WWTBAM Play It Host

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
PlacentiaSoccerMom

WWTBAM Play It Host

#1 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:36 pm

My oldest is participating in something called Comedy Sportz. Because she spent most of the day Saturday doing workshops, I decided to search on the internet to find out more information about it. (She's told me that it's like Whose Line Is It Anway.)

Anyway, I ended up on the web site for LA's Comedy Sportz. One of the players listed is Mark Mohelnitzky, who some people may remember as being the host of WWTBAM Play It.

I did a Google search to see what projects Mark was working on and I was directed to the Mark Wong entry of Wikepedia. Apparently as "Mark Wong" he works on a local LA station doing the news.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:46 pm

I checked his Wikipedia entry but I can't recall seeing him as a Play It host. How long has that been shut down at DCA now? :(

"Mark Wong" gives a distinctly different ethnic impression than "Mark Mohelnitzky". :wink:

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: WWTBAM Play It Host

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:02 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:My oldest is participating in something called Comedy Sportz. Because she spent most of the day Saturday doing workshops, I decided to search on the internet to find out more information about it. (She's told me that it's like Whose Line Is It Anway.)

Anyway, I ended up on the web site for LA's Comedy Sportz. One of the players listed is Mark Mohelnitzky, who some people may remember as being the host of WWTBAM Play It.

I did a Google search to see what projects Mark was working on and I was directed to the Mark Wong entry of Wikepedia. Apparently as "Mark Wong" he works on a local LA station doing the news.
Mark was my host both times I brought down confetti. I have very fond memories of him. --Bob

plasticene

#4 Post by plasticene » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:07 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:My oldest is participating in something called Comedy Sportz. Because she spent most of the day Saturday doing workshops, I decided to search on the internet to find out more information about it. (She's told me that it's like Whose Line Is It Anway.)

He's on Rick Dees show on "Movin' 93-9". I've listened a few times on the way to work, and I get a kick out of hearing Mark's voice again. The sole reason for giving him the name "Wong" was in order to employ the unbelievably lame tag line, "You heard it right from Wong." :roll:

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:09 pm

plasticene wrote:The sole reason for giving him the name "Wong" was in order to employ the unbelievably lame tag line, "You heard it right from Wong." :roll:
Ok, I was wondering how you could go from Mohelnitsky to Wong or even vice versa.

AlphaDummy
Mr. Top Ten

#6 Post by AlphaDummy » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:55 pm

I want to see a picture of her the first time she gets "bagged". :lol: :wink:

CSz is a must-see whenever we get down to Summerfest in Milwaukee. Lemme know if she ever ends up doing a road trip...
"Again" - Herb Brooks (as played by Kurt Russell)