PT-BAM Transcripts: Rebecca Kesler (8/16/09)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

PT-BAM Transcripts: Rebecca Kesler (8/16/09)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:55 am

8/16/09 Ring of Fire ™

Mike Frame- Novi, MI
Stephanie Osorio- Gainesville, FL
Richard Meissner- New York, NY
Ellen Gaines- Dunnsville, VA
Leah Asbury- Pryor, OK
Dale Shackley- Stanwood, WA
Renee Vanlandingham- Pendleton, IN
Rebecca Kesler- Van Buren Twp, MI
Steve Elia- Vail, AZ
Benny Shum- East Palo Alto, CA

1st FF Question

Put these musical “food” groups in the order in which they released their debut albums, starting with the earliest.

A- Red Hot Chili Peppers B- Cream
C- The Black Eyed Peas D- The Cranberries
Spoiler
BADC
And the winner is:

Mike Frame- 10.66 s
Richard Meissner- 7.48 s
Leah Asbury- 16.45 s
Renee Vanlandingham- 7.20 s
Steve Elia-
Benny Shum-
Rebecca Kesler- 6.04 s
Dale Shackley-
Ellen Gaines-
Stephanie Osorio-

Commercial Break

Rebecca is a former attorney, now stay-at-home mom with twin sons (18 months old). This is her first time away from them. Her husband Tim is in the relationship seat. He was on Super Millionaire, but never got out of the Ring of Fire ™.

Categories:

Bottoms Up
Storm Trackers
Medal Count
Government Rituals
Little Cuties
Heads or Tails
If You Build It
The Roots
In the ER
Text Me
On “Le Menu”
The Love Boat
Spice it Up
Secret Ingredient
Back to Reality

$100 (Back to Reality):- What reality show’s 2009 finale featured a marriage proposal with a $60,000 engagement ring?

A- The Amazing Race B- The Bachelorette
C- Dancing With the Stars D- America’s Next Top Divorce
Spoiler
B- The Bachelorette (3)
$200 (Secret Ingredient)- A popular candy store item, “Twix PB”, are Twix bars with what added flavor?

A- Pancake batter B- Peach brandy
C- Peanut butter D- Pickle brine
Spoiler
C- Peanut butter (4)
$300 (Spice it Up)- Which of the following is a classic men’s toiletry brand and not one of the Spice Girls?

A- Ginger Spice B- Baby Spice
C- Scary Spice D- Old Spice
Spoiler
D- Old Spice (3)
$500 (The Love Boat)- Presumably named after the love of his life, “The Olive” is a boat belonging to what cartoon character?

A- Yogi Bear B- Fred Flintstone
C- Popeye D- George Jetson
Spoiler
C- Popeye (4)
$1,000 (On “Le menu”)- At a French restaurant, what type of beverage will you get if you order “un citron presse”?

A- Lemonade B- Iced tea
C- Hot chocolate D- Root beer
Spoiler
A- Lemonade (3)
$2,000 (Text Me)- If “ASAP” is too long, text messengers can type what three-letter abbreviation to mean “immediately”?

A- BTW B- PDQ
C- TMI D- LOL

As seconds tick away, Rebecca tells us she knows what all the wrong answers are, before giving the right answer.
Spoiler
B- PDQ (4)
$4,000 (in the ER)- A medical device used to monitor blood oxygen levels, a pulse oximeter is almost always attached to what part of the body?

A- Chest B- Upper Arm
C- Ankle D- Fingertip
Spoiler
D- Fingertip (19)
$8,000 (The Roots)- Sousaphone player Damon Bryson, a member of the “late Night” hip-hop band The Roots, is fittingly known by what nickname?

A- Tuba Gooding Jr. B- Donald Trumpet
C- Mean Banjo Green D- Harmonica Seles

With 15 seconds left, Rebecca uses the ATA lifeline

ATA Results:
Spoiler
A- 66%, B- 14%, C- 15%, D- 5% (apparently, a sizable portion of the audience can’t pick up clues within the question, either. Or else don’t know what a sousaphone is. This former sousaphone player is appalled!)
Spoiler
A- Tuba Gooding Jr. (11)
Commercial Break- we get a look at the celebrity for today, Rachel Ray

After the break, we get a flashback to first Million-Dollar winner John Carpenter.

John is in the audience with his wife, son, and father. John’s father remarks that John never needs his help. John’s wife wanted a trip to Paris with the million, and Debbie’s been there twice…before she knew him! So he has not fulfilled her wish yet.

$16,000 (If You Build It)- What world-famous building has a roof that was reportedly inspired by the sections of an orange?

A- Pompidou Center B- Guggenheim Museum Bilbao
C- Sydney Opera House D- Sears Tower

(Note- the Sears Tower?!?!?!?!? Can we not make it THAT easy to eliminate an answer?)

Rebecca ponders as time “dramatically” ticks away and then “guesses” the right answer, hoping her husband won’t “kill her” if she’s wrong.
Spoiler
C- Sydney Opera House (5)
$25,000 (Heads or Tails)- A psychopathic killer asks “what’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?” in a chilling scene from what acclaimed movie?

A- There Will Be Blood B- No Country for Old Men
C- Michael Clayton D- 3:10 to Yuma

With 15 seconds left, Rebecca uses her PAF lifeline. She calls her friend Sara, who dreamily responds to the call “Regis!”.

PAF Result:
Spoiler
B- No Country for Old Men
Spoiler
B- No Country for Old Men (10)
Commercial Break

It’s Rebecca and Tim’s 10th anniversary on August 7. They met when both worked at a Mountain Jack’s- she was a hostess, he was a waiter. They can’t remember who made the first move, although Rebecca says “there was a lot of alcohol involved” (transcriptionist's note: according to Seinfeld, that’s how just about everyone gets together, since 95% of the population is undate-able! I'll buy that)

$50,000 (Little Cuties)- The Secret Service reportedly refer to Malia and Sasha Obama by what code names?

A- Radiance & Rosebud B- Twist & Shout
C- Junebug & Kittycat D- Pigtail & Ponytail

With 35 seconds left, Rebecca uses her ATE lifeline. Yet more flirting between Regis and Connie (maybe that was her voice after all!)

ATE Results:
Spoiler
A- Radiance & Rosebud. She is about 50% or more sure.
More “drama” as Rebecca thinks out loud before answering.
Spoiler
A- Radiance & Rosebud (16)
Commercial Break

Tim says they’re going to use the money to go out to dinner. Somewhere, I think I heard _TPTB_ sobbing over such an uncreative answer.

$100,000 (Medal Count)- In 2009, the Presidency of the European Union was passed from the Czech Republic to Sweden with a symbolic handover of what?

A- Wheel of cheese B- Wooden marionette
C- Crystal lantern D- Keg of Beer

Rebecca decides to walk with $50,000, but not before more “drama” as she sits silently as time ticks away before finally saying she'll walk.
Spoiler
D- Keg of beer
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NellyLunatic1980

Re: PT-BAM Transcripts: Rebecca Kesler (8/16/09)

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:02 am

$4K: Never heard of a pulse oximeter. ATA.

$100K: No clue on this one. I'll try Connie Chung first. If she doesn't know, I'll also PAF.

summus123

#3 Post by summus123 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:13 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:

$16,000 (If You Build It)- What world-famous building has a roof that was reportedly inspired by the sections of an orange?

(Note- the Sears Tower?!?!?!?!? Can we not make it THAT easy to eliminate an answer?)
And there is no Sears Tower, it's called the Willis Tower...

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:18 am

summus123 wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:

Some of us on the Bored refuse to address it as such.

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:28 am

I got 'em all. I would have used the ATA on the movie quote. I remember the quote and only saw "No country for Old Men" and "Michael Clayton" but was pretty darn sure it was NCFOM. But, would have ATA anyway.

Looking at $250K with PaF, ATE, and DD.

But when watching the show, I missed the FF. I confused Cranberries with Rasberries. Oops.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:36 pm

I flipped the Cranberries & Chili Peppers in the order today. Don't recall what I did night of show. Wouldn't place on FF today, at any rate.

16K: Well, its not the Sears Tower, & of the others the only roof I've seen is the Sydney Opera House. By a stretch you could say it looks like segments of orange.

I fear I would be burning my ATA here "to be sure".

25K: Haven't seen movie but have seen this scene, in previews, repeatedly.

50K: Have read this. They maybe could have thrown me off with very similar sounding names, but didn't try.

100K: Is this what every country "hands off", or does the country get to choose its "characteristic produce". If the latter, its beer for the Czech Rep. But I also think it would be crazy to just guess. PAF time.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#7 Post by Estonut » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:38 pm

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:$4K: Never heard of a pulse oximeter. ATA.

$100K: No clue on this one. I'll try Connie Chung first. If she doesn't know, I'll also PAF.
It was posted here when it happened. You commented in the thread...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20187&p=234329#p234329
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Jeemie

#8 Post by Jeemie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Estonut wrote:

A-HA!!!!

That's why I knew this one!!!

Thanks, Bored!!!
1979 City of Champions 2009

hbomb1947

#9 Post by hbomb1947 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Estonut wrote:

That post was made several weeks after it happened (as the dateline on the linked article makes clear), but one day after the taping of the BAM episode on which the question was asked. Coincidentally, the BB who posted the link to the article was in the audience for that taping. :D So if you got it only because of that thread on this bored, you shouldn't assume you would have gotten it on the day of the taping.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#10 Post by Estonut » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:18 pm

hbomb1947 wrote:
Estonut wrote:

That post was made several weeks after it happened (as the dateline on the linked article makes clear), but one day after the taping of the BAM episode on which the question was asked. Coincidentally, the BB who posted the link to the article was in the audience for that taping. :D So if you got it only because of that thread on this bored, you shouldn't assume you would have gotten it on the day of the taping.
I don't recall stating whether or not I would have gotten it on the day of the taping. The only assumption I made was that Nelly should have remembered something he commented about just 16 days earlier...

ETA: Before someone corrects me, let me change that to 15 days...
Last edited by Estonut on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

tanstaafl2

#11 Post by tanstaafl2 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:19 pm

BackInTex wrote:I got 'em all. I would have used the ATA on the movie quote. I remember the quote and only saw "No country for Old Men" and "Michael Clayton" but was pretty darn sure it was NCFOM. But, would have ATA anyway.

Looking at $250K with PaF, ATE, and DD.

But when watching the show, I missed the FF. I confused Cranberries with Rasberries. Oops.
My visual/auditory dyslexia on sousaphone/saxophone would have hurt me on this one. Otherwise I would gotten to $250K as well. Probably would have used ATA as well and then kicked myself once I realized my mistake. Not that ATA would likely be much use at $250K. Though you never know I suppose.

Not that I would have been there to start with since I mixed up Cranberries with Black Eyed Peas. That I even recognized all four of these bands was a small victory I suppose given my limited pop music knowledge base.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

mikehardware

#12 Post by mikehardware » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 am

Would someone be so kind as to check their recording for the category tree for this contestant? The transcript is only showing 14 of the 15. (Apologies. Just trying to do the spreadsheet, and it's the OCD in me kicking in to get it complete. Extreme gratitude!)

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#13 Post by frogman042 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:34 am

summus123 wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:

What'choo talkin' 'bout!

Jeemie

#14 Post by Jeemie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:56 am

mikehardware wrote:Would someone be so kind as to check their recording for the category tree for this contestant? The transcript is only showing 14 of the 15. (Apologies. Just trying to do the spreadsheet, and it's the OCD in me kicking in to get it complete. Extreme gratitude!)
Oops!

I did these transcripts.

I will check and get back to you.
1979 City of Champions 2009

NellyLunatic1980

#15 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:01 am

Estonut wrote:

Well... once again, my memory failed me.