be terrific, but you may have to get in line 3 hours before showtime..on a "slow" night, we were in line about an hour and a half early and there weren't too many seats left!

There are 4 parks..on Friday, Disney-MGM will be open an hour early, and the Magic Kingdom will stay open a couple of hours late...but only for those staying at a Disney hotel. This means that these two parks will be most crowded...Magic Kingdom should be especially swamped, to such a degree that it may be completely impossible to see much of anything except the backsides of a lot of sweaty peoples.

EPCOT may be your best bet. They have holiday storytellers at each country, very entertaining..the aforementioned Candlelight processional..Rita Moreno is scheduled to be the guest narrator that night.. (even if you can't get into the ampitheatre, you may be able to loiter nearby and hear the music and narration...and the truly amazing and emotional Illuminations, with its special holiday coda..with the size and layout of the place, it is also the best equipped to handle humongous crowds. I'd still advise getting there as early as possible..once they put a certain number of folks through the turnstiles, they stop admitting guests. EPCOT can handle more than some of the other parks, but better safe than sorry.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

jaybee

#8 Post by jaybee » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:03 pm

We stopped to meet up with the rest of our family outside the U.S. Pavilion a few weeks ago. The free seats just outside the Candelight processional were about as good as those that we purchased a few years back - and there was no line - and we could easily leave when we wanted.

Make sure that you hit Soarin' in The Land at Epcot. Grab a fast pass.

Jaybee
Jaybee