WG Update

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

Re: WG Update

#26 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:32 am

TheCalvinator24 wrote:Had another hit last night:

You have entered 537 Bills worth $1,792
Bills with hits: 24 Total hits: 25
Hit rate: 4.47% Slugging Percentage: 4.66% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 576.53
Your rank (based on George Score) is #9,050
(out of 52,113 current users with a George Score. [82.6 Percentile])
Your State Rank in Texas is: 379 out of 7,997 [95.3]
You'll be keeping pace with christie and me in no time, Cal! :)

TheCalvinator24

#27 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Here comes another one:

You have entered 541 Bills worth $1,796
Bills with hits: 25 Total hits: 26
Hit rate: 4.62% Slugging Percentage: 4.81% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 580.45
Your rank (based on George Score) is #9,060
(out of 52,330 current users with a George Score. [82.7 Percentile])
Your State Rank in Texas is: 379 out of 7,997 [95.3]
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#28 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:08 am

I figure this is as good a place and time as any to update my Hits by County map.....
It's BIG!
Gray: 0 hits
Blue: 1-2 hits
Green: 3-5 hits
Yellow: 6-10 hits
Orange: 11-20 hits
Red: 21 or more hits

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

christie1111
11:11

#29 Post by christie1111 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:13 am

'Your Bills' Summary Statistics - Hide
You have entered 349 Bills worth $349
Bills with hits: 33 Total hits: 34
Hit rate: 9.46% Slugging Percentage: 9.74% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 597.51
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,694
(out of 52,269 current users with a George Score. [83.4 Percentile])

Calvin's had something about a state score and mine doesn't.

Hmmmm
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#30 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:17 am

christie1111 wrote:'Your Bills' Summary Statistics - Hide

Hmmmm

That doesn't seem to be a Friends only feature, so I don't know why it doesn't list your CT ranking.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Lackadaisical Stumblebum
Merry Man

#31 Post by Lackadaisical Stumblebum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:20 am

littlebeast13 wrote:I figure this is as good a place and time as any to update my Hits by County map.....
It's BIG!

lb13
I find this fascinating, in a non-fascinating sort of way. And I'm assuming the western reds are LA, San Diego and Phoenix (but why San Diego and Phoenix?), but if it was just about population, how come no red all up and down the east coast, which is pretty damned populated (including NYC and Boston). And what about those two pockets in Texas?

I also see that El Paso (and not Denver) is still reprensentin' for Colorado.

To what do you attribute the little pockets of orange and red? Obviously most of it would be concentrated around where you live, so the Illinois and Missouri is expected.
Sharing smokes and a cup of joe with my friend, Insouciant Ruffian. Good times!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#32 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:24 am

Lackadaisical Stumblebum wrote:I find this fascinating, in a non-fascinating sort of way. And I'm assuming the western reds are LA, San Diego and Phoenix (but why San Diego and Phoenix?), but if it was just about population, how come no red all up and down the east coast, which is pretty damned populated (including NYC and Boston). And what about those two pockets in Texas?

To what do you attribute the little pockets of orange and red? Obviously most of it would be concentrated around where you live, so the Illinois and Missouri is expected.

It is VERY fascinating.... and not just in a nerdy WG kind of way......

The west coast east coast thing is easy...... bigger counties out west. New York City itself is in what, about 5 or 6 different counties? And they are so small, you can't even really see them on the map.

BTW, if you take a real real close look by the San Francisco Bay, you'll see a tiny dot of orange.....

it is also plain to see from the bigger than normal concentrations that since my WG saga began 6 years ago there are only 4 places I've visited..... Chicago, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, and of course many visits to Kansas City......

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#33 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:28 am

littlebeast13 wrote:it is also plain to see from the bigger than normal concentrations that since my WG saga began 6 years ago there are only 4 places I've visited..... Chicago, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, and of course many visits to Kansas City......

lb13

Damn, how could I forget Paducah! I even ripped their Mecca's cleaning aisle so bad when I visited it last year that the employees were running for cover.....

lb13

TheCalvinator24

#34 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:29 am

Lackadaisical Stumblebum wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:I figure this is as good a place and time as any to update my Hits by County map.....
It's BIG!

lb13
I find this fascinating, in a non-fascinating sort of way. And I'm assuming the western reds are LA, San Diego and Phoenix (but why San Diego and Phoenix?), but if it was just about population, how come no red all up and down the east coast, which is pretty damned populated (including NYC and Boston). And what about those two pockets in Texas?

The two Red counties in Texas are Dallas and Harris. My guess is that a fairly large number of people fly into and out of the airports in the major cities. Especially because Southwest airlines flies lots of routes to St Louis out of both Houston and Dallas. Well, I know they do out of Dallas, and I assume they do out of Houston.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

Lackadaisical Stumblebum
Merry Man

#35 Post by Lackadaisical Stumblebum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:31 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Lackadaisical Stumblebum wrote:I find this fascinating, in a non-fascinating sort of way. And I'm assuming the western reds are LA, San Diego and Phoenix (but why San Diego and Phoenix?), but if it was just about population, how come no red all up and down the east coast, which is pretty damned populated (including NYC and Boston). And what about those two pockets in Texas?

It is VERY fascinating.... and not just in a nerdy WG kind of way......

The west coast east coast thing is easy...... bigger counties out west. New York City itself is in what, about 5 or 6 different counties? And they are so small, you can't even really see them on the map.
Never thought about the county size thing. Like someone goes across the street in NYC and it spreads out your county hits there. Maybe that also explains why you get more Springs action than Denver.

Any explanation for the two Texas spots, though?

littlebeast13 wrote:BTW, if you take a real real close look by the San Francisco Bay, you'll see a tiny dot of orange.....
Look again, I think that's Willie McCovey.....
littlebeast13 wrote:it is also plain to see from the bigger than normal concentrations that since my WG saga began 6 years ago there are only 4 places I've visited..... Chicago, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, and of course many visits to Kansas City......

lb13
I tossed Georges all over the Can and got jack diddly in return. Maybe I'll have to come out of WG retirement and give that experiment another whirl this year....

Lackadaisical Stumblebum
Merry Man

#36 Post by Lackadaisical Stumblebum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:33 am

TheCalvinator24 wrote:
It's BIG!

lb13

The two Red counties in Texas are Dallas and Harris. My guess is that a fairly large number of people fly into and out of the airports in the major cities. Especially because Southwest airlines flies lots of routes to St Louis out of both Houston and Dallas. Well, I know they do out of Dallas, and I assume they do out of Houston.
I thought they might be Dallas and Houston (although for some reason I thought Dallas was more centrally located) but, other than being two large cities in Texas, I couldn't see a connection. The airline route thing makes sense, though.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#37 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:37 am

Lackadaisical Stumblebum wrote:Any explanation for the two Texas spots, though?
Oops, I missed that query.....

Dallas because it is a large, large city not all that far away (Same with Detroit, even distance-wise)....

As for Houston, it is what WG'ers like to call a bill magnet. I get an unbelievable amount of Houston hits, and I'm not really sure why other than bills seem to gravitate there for some reason. I think Harris County may have been the first county outside of MO and IL that I got to go red.....
Lackadaisical Stumblebum wrote:I tossed Georges all over the Can and got jack diddly in return. Maybe I'll have to come out of WG retirement and give that experiment another whirl this year....
You should come out of retirement anyway!

But yes, you should try it again next time you go up there. Look at the 100 BB bills I marked and spent back in April..... only 7 have resurfaced so far..... a 7% hit rate..... and that's actually about right on par with how it should be. By this time next year, I would expect that to double to closer approximate my overall 15.65% hit rate......

In other words..... don't count those Can bills out just yet even.....

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#38 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:39 am

My Top 5 cities in Texas:

1. Houston (Harris) 35
2. San Antonio (Bexar) 19
3. Dallas (Dallas) 15
4. Fort Worth (Tarrant) 10
5. Austin (Travis) 10

lb13

Lackadaisical Stumblebum
Merry Man

#39 Post by Lackadaisical Stumblebum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:47 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Lackadaisical Stumblebum wrote:I tossed Georges all over the Can and got jack diddly in return. Maybe I'll have to come out of WG retirement and give that experiment another whirl this year....

But yes, you should try it again next time you go up there. Look at the 100 BB bills I marked and spent back in April..... only 7 have resurfaced so far..... a 7% hit rate..... and that's actually about right on par with how it should be. By this time next year, I would expect that to double to closer approximate my overall 15.65% hit rate......

lb13
I thought it being a playoff game there would be more out of towners there. So much for Dallas being good to me. Or maybe all the Mavs fans just immediately turned those Georges back in at the nearest beer stand.....

What, no love for my Giants joke? That was brilliant!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#40 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:49 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
I thought it being a playoff game there would be more out of towners there. So much for Dallas being good to me. Or maybe all the Mavs fans just immediately turned those Georges back in at the nearest beer stand.....

If you were into current baseball, you could have made it better and said it was Pablo Sandoval, aka Kung Fu Panda.....

lb13

Lackadaisical Stumblebum
Merry Man

#41 Post by Lackadaisical Stumblebum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:51 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

If you were into current baseball, you could have made it better and said it was Pablo Sandoval, aka Kung Fu Panda.....

lb13
That would NOT be better, Willie McCovey is Mr. Giant! And do they even wear the orange unis anymore?

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#42 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:54 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
That would NOT be better, Willie McCovey is Mr. Giant! And do they even wear the orange unis anymore?

Alas, they do not......

Mr. Giant for me is none other than Matt Cain, who has spent every waking hour of his Major League career stuck on my BBBL team roster..... and someone you should be rooting for everytime he doesn't pitch against the ROCKIES!!!!!!!11

lb13

Lackadaisical Stumblebum
Merry Man

#43 Post by Lackadaisical Stumblebum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

Alas, they do not......

Mr. Giant for me is none other than Matt Cain, who has spent every waking hour of his Major League career stuck on my BBBL team roster..... and someone you should be rooting for everytime he doesn't pitch against the ROCKIES!!!!!!!11

lb13
Can I just do a blanket "okay, go Cain, I'm rooting for you"? Because God knows I've never heard of him and I'd never see him if it wasn't against the Rockies.

Wait a minute, I think my mom said I am supposed to want the Giants to lose no matter what. I recall my nephew and her getting all excited and up last week or week before because the Giants were losing. So they must be the Rockies' chief competition in the standings.

Sorry, Matty......

Lackadaisical Stumblebum
Merry Man

#44 Post by Lackadaisical Stumblebum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:59 am

Also, I have been inspired to refresh my George Report (which I haven't done since the last time you bitched at me to do it several weeks ago) and, since I have the site up anyway, I'm about to enter the ones I have sitting here.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#45 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:00 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

Alas, they do not......

lb13
Can I just do a blanket "okay, go Cain, I'm rooting for you"? Because God knows I've never heard of him and I'd never see him if it wasn't against the Rockies.

Wait a minute, I think my mom said I am supposed to want the Giants to lose no matter what. I recall my nephew and her getting all excited and up last week or week before because the Giants were losing. So they must be the Rockies' chief competition in the standings.

Sorry, Matty......

That's true..... the Giants are currently ahead of the Rockies by a game or so in the wildcard, so they are your enemy.....

Though Cain will only pitch every fifth day, so just root for them to win 20% of their games.....

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#46 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:00 am

Lackadaisical Stumblebum wrote:Also, I have been inspired to refresh my George Report (which I haven't done since the last time you bitched at me to do it several weeks ago) and, since I have the site up anyway, I'm about to enter the ones I have sitting here.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

lb13

christie1111

#47 Post by christie1111 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:05 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

Damn, how could I forget Paducah! I even ripped their Mecca's cleaning aisle so bad when I visited it last year that the employees were running for cover.....

lb13
It must be those annual trips to the Quilt Museum and festival.

MarleysGh0st

#48 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:51 pm

christie1111 wrote:'Your Bills' Summary Statistics - Hide

Hmmmm
Oh, I get that, too. I'm also (temporarily) getting a "Friends of George" stat about the total number of miles my bills have traveled--which is a pathetic total compared to just that one George of beast's that went to Moscow! :wink:

You have entered 563 Bills worth $3,747
Bills with hits: 29 Total hits: 31
Hit rate: 5.15% Slugging Percentage: 5.51% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 598.23
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,689
(out of 52,241 current users with a George Score. [83.4 Percentile])
Your State Rank in New York is: 424 out of 7,594 [94.4]
Your initial entries with hits have traveled a total of 943 miles.
They have averaged 41.0 miles per hit and 22.66 days between each hit.

christie1111

#49 Post by christie1111 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:05 am

'Your Bills' Summary Statistics - Hide
You have entered 365 Bills worth $365
Bills with hits: 35 Total hits: 36
Hit rate: 9.59% Slugging Percentage: 9.86% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 603.99
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,499
(out of 52,079 current users with a George Score. [83.7 Percentile])

2 hits over the weekend.

Seems like it is going to take a long time to get higher than 8000.

MarleysGh0st

#50 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:14 am

christie1111 wrote:2 hits over the weekend.
D'oh! You're leaving me in the dust!

Who's hiding all my Georges? :x