Transcript 09/11/09 - Alan Carver

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Jeemie

Re: Transcript 09/11/09 - Alan Carver

#76 Post by Jeemie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:43 am

akcarver wrote:It was more than the question being much easier than I thought it would be. It was also the fact that that $9,000 was the difference between getting out of debt, and not. It was a very cathartic moment for me, especially with the anxiety that built up over three weeks of waiting for the final taping. If I had gotten that question on Friday, I probably would not have reacted in quite the way I did.
But see- this is not what you said.

What you said is you were worried that the $25K would be hard, and it was easier than you thought it would be.

That is all the explanation you gave.
1979 City of Champions 2009

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#77 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:10 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Wow, this is like a stroll down memory lane.....

lb13
Lord, kill me now.

Or bleep that horrific avatar out of existence.

Either one. Now would be a good time.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

akcarver

#78 Post by akcarver » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Jeemie wrote:
akcarver wrote:It was more than the question being much easier than I thought it would be. It was also the fact that that $9,000 was the difference between getting out of debt, and not. It was a very cathartic moment for me, especially with the anxiety that built up over three weeks of waiting for the final taping. If I had gotten that question on Friday, I probably would not have reacted in quite the way I did.

What you said is you were worried that the $25K would be hard, and it was easier than you thought it would be.

There were many things I would have gone into more detail about, but I was not allowed time to do so. Unfortunately, I didn't know about this forum until a couple of weeks ago, or I would have gone into more detail at that time.
Alan Keith Carver
Federal Way, WA

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#79 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:35 pm

akcarver wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

There were many things I would have gone into more detail about, but I was not allowed time to do so. Unfortunately, I didn't know about this forum until a couple of weeks ago, or I would have gone into more detail at that time.
I wondered what happened to you; most contestants seem to find out about this forum very soon after their appearances. Welcome aBored!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

peacock2121

#80 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:53 pm

I wish more people came and found their show thread and responded to comments and questions.

Thanks for doing that.

It takes something to do that.

Welcome to the bored!

akcarver

#81 Post by akcarver » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:02 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
akcarver wrote:There were many things I would have gone into more detail about, but I was not allowed time to do so. Unfortunately, I didn't know about this forum until a couple of weeks ago, or I would have gone into more detail at that time.
I wondered what happened to you; most contestants seem to find out about this forum very soon after their appearances. Welcome aBored!
I originally only knew about the YouTube videos, when someone from Hong Kong(!) contacted me about them on Facebook. I later found another game show message board that had a few posts about my appearances. Then back in June of this year, the vids went viral, thanks to posts on Reddit!, dumpert.nl, and the Cheezburger Network. I was doing some ego surfing a couple of weeks ago, and that's when I found this board. It took a while to get approved for posting once I registered.
Alan Keith Carver
Federal Way, WA

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#82 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:07 pm

akcarver wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
akcarver wrote:There were many things I would have gone into more detail about, but I was not allowed time to do so. Unfortunately, I didn't know about this forum until a couple of weeks ago, or I would have gone into more detail at that time.
I originally only knew about the YouTube videos, when someone from Hong Kong(!) contacted me about them on Facebook. I later found another game show message board that had a few posts about my appearances. Then back in June of this year, the vids went viral, thanks to posts on Reddit!, dumpert.nl, and the Cheezburger Network. I was doing some ego surfing a couple of weeks ago, and that's when I found this board. It took a while to get approved for posting once I registered.
I phrased that badly. I should have said, "Most contestants, if they find it at all, seem to find out about this forum very soon after their appearances."

Maybe the delay in approval was related to our other problems.

Thanks for the detailed account.

MarleysGh0st

#83 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:16 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:Maybe the delay in approval was related to our other problems.
One of our administrators have to approve the registration; I think beast usually does that pretty quickly, after weeding out the obviously spammy e-mail addresses. But, IIRC, another problem that's been around for a long time is that the board software is supposed to send out an acceptance e-mail, but it doesn't actually do it, so newbies might not realize that they've been approved.

akcarver

#84 Post by akcarver » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:54 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:Maybe the delay in approval was related to our other problems.
One of our administrators have to approve the registration; I think beast usually does that pretty quickly, after weeding out the obviously spammy e-mail addresses. But, IIRC, another problem that's been around for a long time is that the board software is supposed to send out an acceptance e-mail, but it doesn't actually do it, so newbies might not realize that they've been approved.
I did try to post several times over a week or so after registering, but it took some longer period of time to get approved. I guess it's a transitory problem.
Alan Keith Carver
Federal Way, WA

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#85 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:48 pm

akcarver wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
I did try to post several times over a week or so after registering, but it took some longer period of time to get approved. I guess it's a transitory problem.

Both akcarver (as well as your alternate registered name, The Lone Fedora) were approved on September 15th, within 24 hours after you applied. You obviously ran into the glut of internal server errors we've been having when you first tried posting....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com