Doomsday is upon us

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Appa23

#26 Post by Appa23 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:15 am

ne1410s wrote:
I have never met anyone who is pro-abortion.
Nor have I Pea.

I also feel that no one born without a uterus should have a say in anti-abortion legislation. But, that's just me.
Funny, since it was nine men (presumably born without a uterus, but I did not do physicals on them) who created the federal "right" completely out of thin air.

I guess that you favor overturning Roe and its meddling by those men.

(Zing go the strings of my post. :P )

Bob Juch

#27 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:15 am

peacock2121 wrote:
TheCalvinator24 wrote:I have never before heard anyone suggest that McCain was ever pro-abortion, and trust me, if there was any validity to it, the Conservative media right now would be beating that drum loud and long.

I have met a whole lot of people.
I believe in retroactive abortion.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Appa23

#28 Post by Appa23 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:16 am

Bob Juch wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:
TheCalvinator24 wrote:I have never before heard anyone suggest that McCain was ever pro-abortion, and trust me, if there was any validity to it, the Conservative media right now would be beating that drum loud and long.

I have met a whole lot of people.
I believe in retroactive abortion.
But, we'd miss you!

starfish1113

#29 Post by starfish1113 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:39 am

Wow. I just reread this entire thread.

I wish Cal ran in my area. I agree with everything he has said. Well, in this thread anyway.

ne1410s

#30 Post by ne1410s » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:46 am

Funny, since it was nine men (presumably born without a uterus, but I did not do physicals on them) who created the federal "right" completely out of thin air.
You must have missed the word "legislation" in my post.

"Legislating from the bench" is a mantra that, I, as a moderate Republican, do not chose to chant. But, then I don't like Kool-Aid either.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

silverscreenselect

Re: Doomsday is upon us

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:32 pm

Sir_Galahad wrote:At least with Hillary ... you know what you're getting. Not so much with Obama as I really have not heard him say much beyond his empty speeches. If I ever heard a case of "he speaks like a president, therefore he's got to be good" he's it.
It's rare that I agree with Sir G, but he knows Obama to a T.

He asks people to take him on faith that he is going to accomplish great things and bring people together.

We had a guy seven years ago promise the exact same thing using "compassionate conservatism" instead of "change we can believe in" as buzzwords and look where it got us.

The only differences between Bush and Obama are (a) Obama's a much better public speaker, and (b) Bush's resume was on its face a good bit better than Obama's at the time of the election. Neither of which amount to very much.

ne1410s

#32 Post by ne1410s » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Hillary will get a big boost if she can carry her THREE home states.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#33 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:52 pm

Quick off the top of your head name Obama's top three accomplishments.

tap, tap, tap
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Appa23

#34 Post by Appa23 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:29 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Quick off the top of your head name Obama's top three accomplishments.

tap, tap, tap
Now, do the same for Hillary.

tap, tap, tap

Sir_Galahad

#35 Post by Sir_Galahad » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Appa23 wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Quick off the top of your head name Obama's top three accomplishments.

tap, tap, tap

tap, tap, tap
I believe I asked the same thing of PSM earlier in this thread. Actually, I asked her to name ONE thing Hilary has accomplished while in office. I am still waiting for that answer.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#36 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:30 pm

Sir_Galahad wrote:
Appa23 wrote:

tap, tap, tap

tap, tap, tap
I believe I asked the same thing of PSM earlier in this thread. Actually, I asked her to name ONE thing Hilary has accomplished while in office. I am still waiting for that answer.
Sorry about the wait. I have a sick kid at home, so I have been hanging out with her, rather than posting.

Hillary brought a lot of attention to the fact that the FDA would not allow the Plan B, Morning After Pill, to be available to the people who need it on a non-prescription basis. The FDA wouldn't approve the drug, despite the fact that the FDA's advisory panel overwhelmingly voted to recommend the drug, quite possibly due to the influence of several religious groups. When the FDA delayed approval, Hillary called for investigations into the matter. (As things are now, the drug is non-prescription if you are over the age of 18. Girls under the age of 17 must see a doctor to get a prescription for this drug.)

Clinton introduced the Senate version of the Lifespan Respite Care Act of 2003. The legislation was designed to help give aid to home caregivers.

She also worked on ensuring the safety of prescription medicine for children. Her work is included in the Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act, which was designed to ensure that there are more clinical trials on drugs meant for children.

These things may not be important to you, but they are to me.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#37 Post by kayrharris » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Sorry you have a sick child, PSM. I hope she's better.

What shocked me was Ann Coulter's remark that if it's McCain vs Clinton, Clinton is getting her vote. Now I'm going to have to research why she's saying Hillary is more conservation than McCain. I never listen to her when she's on because she comes across as abrasive. Does she know what she's talking about??? Obama scares the hell out of me.

I really wanted a "none of the above" choice today.

We live on the AL/GA border and my TV screen is scrolling that the AP has reported Obama has won in GA.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#38 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:26 pm

kayrharris wrote:Sorry you have a sick child, PSM. I hope she's better.
Thank you. Emma is all drippy and congested and even at her advanced age of 11 1/2, wants a bit of TLC when she is sick.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#39 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:28 pm

kayrharris wrote: I really wanted a "none of the above" choice today.
I don't feel like any of the candidates are a perfect fit for me personally. I basically had to decide what the most important issues for my family and go from there.

I am excited though that so many people are voting.

ne1410s

#40 Post by ne1410s » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:35 pm

I don't feel like any of the candidates are a perfect fit for me personally.
I guess all politics is a compromise. (How profound!)

I can't remember ever voting for someone who was my perfect candidate, but, this year, it's just hold your nose and touch the screen.

mrkelley23

#41 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:01 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
Thank you. Emma is all drippy and congested and even at her advanced age of 11 1/2, wants a bit of TLC when she is sick.
Heck, I'm 47 1/2, and I want a lot more than a bit of TLC when I'm sick.

:wink:
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Sir_Galahad

#42 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:28 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
Heck, I'm 47 1/2, and I want a lot more than a bit of TLC when I'm sick.

:wink:
Vote for Hilary. She'll give it to you. ;)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Sir_Galahad

#43 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:29 am

Sir_Galahad wrote:
Appa23 wrote: Now, do the same for Hillary.

tap, tap, tap
Sorry about the wait. I have a sick kid at home, so I have been hanging out with her, rather than posting.

Hillary brought a lot of attention to the fact that the FDA would not allow the Plan B, Morning After Pill, to be available to the people who need it on a non-prescription basis. The FDA wouldn't approve the drug, despite the fact that the FDA's advisory panel overwhelmingly voted to recommend the drug, quite possibly due to the influence of several religious groups. When the FDA delayed approval, Hillary called for investigations into the matter. (As things are now, the drug is non-prescription if you are over the age of 18. Girls under the age of 17 must see a doctor to get a prescription for this drug.)

Clinton introduced the Senate version of the Lifespan Respite Care Act of 2003. The legislation was designed to help give aid to home caregivers.

She also worked on ensuring the safety of prescription medicine for children. Her work is included in the Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act, which was designed to ensure that there are more clinical trials on drugs meant for children.

It's not that I don't think they are important. But, I don't feel that these qualify her to become the leader of the free world.

earendel

#44 Post by earendel » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:36 am

Sir_Galahad wrote:
Sir_Galahad wrote: I believe I asked the same thing of PSM earlier in this thread. Actually, I asked her to name ONE thing Hilary has accomplished while in office. I am still waiting for that answer.

It's not that I don't think they are important. But, I don't feel that these qualify her to become the leader of the free world.
And what DOES qualify someone "to become the leader of the free world"? I'm curious because I'm not sure any of the candidates in either party would measure up, depending upon how the standards are set.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#45 Post by minimetoo26 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:42 am

Honestly, McCain is probably the only candidate who could keep you from a Democratic president. So decide which is worse to you. The others are unelectable. My son even thought Romney and Huckabee were scary when he heard their ideas. And he's just a kid!

Sir_Galahad

#46 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:00 am

minimetoo26 wrote:Honestly, McCain is probably the only candidate who could keep you from a Democratic president. So decide which is worse to you. The others are unelectable. My son even thought Romney and Huckabee were scary when he heard their ideas. And he's just a kid!
IMO, there's no difference between McCain and A Democratic president. Which is why I will not vote for him.

Sir_Galahad

#47 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:02 am

earendel wrote:And what DOES qualify someone "to become the leader of the free world"? I'm curious because I'm not sure any of the candidates in either party would measure up, depending upon how the standards are set.
It's one of those intangibles. I don't know what it looks like but I'll know it when I see it. I happen to think Romney is as close as I'm going to get to it this time around.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#48 Post by minimetoo26 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:06 am

Sir_Galahad wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:Honestly, McCain is probably the only candidate who could keep you from a Democratic president. So decide which is worse to you. The others are unelectable. My son even thought Romney and Huckabee were scary when he heard their ideas. And he's just a kid!
IMO, there's no difference between McCain and A Democratic president. Which is why I will not vote for him.
A Democratic president working with a Democratic Congress vs. a RINO working with said Dem Congress. Your choice...

Sir_Galahad

#49 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:12 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
Sir_Galahad wrote:
A Democratic president working with a Democratic Congress vs. a RINO working with said Dem Congress. Your choice...
Same difference. We're f&!*@ either way.

Bob Juch

#50 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:14 am

Sir_Galahad wrote:
So are you going to vote for the Democratic candidate?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.