QOD Wednesday 12-12 ¡CAN'T SLEEP, CLOWNS WILL EAT ME!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarcelMarceau
Merry Man

#26 Post by MarcelMarceau » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:52 pm

:shock:

tanstaafl2

Re: QOD Wednesday 12-12 ¡CAN'T SLEEP, CLOWNS WILL EAT ME!

#27 Post by tanstaafl2 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:55 pm

fantine33 wrote: 12/12 Can’t Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me

Umm, yuk.
Spoiler

1. Everly Brothers
Nope

2. Gene Kelly and the Nicholas Brothers
Nope

3. Judy Collins
Send in the Clowns

4. Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
Nope

5. Moe Bandy
Nope

QOD: The Greatest Show on Earth gets derided a lot for being the worst Best Picture Winner ever, but I think it’s one of the greatest movies ever! Jimmy Stewart played a clown with a secret who never removed his makeup. What was his secret ? (Why was he hiding out in the circus)
Nope. Not sure I have ever seen the movie.

5 Point Bonus: What was the name of Cornel Wilde’s character in the movie (just a first name won’t do it)?
Nope

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Co-star Gloria Grahame also won an Oscar that year, but not for The Greatest Show on Earth. What movie got her the award?
Nope
Did I mention yuk?
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

themanintheseersuckersuit

#28 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:00 pm

Spoiler
1. Everly Brothers

2. Gene Kelly and the Nicholas Brothers Singing in the Rain

3. Judy Collins Send in the Clowns

4. Smokey Robinson & the Miracles Tears of a Clown

5. Moe Bandy

QOD: The Greatest Show on Earth gets derided a lot for being the worst Best Picture Winner ever, but I think it’s one of the greatest movies ever! Jimmy Stewart played a clown with a secret who never removed his makeup. What was his secret ? (Why was he hiding out in the circus)

5 Point Bonus: What was the name of Cornel Wilde’s character in the movie (just a first name won’t do it)?

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Co-star Gloria Grahame also won an Oscar that year, but not for The Greatest Show on Earth. What movie got her the award?
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

peacock2121

#29 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:54 pm

Spoiler
1. Everly Brothers - I'm Cathy's Clown

2. Gene Kelly and the Nicholas Brothers - no way

3. Judy Collins - Send in the Clowns

4. Smokey Robinson & the Miracles - Tears of a Clown

5. Moe Bandy - I don't even know who this is

QOD: The Greatest Show on Earth gets derided a lot for being the worst Best Picture Winner ever, but I think it’s one of the greatest movies ever! Jimmy Stewart played a clown with a secret who never removed his makeup. What was his secret ? (Why was he hiding out in the circus) noper

5 Point Bonus: What was the name of Cornel Wilde’s character in the movie (just a first name won’t do it)? noper

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Co-star Gloria Grahame also won an Oscar that year, but not for The Greatest Show on Earth. What movie got her the award? noper

KillerTomato

#30 Post by KillerTomato » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:19 pm

Spoiler

1. Cathy's Clown
2. Nope, but I'll kick myself later. (Make 'em Laugh was Donald O'Connor...)
3. Send in the Clowns
4. Tears of a Clown
5. Who? Clowning Around with the Toothless Ho

QOD: He was runnin' from the law.

Bonus: The Great Somebody or other.

Bonus Bonus: The Bad and the Beautiful
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

DevilKitty100

#31 Post by DevilKitty100 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:59 pm

fantine33 wrote:Tuesday's game is still open through tonight. If you'd like a look at the month's standings so far, it's here:

http://wwtbambored.com/viewtopic.php?t=1655

12/12 Can’t Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me

This one is simple. Rather than a lot of blah, blah describing the song, fun fact, blah, blah, I’ve given you the artist. You give me the song.

1. Everly Brothers

3. Judy Collins

5. Moe Bandy

Spoiler

1. Kathy's Clown
2. Nope
3. Send in the Clowns
4. Tears of a Clown
5. Bandy the Rodeo Clown

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#32 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:41 pm

Spoiler
1-Cathy's Clown
2-Be a Clown
3-Send in the Clowns
4-Tears of a Clown
5-Rodeo Clown

QOD Never saw this movie but I'm guessing it's something like he's fleeing a murder rap or something like that.

Nothing on either bonus.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#33 Post by kayrharris » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:52 pm

Spoiler
1. Cathy's Clown
2. Nope
3. Send in the Clowns
4. Nope
5. Nope

QOD Nope

Nope on both bonus q's

ShamelessWeasel

#34 Post by ShamelessWeasel » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:49 pm

Spoiler
4. Tears of a clown

JBillyGirl

#35 Post by JBillyGirl » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:40 pm

Spoiler
2. Gene Kelly and the Nicholas Brothers -- "Be a Clown"?

3. Judy Collins -- Send in the Clowns

4. Smokey Robinson & the Miracles -- Tears of a Clown

That's all I've got today...

traininvain

#36 Post by traininvain » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:32 pm

This one is simple. Rather than a lot of blah, blah describing the song, fun fact, blah, blah, I’ve given you the artist. You give me the song.

1. Everly Brothers Cathy's Clown (one of the greatest 'drum' songs ever)

2. Gene Kelly and the Nicholas Brothers No Clue

3. Judy Collins Send in the Clowns (U2 used to do this one in concerts, they were asked to stop.)

4. Smokey Robinson & the Miracles Tears of a Clown (Pagliacci you know)

5. Moe Bandy No Clue

QOD: The Greatest Show on Earth gets derided a lot for being the worst Best Picture Winner ever, but I think it’s one of the greatest movies ever! Jimmy Stewart played a clown with a secret who never removed his makeup. What was his secret ? He never removed his make up because he knew he was in one of the worst movies evah!

5 Point Bonus: What was the name of Cornel Wilde’s character in the movie (just a first name won’t do it)? Oscar

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Co-star Gloria Grahame also won an Oscar that year, but not for The Greatest Show on Earth. What movie got her the award? Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla
Enjoy every sandwich

fantine33

#37 Post by fantine33 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:27 pm

12/12 Can’t Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me

(I was going to give super secret bonus points to anybody who referenced the Simpson or Alice Cooper in regards to the title, but they went unclaimed.

1. Everly Brothers

CATHY'S CLOWN

BE A CLOWN

Everybody who answered Be a Clown while I still had it as Donald O'Connor must get as mixed up as I do with those two songs! Nitrah got 20 extra bonus points for catching this.

3. Judy Collins

SEND IN THE CLOWNS

TEARS OF A CLOWN

This is my second favourite song with circus music (the first is Three Dog Night's The Show Must Go On)

5. Moe Bandy

BANDY THE RODEO CLOWN

Moe Bandy was a staple on the soundtrack that accompanied my drinking days.

He was a doctor who performed a mercy killing on his wife. Everybody who mentioned murder got points, doctor without murder got points, wintergreen got extra points for being specific as to who he murdered. I think I gave running from the law points too.

THE GREAT SEBASTIAN

My dad did a great Cornel Wilde. All he'd have to do to crack us both up was make a claw hand and say 'oh, donuts!'

5 Point Bonus Bonus: Co-star Gloria Grahame also won an Oscar that year, but not for The Greatest Show on Earth. What movie got her the award?[/quote]

THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

Quiz QOD Bonus Total
50 50 0 100 tbone
40 40 20 100 nitrah
40 50 5 95 tlynn
40 40 10 90 macrae
40 40 5 85 earendel
40 40 0 80 ne1410s
40 40 0 80 saucy
30 30 5 65 KillerTomato
50 0 0 50 confessor
50 0 0 50 mrkelley