Audition Advice

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
TheConfessor

Re: Audition Advice

#51 Post by TheConfessor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:48 pm

Ssydd wrote: 2. I don't know NYC very well, I'm taking a train arriving at 1:40 at Grand Central. Is that enough time for me to easily take subway over to Metropolis Studio by 3pm?
If it were me and I wasn't confident about where I was going, I'd probably take a cab. You don't want to arrive for the audition late or stressed out about whether you'll make it on time, huffing and puffing and sweating through your clothes. Unless that's your audition hook.

Bob Juch

#52 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:08 pm

TheConfessor wrote:
Ssydd wrote: 2. I don't know NYC very well, I'm taking a train arriving at 1:40 at Grand Central. Is that enough time for me to easily take subway over to Metropolis Studio by 3pm?
If it were me and I wasn't confident about where I was going, I'd probably take a cab. You don't want to arrive for the audition late or stressed out about whether you'll make it on time, huffing and puffing and sweating through your clothes. Unless that's your audition hook.
Seeing how the studio is due north of Grand Central Terminal and the 4 and 6 trains run there, he'll probably be there at 2 PM if the train is on time.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

goongas

#53 Post by goongas » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:45 am

Just a warning, the new studio location is not the part of the city that I would want to "walk around" at, as it is not tourist friendly midtown Manhattan. Use hopstop.com to get subway directions to the studio, it is very close to the subway.

John Rocker
Merry Man

#54 Post by John Rocker » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:18 am

goongas wrote:Just a warning, the new studio location is not the part of the city that I would want to "walk around" at, as it is not tourist friendly midtown Manhattan. Use hopstop.com to get subway directions to the studio, it is very close to the subway.

You act like any part #@%^ New York is safe to walk around in. &#@* rat infested, #@^&-stained dump! Take my advice and avoid the #&@* #7 train, no amount of #@^* lifelines is going to help you out on that tin can full of #@&*( lowlifes....

Bob Juch

#55 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 am

goongas wrote:Just a warning, the new studio location is not the part of the city that I would want to "walk around" at, as it is not tourist friendly midtown Manhattan. Use hopstop.com to get subway directions to the studio, it is very close to the subway.
That part of Harlem isn't exactly a tourist destination but should be perfectly safe.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.