QOD Sunday 12-23 "THEY'RE JUST CHILDREN!"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fantine33

QOD Sunday 12-23 "THEY'RE JUST CHILDREN!"

#1 Post by fantine33 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:49 am

12-23 They're Just Children!

Parents generally think that their little angels are the most darling, talented, perfect little snowflakes in the known universe. We childless types have learned to adapt. But normal people don't have a thing on celebrities, whose spawn are so ultra unique and special that they can't have names like Tommy and Janet (for those older than me, substitute Dick and Jane, for those younger than me, beats the hell out of me. Ha!). After all, why name your kid Michelle when Moxie Crimefighter is just sitting there waiting to be chosen?

The following are celebrity baby names that vary on the WTF? scale. You only need to name one parent. If you choose to name both guilty parties, there will be an extra five points in it for you but beware, messing up the second parent voids all points for that question.

1. Scout Larue

2. Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily

3. Kal-el

4. Seven Sirius

5. Pilot Inspektor (Did they have to compound the injustice by using the K?)

QOD: You can trace the path to conservatism of this one time "free spirited" actress. Her first two children are named Sunshine and Harmony. Her next three? William, Charles and Edward.

Bonus: 5 points for each of the 5 Phoenix siblings you can name (Joaquin got a fairly normal name so he chose a different one, to 'fit in'. Ha! You'll need his name before he changed back to Joaquin.)

mrkelley23

Re: QOD Sunday 12-23 "THEY'RE JUST CHILDREN!"

#2 Post by mrkelley23 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:13 am

fantine33 wrote:12-23 They're Just Children!

Parents generally think that their little angels are the most darling, talented, perfect little snowflakes in the known universe. We childless types have learned to adapt. But normal people don't have a thing on celebrities, whose spawn are so ultra unique and special that they can't have names like Tommy and Janet (for those older than me, substitute Dick and Jane, for those younger than me, beats the hell out of me. Ha!). After all, why name your kid Michelle when Moxie Crimefighter is just sitting there waiting to be chosen?

The following are celebrity baby names that vary on the WTF? scale. You only need to name one parent. If you choose to name both guilty parties, there will be an extra five points in it for you but beware, messing up the second parent voids all points for that question.

1. Scout Larue

3. Kal-el

4. Seven Sirius

QOD: You can trace the path to conservatism of this one time "free spirited" actress. Her first two children are named Sunshine and Harmony. Her next three? William, Charles and Edward.

Bonus: 5 points for each of the 5 Phoenix siblings you can name (Joaquin got a fairly normal name so he chose a different one, to 'fit in'. Ha! You'll need his name before he changed back to Joaquin.)
Spoiler
1. Bruce Willis and Demi Moore
2. Guess for vanity's sake Woody Allen
3. Nicolas Cage
4. Nope
5. Jason Lee

QoD: Susan St. James

Bonus: River, Summer, Rain, Liberty, Leaf
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

mikehardware

#3 Post by mikehardware » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:30 am

Spoiler
I got nothing for today...

KillerTomato

#4 Post by KillerTomato » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:37 am

Spoiler

2. Nope

3. Nicolas Cage (his wife's name is Alice...do I need a last name?)

4. I AM Sirius...but don't call me Shirley.

5. Jason Lee

QOD: I got nuthin.

Bonus: I did a whole J! category for an online site on the Phoenixes. River, Rain, Summer and Liberty are the siblings. But I didn't know Joaquin changed his name at one time.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

andrewjackson

#5 Post by andrewjackson » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:00 am

Spoiler

2. Nope

3. I'm guessing you don't want Jor-El and Lara but other than that I got nothing.

4. Nope

5. Nope

QOD: PASS

Bonus: Joaquin was Leaf for a while. I know River and Rain for sure. I'll WAG Mountain and Storm.
No matter where you go, there you are.

ne1410s

#6 Post by ne1410s » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:26 am

Spoiler
1. Scout Larue --DEMI MOORE AND BRUCE WILLIS

2. Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily --CHARLIE CHAN

3. Kal-el --NICOLAS CAGE

4. Seven Sirius -- CLYDE TOMBAUGH

5. Pilot Inspektor (Did they have to compound the injustice by using the K?) --PETER GRAVES

QOD: You can trace the path to conservatism of this one time "free spirited" actress. Her first two children are named Sunshine and Harmony. Her next three? William, Charles and Edward. MIA FARROW

Bonus: 5 points for each of the 5 Phoenix siblings you can name (Joaquin got a fairly normal name so he chose a different one, to 'fit in'. Ha! You'll need his name before he changed back to Joaquin.) RIVER, SUMMER

"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

wintergreen48

#7 Post by wintergreen48 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:36 am

Spoiler
1. Scout Larue = Bruce Willis and Demi Moore

2. Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily = I should know but do not

3. Kal-el = Jor-el and Lara (OK, I know you probably want someone else, but they are the original parents)

4. Seven Sirius = NAC

5. Pilot Inspektor (Did they have to compound the injustice by using the K?) = NAC

QOD: You can trace the path to conservatism of this one time "free spirited" actress. Her first two children are named Sunshine and Harmony. Her next three? William, Charles and Edward. = Pass

Bonus: 5 points for each of the 5 Phoenix siblings you can name (Joaquin got a fairly normal name so he chose a different one, to 'fit in'. Ha! You'll need his n
ame before he changed back to Joaquin.) River and, um, River

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#8 Post by AnnieCamaro » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:50 am

In my opinion, every child and every dog should have a sensible name like Annie. I feel sorry for the ones who don't, like Goofy and Elizabeth.
Spoiler
1. Scout Larue -- Mr. Bruce Willis and Miss Demi Moore

2. Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily --

3. Kal-el -- Mr. Nicholas Cage and Mrs. Cage

4. Seven Sirius

5. Pilot Inspektor (Did they have to compound the injustice by using the K?) -- That Earl guy, Mr. Jason Lee

Bonus: 5 points for each of the 5 Phoenix siblings you can name (Joaquin got a fairly normal name so he chose a different one, to 'fit in'. Ha! You'll need his name before he changed back to Joaquin.) -- River, Rain, Summer, Salad, and Spinach.
My mom sometimes watches E!, which I think is dumb. Now I'm glad she does, or I wouldn't know any of these.
Sou iu koto de.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#9 Post by kayrharris » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:12 am

Spoiler

1. Scout Larue

3. Kal-el

4. Seven Sirius

Bonus: 5 points for each of the 5 Phoenix siblings you can name (Joaquin got a fairly normal name so he chose a different one, to 'fit in'. Ha! You'll need his name before he changed back to Joaquin.)[/quote]

1. Bruce Willis & Demi Moore (yay, I know one!)
2. Nope
3. Nope
4. Are you kidding me? Is this a real name? Poor kid.
5. Nope - another one I feel sorry for...

I obviously need to get out more or read more pop culture stuff or something.

QOD - Only because I actually liked her way back when - Susan St James

Bonus - Only one I can think of is River Phoenix

traininvain

#10 Post by traininvain » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:16 am

Spoiler

1. Bruce Willis & Demi Moore

2. Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily No clue

3. Nicolas Cage (A fairly cool name, although quite ridiculous. Father Nick never did get a chance to play Superman in the movies)

4. Seven Sirius No clue

5. Pilot Inspektor (Did they have to compound the injustice by using the K?) This one sounds familiar, but I can't remember who the parents are.

QOD: You can trace the path to conservatism of this one time "free spirited" actress. Her first two children are named Sunshine and Harmony. Her next three? William, Charles and Edward. No clue

Bonus: 5 points for each of the 5 Phoenix siblings you can name (Joaquin got a fairly normal name so he chose a different one, to 'fit in'. Ha! You'll need his name before he changed back to Joaquin.)[/quote] River
Enjoy every sandwich

ToLiveIsToFly

#11 Post by ToLiveIsToFly » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:22 am

Spoiler
1. Scout Larue
DEMI MOORE AND BRUCE WILLIS

WENDY AND PETER PAN

3. Kal-el
NICHOLAS CAGE

4. Seven Sirius
NOPE

JASON LEE

NOPE

RIVER, RAIN

a1mamacat

#12 Post by a1mamacat » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:34 am

Parents generally think that their little angels are the most darling, talented, perfect little snowflakes in the known universe.
Oh Puleeeeeease, have you read PSM and my posts lately?!?!?!?!?! ;^)
We childless types have learned to adapt. But normal people don't have a thing on celebrities, whose spawn are so ultra unique and special that they can't have names like Tommy and Janet (for those older than me, substitute Dick and Jane, for those younger than me, beats the hell out of me. Ha!). After all, why name your kid Michelle when Moxie Crimefighter is just sitting there waiting to be chosen?

Spoiler
1. Scout Larue - Demi Moore

3. Kal-el - Jor-El and Lara

4. Seven Sirius - Harry and Ginny Potter

Bonus: 5 points for each of the 5 Phoenix siblings you can name (Joaquin got a fairly normal name so he chose a different one, to 'fit in'. Ha! You'll need his name before he changed back to Joaquin.) Summer and Rain and don't know the others
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

VAdame

#13 Post by VAdame » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:24 pm

Spoiler
1. Scout Larue
Bruce Willis & Demi Moore

3. Kal-el
Nicholas Cage

4. Seven Sirius

Jason Lee -- Inspired by the Grandaddy song "He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot." Shoot, I still like Jason though ;-)

Whoa -- this one I actually know! It was "Leaf." River, Rain. Forget the others.
Hee hee -- this is a little close to home, to a woman whose grandchildren are Miracle Diamond, Cherish Isabella, Elijah Payne (Payne is paternal Grandma's maiden name), Destinee Opal, Serenity Gayle, and Justice Marie!

Baby "Angelo" is still in utero -- we may yet have a Christmas or New Years baby! His name has undergone a slight change, but I will reveal it after he's born :D

tanstaafl2

#14 Post by tanstaafl2 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:21 pm

We childless types have learned to adapt.
To one degree or another. Some days are better than others...
Spoiler

1. Scout Larue
Bruce Willis and Demi Moore

I dunno. Woody Allen?

3. Kal-el
Nicholas Cage

4. Seven Sirius
Don't have a good guess. Hell, I don't even have a bad guess.

Well, that's just plain stoopid. See 4 above...

Nope

Bonus: 5 points for each of the 5 Phoenix siblings you can name (Joaquin got a fairly normal name so he chose a different one, to 'fit in'. Ha! You'll need his name before he changed back to Joaquin
River and Summer. Don't know the rest but lets just guess Autumn, Winter and Spring...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

themanintheseersuckersuit

#15 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:08 pm

1. Scout Larue Demi Moore and Bruce Willis

2. Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily Nope

3. Kal-el Keifer Sutherland

4. Seven Sirius Nope

5. Pilot Inspektor (Did they have to compound the injustice by using the K?) nope

Bonus: 5 points for each of the 5 Phoenix siblings you can name (Joaquin got a fairly normal name so he chose a different one, to 'fit in'. Ha! You'll need his name before he changed back to Joaquin.) River is all I got
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#16 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:35 pm

Spoiler
1-Bruce Willis and Demi Moore
2-Michael Hutchence (ex-INXS singer) and Paula Yates, who also had some colorfully named kids with Bob Geldof)
3-Nicholas Cage
4-
5-Jason Lee

QOD: ???
Bonus: Rain, River, Leaf, Harpo, Zeppo
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

NellyLunatic1980

#17 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:23 pm

Spoiler
1. Scout Larue
Bruce Willis and Demi Moore

Michael Hutchence

3. Kal-el
pass

4. Seven Sirius
Andre Benjamin (Andre 3000 of OutKast) and Erykah Badu

Jason Lee

Susan Saint James (son Edward Ebersol died in that plane crash three years ago)

River, Leaf (Joaquin's faux name back when he did films like "Space Camp"), Summer, Liberty, Rain

earendel

#18 Post by earendel » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:53 pm

OK, from the sublime to the ridiculous. Celebrity names don't usually stick with me.
fantine33 wrote:1. Scout Larue

3. Kal-el

4. Seven Sirius

Spoiler
1.Bruce Willis and Demi Moore
2. nope
3. birth parents - Jor-El and Lara; foster parents Martha and Jonathan Kent
4. nope
5. nope

QoD - Susan Saint James and Dick Ebersol

5 point bonus - River, and Leaf (Joaquin's "intermediate" name) are all I know.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ghostjmf

#19 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:28 pm

Spoiler
I know this! Barbara Hershey, at one time Barbara Sunshine or something like that. Well, it wouldn't be Sunshine Sunshine, would it, so go for "something like that". Seagull! Barbara Seagull, that was it.

She is these days cougaring it, a verb I learned the noun-form of fromsyndi-BAM, with that actor who plays the Iraqi guy on Lost. The show is not on right now, so I can't remember either his real or his show name. At least, she was cougaring it with him when last I read about the 2.
Spoiler
River, uh, Wind, Tree, Planet, Starship, Potted-Plant-by-the-Big-Stream, I give up

peacock2121

#20 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:26 am

Spoiler
1. Scout Larue - Demi Moore and Bruce Willis

2. Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily - Merdith Viera and Richard Cohen

3. Kal-el - George C Scott

4. Seven Sirius - Howard Stern - what with how much money he made from Serius, he should name a kid after them.

5. Pilot Inspektor (Did they have to compound the injustice by using the K?) - Jason Lee

QOD: You can trace the path to conservatism of this one time "free spirited" actress. Her first two children are named Sunshine and Harmony. Her next three? William, Charles and Edward. I didn't know this until the plane crash - Susan St James

Bonus: 5 points for each of the 5 Phoenix siblings you can name (Joaquin got a fairly normal name so he chose a different one, to 'fit in'. Ha! You'll need his name before he changed back to Joaquin.) Joaquin was Leaf - the others.... River, Summer, Spring, Ocean

tanstaafl2

#21 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:08 am

ghostjmf wrote:
Spoiler
I know this! Barbara Hershey, at one time Barbara Sunshine or something like that. Well, it wouldn't be Sunshine Sunshine, would it, so go for "something like that". Seagull! Barbara Seagull, that was it.

She is these days cougaring it, a verb I learned the noun-form of fromsyndi-BAM, with that actor who plays the Iraqi guy on Lost. The show is not on right now, so I can't remember either his real or his show name. At least, she was cougaring it with him when last I read about the 2.
I first remember the term "cougar" in that context from the show Mr. Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos, hosted recently called "Age of Love" that had younger and older women battling in a Batchelor type show. Never saw the show, just heard about it on the Regis Lee and Kelly Lee show.

Has the term been around before that?
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

mrkelley23

#22 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:18 am

tanstaafl2 wrote:
ghostjmf wrote:
Spoiler

I first remember the term "cougar" in that context from the show Mr. Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos, hosted recently called "Age of Love" that had younger and older women battling in a Batchelor type show. Never saw the show, just heard about it on the Regis Lee and Kelly Lee show.

Has the term been around before that?
since at least 1999, according to this article:

http://tinyurl.com/29ef5g
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

fantine33

#23 Post by fantine33 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:36 pm

I had forgotten until after I posted this that the entire reason that I came up with the category was that I wanted to use Speck Wildhorse and then I left it out! Everybody who adds "20 point bonus: John Mellencamp" to their Thursday QOD response gets an extra 20 points. I just want to see how many people actually bother to read the answers. Ha! This offer is void if it's replied to in this thread or mentioned in another one. Shhhhh!

1. Scout Larue

BRUCE WILLIS and DEMI MOORE

MICHAEL HUTCHENCE and PAULA YATES

Heavenly Hirani actually didn't make out too bad, considering that her half sisters have names better suited for a porn star or a teacup poodle (Fifi Trixiebelle, Peaches Honeyblossom and Little Pixie). Ha!

3. Kal-el

NICOLAS CAGE and ALICE KIM

I split the difference for KT (I didn't give points for Alice but I didn't deduct points for no Kim) and for Annie (didn't deduct for Mrs. didn't give for Cage)

4. Seven Sirius

ANDRE BENJAMIN (Andre3000) and ERYKAH BADU

JASON LEE and BETH REISGRAF

SUSAN SAINT JAMES

Split the difference for earendel (didn't give for Saint James, didn't deduct for Ebersol)

RIVER, RAIN, SUMMER, LIBERTAD (Liberty) and LEAF

My favourite fact about the Phoenix clan is that before they adopted Phoenix, their given last name was Bottom. That's right, his birth name was River Bottom.

Quiz QOD Bonus Total
50 50 25 125 nelly
35 35 25 95 mrkelley
50 0 15 65 tbone
25 25 15 65 peacock
35 0 20 55 KillerTomato
35 0 15 50 AnnieCamaro
35 0 15 50 VAdame
35 0 10 45 tanstaafl
35 0 10 45 ToLiveisToFly
25 0 10 35 ne1410s
15 15 5 35 kayrharris
25 0 5 30 traininvain
15 0 15 30 andrewjackson
15 0 10 25 earendel
15 0 5 20 seersucker
15 0 5 20 wintergreen
10 0 10 20 saucy
0 0 0 0 mikehardware
0 -10 5 -5 ghostjmf

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#24 Post by kayrharris » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:28 am

Aggravation on myself!! I even made a semi mental note about the extra 20 pt bonus, but did I remember? Of course not!

:oops:

Great games, Fan. Thanks!

tlynn78

#25 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:32 pm

Spoiler
1. Bruce Willis and Demi Morre
2. I've heard the name, but whoever committed it escapes me.
3. NIck Cage and Alice Kim
4. Erykah Badhu and ?
5. see number 2

QoD

Susan St. James

Bonus

Rain, RIver, Summer, Leaf
t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire