WHAT? THE QOD IS BEING TRUNCATED?? WHAT???

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fantine33

WHAT? THE QOD IS BEING TRUNCATED?? WHAT???

#1 Post by fantine33 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:32 pm

I know I promised 31-derful days of QOD, but I lied. Ha!

I was actually thinking about this earlier when I was scoring, although mrkelley beat me to it (as usual) in his DorA announcement.

I won't have one on 12-31 and the 12-30 QOD will only be open through noon mountain on 12-31 instead of midnight mountain. That way it will still be available for a day and a half and I can have the final scores and standings up sometime in the afternoon on New Year's Eve.

I don't know if anybody is going to take on a QOD for January or not. But I would assume that if people are game to try it, the usual tradition of right of first refusal going down the previous month's standings would apply. If there was a clear cut front runner, it might not matter, but I think this could come down to the wire, with 6 (possibly more) still in contention.

Earendel said something the other day about my QOD being sublime and ridiculous and I like it that way. I love seeing someone with the high score one day drop to the bottom the next day (and vice versa), because that means that I'm doing a halfway decent job of having a halfway decent range of subjects. And I'd like to think that the lead bouncing between 5 or 6 people reflects that.

I still think 30 consecutive QODs is a lot! I might have just done a 'weekend' one to cover Saturday and Sunday had I had it to do over again. Then again, maybe not, I like to overachieve. Ha!

andrewjackson

#2 Post by andrewjackson » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:10 pm

You've done a fantastic job and I have really appreciated it.

I should say so more often.

Thank you very much.
No matter where you go, there you are.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:42 pm

What AJ said. I agree 100 percent.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Kay

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#4 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:57 pm

I think you have done a mighty fine job this month.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

NellyLunatic1980

#5 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:59 pm

I've been happy with this month's QOD... even if I do suck at half of the subjects. :P

wintergreen48

#6 Post by wintergreen48 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:01 pm

The QoD is one of the few things that keeps me going right now; thanks.

fantine33

#7 Post by fantine33 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:28 am

wintergreen48 wrote:The QoD is one of the few things that keeps me going right now; thanks.
I hope my love note to you in yesterday's QOD Bonus section put an extra little ray of sunshine into your post-Christmas life. (Although it was planned a long time ago, so it was just serendipity. Ha!)

fantine33

#8 Post by fantine33 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:34 am

So, this post was just meant for informational purposes, not a fishing expedition, but all of your props and compliments are very much appreciated!

Only two more days, wow. When I first offered to ramrod this gig, I thought it would be difficult to come up with varied topics and interesting categories with snappy titles for each day. As it turns out, I have scads of categories (each with a snappy title attached) left over as I ran out of month before I ran out of subjects and questions. Whoda thunk?

Anyway, I was hoping that anybody who might like to give it a try in January would pipe up here and show their interest. I don't think you would have even have to have played any in December, although those are probably the people who would have the most interest in doing so. Off the top of my head, the people who have the best chance to win this month are:

andrewjackson
mrkelley
Killer Tomato
earendel
To Live is to Fly
Nelly

tlynn would have given the guys a good run for the money if she had been able to play more frequently.