top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:33 am

Our Christmas banquet was last night and the entertainment was superb. Our church's orchestra (yes, orchestra) performed several Leory Anderson pieces (this is the 100th anniversary of his birth, which shows you what I know - I thought he was a contemporary), and a vocal ensemble including yours truly sang some holiday pieces. I even got to do a duet (almost a solo) on "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer". elwing got a video of the number and suggested that I post it on YouTube. I told her I wasn't remotely interested in doing any such thing. It's not a bad rendition, if I do say so myself (I normally don't like to hear myself sing).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:28 am

earendel wrote:I even got to do a duet (almost a solo) on "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer". elwing got a video of the number and suggested that I post it on YouTube. I told her I wasn't remotely interested in doing any such thing. It's not a bad rendition, if I do say so myself (I normally don't like to hear myself sing).
Hurrah!

You must follow elwing's suggestion, so the Bored can enjoy this! :D

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#3 Post by cindy.wellman » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:27 am

earendel wrote:Our Christmas banquet was last night and the entertainment was superb. Our church's orchestra (yes, orchestra) performed several Leory Anderson pieces (this is the 100th anniversary of his birth, which shows you what I know - I thought he was a contemporary), and a vocal ensemble including yours truly sang some holiday pieces. I even got to do a duet (almost a solo) on "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer". elwing got a video of the number and suggested that I post it on YouTube. I told her I wasn't remotely interested in doing any such thing. It's not a bad rendition, if I do say so myself (I normally don't like to hear myself sing).
Great news! I'm glad it went so well. I was wondering if you ended up singing the song, as I must have missed the post stating that you had decided to go ahead with it. Cute song! I love Christmas concerts.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:48 pm

My sister lives in Louisville and she played piano for a party Saturday. The hostess told her they would spend about 45 minutes singing Christmas songs with guests making requests. My sister can play just about anything and had every Christmas song book she owns with her.

What was the first song requested?
Spoiler
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer

The ONLY song she didn't have the music for & she refused to "wing it". The group had to sing it without the piano. :roll:

themanintheseersuckersuit

Ten Worst Christmas Songs

#5 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:46 pm

Here is a list of the Ten Worst Christmas Songs Ever, any guesses as to No. 1?

http://teenymanolo.com/2007/12/16/listm ... ongs-ever/
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#6 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:14 pm

Don't forget to watch Clash of the Choirs tonight!

http://tinyurl.com/2bazjh

Maybe they'll do Bolton's version of White Christmas.....
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Dominick the Donkey
Merry Man

Re: Ten Worst Christmas Songs

#7 Post by Dominick the Donkey » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:11 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Here is a list of the Ten Worst Christmas Songs Ever, any guesses as to No. 1?

http://teenymanolo.com/2007/12/16/listm ... ongs-ever/
I want to know what's up with #8! Someone's going to get kicked when they least expect it...
HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw